Unable to connect to Twitter Profile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to connect to Twitter Profile

I have version 7.3.4 of Blog2Social, I have the Premium version. I am unable to connect to any of my Twitter profiles. I followed all the steps provided previously re adding the API and the API Key. Each time I select connect profile I am redirected to a page to upgrade my Blog2Social to the Premium version which I already have. Please advise. Thanks Narelle

Hello Narelle,

Thanks for reaching out.

Rest assured, I’m sure we can solve this.
    Please be so kind as to send me a screenshot of your “Networks” overview and a screenshot of your “Network APP-Management” that you access after clicking on “Manage API Apps” so I can check this for you.

I’m looking forward to your reply.

Best regards

Benedikt

Comment

Hi

Please see screenshots as requested:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	127
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	8495​Network API Management

Views:	123
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	8496Connect Profile

Views:	120
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	8497​​

Comment

Hello Narelle,

Thanks for your reply.

Do I understand correctly that you’re receiving the upgrade notification when clicking on “Connect Profile”?
        Please try uninstalling and reinstalling Blog2Social. After that, please be so kind as to try once again connecting your Twitter profile.

Please let me know if it worked out.

Best regards

Benedikt

Comment

Good morning

Happy New Year.

You did understand my issue correctly.

I have followed your instruction to uninstall and reinstall Blog2Social and then try connecting my Twitter profile. I received the same error message as previously reported.

What do I try next?

Thanks
          Regards
          Narelle

Comment

Hello Narelle,

Thank you for your reply.

Due to privacy reasons I have sent you a private message.

Best regards and a happy new year

Benedikt

Comment

I have the same problem. when I click on "+add app" there is a upgrade pop up . even if I should be able to connect one account as free tier offers this bug doesn't let me do so. Can you please help

Comment

Originally posted by newbook View Post
                I have the same problem. when I click on "+add app" there is a upgrade pop up . even if I should be able to connect one account as free tier offers this bug doesn't let me do so. Can you please help
                Hello,

Thanks for reaching out.

May I ask you if you already have connected one Twitter API app in Blog2Social?
                Did you try uninstalling / reinstalling the latest version of Blog2Social on your website?

Best regards

Benedikt

Comment

I've got a similar issue. I mistakenly setup an API app for a personal account and went through the "connect profile" step. When I realized I connected the wrong account, I deleted the API app in the blog2social X (twitter) "Manage API Apps" section. I went through the process again to add the newly acquired API App data from the correct X account, then tried the "connect profle" step. It now prompts asking, "You want to connect another profile, page or group?". It's as if it doesn't recognize that I've deleted the app and I'm adding a new app with a new profile. I deleted the Blog2Social pluggin and tried to connect again but get the same results. Please help

Comment

Originally posted by sidog View Post
                    I've got a similar issue. I mistakenly setup an API app for a personal account and went through the "connect profile" step. When I realized I connected the wrong account, I deleted the API app in the blog2social X (twitter) "Manage API Apps" section. I went through the process again to add the newly acquired API App data from the correct X account, then tried the "connect profle" step. It now prompts asking, "You want to connect another profile, page or group?". It's as if it doesn't recognize that I've deleted the app and I'm adding a new app with a new profile. I deleted the Blog2Social pluggin and tried to connect again but get the same results. Please help
                    Hello,

Thank you for reaching out.

Which version of Blog2Social is installed on your website?
                    Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling the latest version 7.4.1 of Blog2Social and to check if this solves this behavior?

Best regards

Benedikt

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

Please be so kind as to send me a screen recording of your “Networks” and “Network APP-Management” and how you proceed when connecting your X / Twitter profile so I’m able to take a closer look at this.

Best regards

Benedikt

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback.

Please be so kind as to check your “Networks” overview once again. Your Twitter profile should now be displayed properly. If you are facing multiple Twitter profiles, please delete the duplicated ones by clicking on the little trash bag icon.

Best regards

Benedikt

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

Please be so kind as to try once again connecting your Twitter profile. It should now work out properly.

Best regards

Benedikt

Comment

• sidog
                      sidog commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It worked! Thank you so much!

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback and great to hear that it worked out.

If you are happy with my support and with Blog2Social, we'd be thrilled if you left us a 5-star-rating on
                    https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/blog2social/reviews/?filter=5

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best regards

Benedikt

Comment

Working...
                    X