Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I specify where the plugin takes images from for my social media posts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I specify where the plugin takes images from for my social media posts?

How do I specify where the plugin takes images from for my social media posts?

When I go to share an existing post for some social media platforms this plugin pulls my site default open graph image rather than the featured image of the blog post.
    I want it to default to taking the featured image for the blog posts. Is there a way to set up the plugin so it does this automatically?

Again what I want is to have the plugin use the post featured image for each post and not the open graph image.

Thanks,

Joseph

Hello Joseph,

Thanks for reaching out.

The social networks always grab the image that is defined in the metatags (OG parameters / Twitter card parameters) of this post.

The following instructions will guide you on how to make sure the social media networks select the correct image:

What are open graph tags and what do I use them for?

Here is an example for Facebook:

When I post to Facebook, no image or the wrong image appears in my post.

Please let us know if this works out for you or if you have any further questions.

Your Blog2Social Team

Comment

Hello and thank you.
      So I went into my blog post and set an image in the All In One SEO plugin specification for OG image but when I went back to the dashboard B2S and clicked Share post it didn't pull that image up. It didn't pull any image up in fact. What now?

Is it not compatible with All In One SEO OG settings maybe?

Thanks,
      Joseph

Comment

I changed the featured image to see if that would make the image I chose show up in the B2S share post page for that post and still no image appears there.

Comment

Hello Joseph,
          could you post the link to your blog post, please
          Thanks,
          Andreas

Comment

Yes, here https://happycards.pro/i-am-affirmations/

Thanks!
            Joseph

Comment

Andreas, when I set a featured image your plugin finds that when I hit the share button. However, even though I've set the OG data in the post using the All In One plugin OG settings inside each post, your plugin doesn't detect that data when I click the Share post button. Is it possible your plugin is not compatible with the All In One SEO plugin or how would you recommend I fix this problem? Thank you!

Comment

Hello, Joseph,
                Blog2Social always sets the featured image by default.
                But you can also change the image with Blog2Social.
                Facebook always takes the information from the "og:image" areas of your website, exept there are incorrect image sizes.
                But if different plugins, like in your case, write different open graph parameters into your website, Facebook doesn't know anymore which information is correct:
                Currently the following plugins write image information in your source code:
                Blog2Social
                All in One Seo
                Alex MacArthur's Complete Open Graph plugin
                Site Kit by Google 1.10.0" /><!-- SEO meta tags powered by SmartCrawl

Choose only one plugin for it, please. Otherwise open graph cannot work.
                Cheers,
                Andreas

Comment

Hello Andreas,
                  Blog2Social always sets the featured image by default.
                  Do you mean by this that B2S uses the featured image for the various sharing posts?
                  In which case I just need to make sure I have a featured image on every post and that you recommend
                  that I disable OG (if its possible to do so) in these other plugins?
                  All in One Seo
                  Alex MacArthur's Complete Open Graph plugin
                  Site Kit by Google 1.10.0" /><!-- SEO meta tags powered by SmartCrawl

I see No way to disable OG in All In One SEO plugin. So either I use it or I use B2S?
                  I put a lot of time into configuring All In One SEO and also your plugin.

Comment

Hello Victor,
                    To display pictures in facebook, an "og:image" must be written into the website.
                    You decide which tool should do this.
                    Most Seo Plugins do that, when you trigger them or have finshed writing your Blog Post.
                    In contrary Blog2Social sets the og:image when you like to post to social media.
                    So Blog2Social doesn't look to existing og:image but writes the open graph into the website depending on what image you like to post.
                    You could disable this function in the settings of Blog2Social (s.screenshot)but if you like to change the image your want to post while posting let this enabled.

The following pictures are set in the link you sent me:

Blog2Social
                    https://happycards.pro/wp-content/up...for-mobile.png

Open Graph data is managed by Alex MacArthur'
                    https://happycards.pro/wp-content/up...ay-montage.png

Site Kit by Google 1.10.0
                    https://happycards.pro/wp-content/up...for-mobile.png

From "All in One Seo" no picture will be set at all. I can't find an og:image.

So for me it is not quite clear which picture you actually want to have set.
                    And "All in one Seo" didn't set an image.

You can also check how a post will be displayed on Facebook. Please go to Help& Support . There you will find the tab Sharing-Debugger. We have put together various tools with which you can directly check the appearance in the social media.

Click image for larger version

Name:	sharing-debugger.png
Views:	298
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	428​ Click image for larger version

Name:	settings-open-graph.png
Views:	300
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	429​​

Comment

Thanks. I checked and for example All In One SEO plugin's OG "Social Meta" feature is not activated in my plugin so not sure why it would be handling the OG function.
                      All I want to do is either have your plugin take the main image from each post to use in posting or to take the featured image I set for that post.

Comment

Hello, i have the same problem as what was reported here; i've taken some time to follow this tread to see if i can fix the issue with mine using the information you shared here, but i didnt seem to have a headway. Post's featured images were captured properly before now in my site but just suddenly stopped. Following your instructions, i have checked the parameters for open graph and realized they were set. I dont know what could be the issue; but i dont think its the yoast seo plugin i'm using because i was using it when the featured image was still captured on social. Please could you give more information on what i could do?

Comment

• adminaw
                          adminaw commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Hello,
                          thanks for reaching out.
                          In this task, different problems are discussed.
                          So what exactly does not work for you.
                          Thanks

thank you, what i mean is that the blog2social plugin is no longer capturing the featured image from my website to the social media channels just like the first person on this thread complained.
                        Following your instructions, i have checked the parameters for open graph and realized they were set. I dont know what could be the issue; i'm using yoast seo plugin. please could you advice me on what to do?
                        In one of your response up there, you said blog2social sets the og parameters automatically

Comment

Hello Patrick,
                          if you say "Blog2Social is no longer capturing the featured image" did you change something?
                          Social Media are looking for the open graph parameter.
                          You said: "the parameters for open graph are set"
                          So everything should work fine. What do you think should be different or is going wrong?

Could you send me the link to the post?
                          Best regards,
                          Andreas

Comment

Thank you so much for responding, here is a link to a post in my site:
                            https://joyikeji.com/islamic-religio...ver-the-world/
                            But the issue affects all posts on the site.
                            Please check if the open graph parameters are set or whatever could be a possible solution.
                            The issue is really giving me concern.
                            Thanks in anticipation.

Comment

Working...
                            X