Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can not find my moderated subreddits on the list.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can not find my moderated subreddits on the list.

I am evaluating the paid and free plan, I activated the 30-day trial to see if that would get around the problem I am having...with no luck..

I authorize the plug-in to the Reddit profile. It works fine and is authorized. The list though it gives me for the subreddits does not include some of the ones I am in. Especially the 2 I moderate Which is what I want to post to from Wordpress. Neither the Free nor the Paid version will let me choose the ones I moderate. I am obviously joined to them and I have refreshed the connection and deleted it and re-added it multiple times.

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out and thanks for describing your request.

If you are missing subreddits you have subscribed to you should consider the following steps:
    After you have connected Blog2Social with your Reddit account, the API does not constantly update your subscribed subreddits.

If you frequently subscribe to new subreddits, please make sure to delete and re-authorize your Blog2Social connection with Reddit. Blog2Social will then update the selection of subreddits you can post to.

If you are still missing these individual subreddits you should check your subreddit rules and configurations within Reddit.

I have checked this case for you and so far no general issue related to Reddit could be reproduced.

The following step-by-step guide will show you how to connect Subreddits successfully:
    How to Connect Your WordPress Blog to Reddit and build a community for your brand

It is also recommended to reach out to the Reddit support and check its help center to get more information from Reddit if required related to subreddit configurations and rules that could be adjusted.

Help center link: https://www.reddithelp.com/hc/en-us

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards
    Alexander

Comment

Wow, thank you so much for that canned response.I am impressed by your support. Did you read my message?

1) This is happening to subreddits I moderate.
      2) I have deleted and re-authorized multiple times.
      3) I am not adding new subreddits.
      4) Your article posted is so old it does not even show the new design of reddit.
      5) There is no issue with the subreddit configurations these are new freshly set up subreddits.
      6) All my subreddits that I am joined to seem to show up fine. These are only happening to ones I own/moderate.

Comment

Originally posted by sjgold View Post
        Wow, thank you so much for that canned response.I am impressed by your support. Did you read my message?

1) This is happening to subreddits I moderate.
        2) I have deleted and re-authorized multiple times.
        3) I am not adding new subreddits.
        4) Your article posted is so old it does not even show the new design of reddit.
        5) There is no issue with the subreddit configurations these are new freshly set up subreddits.
        6) All my subreddits that I am joined to seem to show up fine. These are only happening to ones I own/moderate.
        Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

As I mentioned before, we were unable to reproduce the behavior that you have described in your previous message.
        In our tests, we were able to select self-created (owned/moderated) subreddits.

As explained previously this is likely a result of individual Reddit settings that should be adjusted or configured in order to be able to select these networks in Blog2Social.

Since Blog2Social has no influence over settings that can be configured in Reddit I recommended you to reach out to the Reddit Help-Center to get more insights and support to configure this within Reddit.

I can support you with Blog2Social questions and suggestions but I can give no general Reddit support.
        Rest assured that this behavior is only account and settings specific and is not occurring in general for more than 60000+ happy Blog2Social customers.

Please be so kind as to try to reach out to Reddits Help-Center and check your settings as recommended and please feel free to let me know if you have any further questions or suggestions regarding Blog2Social.

Best regards
        Alexander

Comment

Hi, I have no idea what to even ask them. I do not know the parameters and settings that you are looking for to be set in any specific way. What settings are you expecting? Or what settings would prevent this from showing up as an available subreddit.

Comment

Originally posted by sjgold View Post
            Hi, I have no idea what to even ask them. I do not know the parameters and settings that you are looking for to be set in any specific way. What settings are you expecting? Or what settings would prevent this from showing up as an available subreddit.
            Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

Since this individual situation seems to be account and settings specific you should reach out to the Reddit Help-Center and explain to them the issue that is occurring with your managed/owned subreddits.

You should be able to select all subreddits that are connected to your account in general.
            Since subreddits can have their own community rules and settings that may have been configured or applied I am unable to give you exact instructions for a correct adjustment.

Please be so kind as to request support to fix the behavior so you can connect all of your managed/owned subreddits as intended to external third-party social-media automation services like Blog2Social.

Please also be so kind and let me know as soon as new information is available from the Reddit Help-Center.

I am looking forward to your reply.

Best regards
            Alexander

Comment

Here, let me do your job for you.
              This has been 100% replicated with multiple attempts to reproduce it, including multiple people.
              I am posting this so that if anyone else has this issue, maybe it will assist with the runaround, copy and paste and general poor support. (Did you really say this? Rest assured that this behavior is only account and settings specific and is not occurring in general for more than 60000+ happy Blog2Social customers.)

Repro Instructions

1) Create a subreddit and as ADMIN/OWNER/CREATOR attempt to authenticate and connect blog2social with reddit.
              2) Attempt to find the subreddit you own. You will not.

Issue reproduced by multiple people in /r/wordpress

Workaround:
              1) Create a new reddit user
              2) (optional) make the user a mod of the subreddit you wish to post to.
              3) Connect blog2social to that new user
              4) subreddit will show up in the list.

Thanks..

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your reply and thanks for this feedback.

Please note that a comparable case is currently not known and your reply could have valuable information related to the described behavior.
                Rest assured that we will continue to look into this case.

Thank you for providing this workaround since it could help other Blog2Social users with a similar case that was not requested before.

Until your request, no Blog2Social user has requested or mentioned a similar behavior related to self-owned or managed subreddits that are unable to detect in the list even after removing the connection to create a new API request.

Please be so kind as to let me know if you have any other questions or suggestions about Blog2Social.
                I will gladly support you further.

Best regards
                Alexander

Comment

So I can add a bit more to this.

If you check /r/wordpress you will find that indeed this and the workaround was discussed.

While testing for other issues with getting Reddit to work, I came across something interesting relevant to this.

Issue:
                  - Subreddit was in my available subreddit lists to choose from.
                  - Also I was made a moderator of a subreddit.
                  - Subreddit no longer shows in my list to choose from.

Conclusion: It seems like when Reddit pushes the list of subreddits if you are a moderator it is not on this list. Maybe there is a different list that needs to be pulled in order to see the ones you are a member of vs a moderator/owner of.

Comment

Hello - this is exactly the problem I am having. These posts are two (oops, three!) years old, have there been any developments or updates to this bug?

Comment

Originally posted by RoninTroy View Post
                      Hello - this is exactly the problem I am having. These posts are two (oops, three!) years old, have there been any developments or updates to this bug?
                      Hello,

Thank you for reaching out.

May I ask you how many subreddits you subscribed to with your Reddit profile?
                      Please be aware that the official Reddit API interface can only display 100 subreddits in general. This means if you subscribed to more subreddits, they likely won’t be displayed when trying to connect.

Best regards

Benedikt

Comment

Working...
                      X