SEO vs OG-meta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SEO vs OG-meta

Blog2Social sets the OG-meta in page source, based on the WordPress featured image and the excerpt.

Is there a way to override that?

We use RankMath for SEO and there we can set two different images, one for featured image and one for the OG-image. Also, we can optimize the OG-text.

Basically, Blog2Social seems to render all or most SEO custom settings obsolete.

Thank you

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out and thanks for describing your request.

If you face issues while sharing content having the OG tags defined in external plugins you can deactivate them and use the options for this in the Blog2Social settings.
    Section: Blog2Social -> Settings -> Social Meta Data

Thank you for your understanding and your effort.

The following step-by-step guide will show you how to use Open Graph settings in Blog2Social:
    What are Twitter Cards?
    What are open graph tags and what do I use them for?

Or you can decide to deactivate this setting in Blog2Social, so you can use your external Open Graph settings to implement these meta values in your website source code.
    An override of settings/values as you requested for Open Graph values is not possible to be configured in Blog2Social.

Make sure to avoid that you are using multiple plugins that implement OG tags / Twitter Cards within your website source code.
    Duplicated or missing OG tags / Twitter Cards can cause that the wrong title image or description is shared on social media.

I am looking forward to your reply.

Best regards
    Alexander

Comment

Thank you very much. I am still learning and now learened a bit more.

Case closed.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

I am happy to hear that I could support you with your request.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any other questions or suggestions about Blog2Social.
        I will gladly support you further.

If you like Blog2Social and our support, we would greatly appreciate a 5-star rating on WordPress.org.
        Link: https://wordpress.org/support/plugin...iews/?filter=5

Best regards
        Alexander

Comment

Working...
        X