Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto posting scheduled products does not use real URL

Hello,

I was wondering why when I have auto posting enabled for new products or posts that are scheduled, they are published with a different url than the actual one.
    Like this: www.mywebsite.com/?post_type=product&p=2007.
    For SEO purposes I need the real url to be used in all posts.

When I publish manually a product/post that is already published then the real url is used.
    Thanks

PS. Just to make sure the workflow is clear:
    1. I create the product and schedule it to be published
    2. Auto publish is enabled to publish immediately when a new product is published

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out and thanks for describing your request.

When you schedule a post with Blog2Social that is still in draft status in your WordPress environment, the canonical URL will reflect your internal ID URL. The canonical URL is passed depending on the social media network you are using.

Please note: If you make any changes to the permalink in your original post afterwards before the time of publishing, it is important to also make these changes in your scheduled social media post to ensure your posts can be reached via this permalink.

As soon as your WordPress post is published, Blog2Social will automatically access the permalink (friendly URL) of your post. All social media posts that you schedule after your WordPress post is published, will be automatically shared with the final permalink.

Please be so kind as to try to work with the “Best times” setting to create a delay of sharing the post on social media in order to allow the system a delay so you avoid using the post ID link instead of the intended final permalink.

The following step-by-step guide will show you how to achieve a similar configuration with the Auto-Poster:
    How do I schedule the posting of not yet published blog posts in advance?
    How can I change the permalink in the post preview for scheduled social media posts?

Please be so kind as to check these guides and try the process once again afterwards with adjusted settings.

Best regards
    Alexander

Comment

Hi Alexander,

Thanks for the answer that makes sense but I think you can still improve the plugin with this feature. I mean you can remember internally (in the plugin) that unique ID URL, wait for the post to be posted then grab the official URL and post with that one.

What I'm trying to achieve is an automated way of posting meaning I would like to just create the product, schedule it and the Plugin to just post it with the right URL (permalink)

So what you are saying is that right now it's only possible if I choose to post at Best Times and have the posts already published?
      I've tried that approach and I can only post at one time a day (at that Best Time). I create several products each day (3-5 or sometimes more) so I really need to post around 5 times a day. When I tried the feature with 3 new products, it posted all 3 posts at the same time.

So is there a solution for this? I don't want to go in the calendar and edit the post time for each post and for each network. It defeats the purpose of automating this Imagine I post 5-7 products a day. And right now I post on 4 networks and intend to increase the social reach. So I'm not going to go end edit 20+ posts with the proper posting time.

Anywyay, I hope it's clear. Please advise what solutions are there for this cause in the end I'm looking to automate the posting, with the permalink (not the ID URL) and I don't want to just publish all the posts at the same time in advance just so that the tool has access to the proper url.

Many thanks in advance

Comment

Hello,

Thank you so much for your reply and this feedback.

Currently there is no option inside the regular Auto-Poster to publish your posts automatically with a built-in delay.

In cases where the WordPress environment takes more time as intended due to capacity issues or overloads to proceed the post inside the environment and register the new product/post within the environment the behavior you are facing can occur.

Adding a delay option for the regular Auto-Poster is an often requested feature and is currently already in development.
        I will gladly add your suggestion to add such a function as well to our list, so we can notify you as if and when this functions becomes available in Blog2Social.

I suggested the function of the “Share at best times” since it will allow you to be able to use a delay for autoposting with the required URL.

However it is correct that then all your posts are initially then published at your current best times.
        You currently could only separate this a bit more by using multiple WordPress users that are activated with your license key and have the Auto-Poster enabled.

By separating/assigning different Categories of Posts products to this individual user you could then only share these with each user differently at the best times. But the usual delay feature would be a more efficient approach, therefore its already in development.

Unfortunately there is currently no other workaround or adjustment you could make except the editing and rescheduling as it was described in the mentioned guide above.

Thank you for your understanding.
        Please feel free to let me know if you have any other questions or suggestions about Blog2Social.

Best regards
        Alexander

Comment

Thanks Alexander for all the insight.
          Looking forward to you guys adding the delay feature.
          In the meantime, I need to find a workflow that works for me but creating users and playing with times defeats the purpose of automation.

If you really want to implement a Best Times feature you should do it like Tailwind. You just setup how many posts you want to post per day and the tool chooses the best times for you. You basically just need to add posts to your queue.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

Rest assured, as soon as this can be implemented, we will let you know.
            In addition, you can set up the re-sharer to share your already published WordPress posts on a daily basis:
            Re-share posts automatically

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best regards

Benedikt

Comment

Hey guys,

Just stumbled upon another issue.
              So I created a product as draft and have the AutoPoster to On for new products. Then after some time I published the product. The autoposter does not publish to social media.
              From my tests the AutoPoster only works if you publish the product at the moment of creation or if you actually schedule the product. If you go from Draft to Publish manually it does not work.
              Is this a bug or intended?
              Thanks.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for getting in touch and reporting the issue with the AutoPoster.

To better understand the situation and provide you with targeted assistance, we would appreciate some additional information. Could you please let us know which other plugins you are using on your website that might interact with Blog2Social?

Furthermore, it would be helpful to know how long the product post was online before you scheduled it with Blog2Social. Did you use the Auto-Post option in Gutenberg, or did you schedule the post in another environment?

By providing us with this information, we can narrow down the issue and work towards finding a solution. Our aim is to ensure that the AutoPoster functions smoothly and that your posts are published on social media as expected.

We look forward to hearing back from you and are ready to assist you further.

Thank you, and best regards,
                ​Philippe

Comment

Hey,

I don't think I have other plugins that interact with Blog2Social.
                  The product was not online and I did not schedule it. Here's the workflow again:

1. Create a Woocommerce product with all details and save it as draft (in order to publish later). Usually I create a batch for the day
                  (The AutoPost for new Products is enabled in Blog2Social-Settings-Auto-Post)
                  (When I create the product I do not mess with the Blog2Social setting shown on the create product page)
                  3. After some time (minutes, hours) QuickEdit the product and change state from Draft to Published.

Thanks

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for providing us with more details about your workflow. We appreciate your cooperation in helping us investigate the issue you encountered.

Based on the information you provided, it seems that the AutoPost for new products is enabled in Blog2Social-Settings-Auto-Post, and you create your WooCommerce products as drafts initially to publish them later. After some time, you use QuickEdit to change the state from Draft to Published.

To further narrow down the issue, we kindly request you to check the following:
                    1. Please verify if the post in question appears in the "schedules Posts" section within Blog2Social. If the post is listed there, it means that Blog2Social is aware of the post, and the AutoPost option is activated for it.
                    2. Additionally, please check if there are any notifications related to the post in the "Blog2Social notifications" section. This can provide insights into any potential issues or errors encountered during the sharing process.
                    3. After a certain amount of time (minutes, hours), please verify if the AutoPost option is still active for the post in question. You can do this by checking the Blog2Social settings shown on the create product page.
                    4. If the AutoPost option is still active, we recommend trying an alternative method to publish the post. Instead of using QuickEdit to change the state from Draft to Published, you can use Gutenberg editor to share your post. If you would like to go with QuickEdit, you can use the Auto Poster setting for imported Posts option in Blog2Social. This option allows you to share posts automatically without needing to change the state in the Gutenberg editor.

By following these steps, we hope to gain a better understanding of the issue and find an appropriate solution for you. If the problem persists or if you have any further observations to share, please let us know. Your feedback is crucial in helping us improve the functionality and user experience of Blog2Social.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation in resolving this matter. If you have any other questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us anytime.

Thank you, and best regards,
                    ​Philippe​

Comment

Working...
                    X