Twitter card and og meta data not correct

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twitter card and og meta data not correct

I'm using blog2Social free version 6.7.2. On the home page, the og image (and other) meta data and the twitter card information is incorrect. I'm not sure how this information got there since it is for the wrong website. When I go to settings -> social media data, the fields are greyed out. I've also unselected the Meta Tags Settings for Posts and Pages checkboxes and that has not helped. How do I change/remove this information?

Hello Tom,

Thank you for reaching out.

Open Graph (og) tags are written into your website’s source code. By default, Blog2Social Free reads the Open Graph tags that have been defined in the source code and displays them as set in the link preview.

You have two options now:

1) Delete the social meta data for ALL posts and pages with Blog2Social under "Blog2Social -> Settings -> Social Meta Data" by clicking the blue button on the right "Reset all page and post meta data".

2) You can change the respective parameters to the HTML source code of your website.

Please let me know if this works for you or if you have further questions about Blog2Social.

Thanks and best regards.

Patricia

Comment

How do I do option #2?

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback.

When trying to reproduce your case on a clean test environment the open graph tags worked correctly.

May I ask you if it’s possible that you are using additional plugins for setting your open graph tags?
        Please be so kind as to check this with your webmaster or admin and make sure to only use one plugin for setting your open graph tags.

The social media will always display the information they find in the source code of your post on your website.
        The following guides show you exactly:
        What are open graph tags and what do I use them for?

Link Preview - Troubleshooting checklist and solutions for setting Open Graph Tags

Please let me know if you have any other questions regarding Blog2Social.

Best regards

Benedikt

Comment

I have two sets of open graph meta data on the home page. One is from Yoast. It is correct. I believe the other is being created by Blog2Social. That information is incorrect. I can't change it or remove it. Please confirm that on page katherinedire.com the twitter card and the open graph data referring to mistressfind.com is from Blog2Social. Thank you.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback.

Blog2Social only uses the information that is deposited in your website's source code.
            I tried to reproduce your case on a clean test environment and everything was working properly.
            Please be so kind as to check this with your webmaster or admin and make sure the open graph tags are correct. Duplicated or missing open graph tags can cause issues for every social media network.

In addition, when checking the open graph tags of your website I did not notice any open graph tags of Blog2Social.

Please let me know if you have any other questions regarding Blog2Social.

Best regards

Benedikt

Comment

Working...
            X