Telegram Account still not connecting to plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Telegram Account still not connecting to plugin

I have been using the free version for about a month now, and just yesterday opted to try the 30-day trial of the Premium Business subscription. While the Telegram button has now become active, I cannot connect my telegram account. I created the bot and received the Bot Token, and copied it right from Telegram to add it to the plugin Telegram settings page (along with my telegram business channel). But, when I click the button to connect it, nothing happens. It just clears my entries in those two fields and acts as though I just got to that screen. No error messages or anything. And it does the same thing if I try to connect my Telegram Group instead of my Channel. Please help because Telegram was one of the main reasons why I chose this plugin.

I can't see a way to simply delete this post, so I will just reply here that I tried once more this morning and was finally able to get it to work! Not very happy how it separates the Featured Image and the Post Wording as 2 separate Telegram posts, but at least it's connected and posting something!

Comment

Hello Katherine,

Thank you so much for reaching out and thanks for describing your request.

I am happy to hear that you were able to connect your Telegram channel/group as intended.

In the post template settings you could try to adjust your post format between link and image posts as well. Maybe you prefer to adjustment there.
      Social Media Post Formats - The differences between Image Post and Link Post
      How to use post templates for social media posts?

Please feel free to let me know if you have any other questions or suggestions about Blog2Social.
      I will gladly support you further.

Best regards
      Alexander

Comment

I have tried rereatedly to set my Telegram account up w/no luck. I know my Bot Token but cannot find my Chat ID. Where would I find it?

Comment

Originally posted by LifeIncome View Post
          I have tried rereatedly to set my Telegram account up w/no luck. I know my Bot Token but cannot find my Chat ID. Where would I find it?
          Hello,

Thanks for reaching out.

Please be so kind as to check step 8) of this guide (screenshot attached):
          How do I connect my website with my Telegram Group or Telegram Channel?

8) Enter your Telegram channel or group name and the generated 46 characters bot token that you received from the Botfather chat in Telegram inside the networks section in Blog2Social.
          You can find the specific name in the Telegram overview by clicking on the top bar in your channel or group.

For example:
          "https://t.me/blog2social_news" so you would enter "blog2social_news" which is the required channel name / ChatID.

Please let me know if it worked out or if you have further questions.

Best regards

Benedikt
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello I'm having the same error, whenever I put the chatid and token the page get refreshed and nothing happens!  All steps were done successfully.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorthi View Post
              Hello I'm having the same error, whenever I put the chatid and token the page get refreshed and nothing happens! All steps were done successfully.
              Hello,

Thanks for reaching out.

Due to privacy reasons, I’ve sent you a private message in order to help you.

Best regards

Benedikt

Comment

Working...
              X