Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Custom Sharing and Scheduling Option' loads URL from wrong Post-type

Hi Support team and Community,

Since the last update of the WP Plugin, when selecting the 'Custom Sharing and Scheduling Option' from a blog post, the backend 'Social Media Scheduling & Sharing' loads the URL for a completely different post type. The Text and title of the article for the post-load correctly, but the URL and the Image it pulls from that URL end up incorrect.

Auto-posting does directly does not seem to have that issue but we avoid this feature as the Images don't always load with the article on all platforms.

Please let me know if there is a fix for this. I can paste the new URL for each and resync the images but this would take forever...

Thanks.

Best,
    Michael

Hello Michael,

Thank you for reaching out and thanks for describing your request.

Would you please be so kind as to answer a few short questions so we could look further into this for you?
    Are you trying to share a WordPress post that was published beforehand?
    Do you work with custom post types on WordPress that you want to share on social media?

Would it be possible to provide us with a Screenshot of the post preview that you described where you noticed the difference in the generated URL in Blog2Social?
    Please attach the published social media post which contains a wrong URL so we could look further into this case for you.

I noticed that your website is having issues on loading in a proper timeframe. You should consider to work with optimized image files, so your loading performance is improved. Or upgrading your hosting capacity at your hosting provider could also help to resolve this behavior.

Your Blog Post seems to contain an Open Graph value for the URL:
    Our Client in Boston is looking for an Administrative Assistant to join their team. This role requires immediate availability and will require visiting the ph

This value reflects the post URL and is usually automatically fetched and used by Blog2Social or other social media networks to generate your URL / Link preview.

Do you implement your Open Graph values in an external WordPress plugin? Or do you have configured this in the Social Metadata settings in Blog2Social?

Thank you for your effort and understanding.
    I am looking forward to your reply.

Best regards
    Alexander

Comment

Working...
    X