This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with backlinks

The first Medium post I put the game page link and then I never did it again. Today I tried to edit the posts and add the url. Unfortunately I only have the url.

Why is this happening? I disabled your plugin's social metadata, because I have Rankmath.

https://imgur.com/a/6jKVaAJ​

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out.

I’m afraid I’m not quite sure if I understand you correctly. Please be so kind as to tell me a little more in detail of how you proceed and where you need assistance.
    Unfortunately, your imgur link doesn’t seem to work. Please also send me some screenshots or a screen recording so I’m able to take a closer look.

Please note:
    The link on Medium will be transmitted as a canonical link by Blog2Social, i.e. in the source code of your page, in order to refer to the original source of the content and to increase the reach from search engines like Google.

Best regards

Benedikt

Comment

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

Does the canonical backlink become yours? I did not understand.​

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

I’m afraid I still don't understand what you are mentioning or where you are facing issues. Please be so kind as to tell me a little more in detail what you want to achieve and how you proceed so I’m able to help you.

When sharing posts on Medium, Blog2Social automatically transmits your link as a canonical link in order to refer to the original source of the content and to increase the reach from search engines like Google.

Best regards

Benedikt

Comment

Yes, the canonical link is fine. ApparentlyYes, the canonical link is fine.

Your plugin does not automatically add the URL to direct users from Medium to my site. In both cases I had put the url at the end of the article. Where you only see the URL, I've placed the link on Medium.

I changed the settings of your social metadata plugin. Could this be it?

How do I make the post appear as a backlink and not as a simple url? I need to edit +30 posts on Medium.​, your site is causing problems with imgur. it is the second time that the images disappear.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your response.

Changing the metadata won’t influence this.
            Please note that Medium is very strict when it comes to blog posts which are published there. For instance they do not like double posts or posting content to drive traffic to, or increase the search rankings of, an external site. Please have a look into the Medium community rules which contains more information:
            https://policy.medium.com/medium-rules-30e5502c4eb4

However, Blog2Social puts a canonical backlink in the source code of the medium post when posting which is allowed. Your readers don't see it (unless they search in the source code), but Google can still link the post to the blog post, even if it's not very similar anymore.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best regards

Benedikt

Comment

Yes, the text is a perfect duplicate but to play video games online, you need to access my website.

How do I get a link that directs users to my site? If I do it through you, it's more beautiful. But I made 40 posts. I wish I could make edits in Wordpress. it's possible? No?

I tried to edit the posts on medium, but the link becomes a classic hyperlink. Not like yours.​

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

Please note that this is not possible because of the strict rules of Medium. They do not like posting content to drive traffic to an external site. That’s why Blog2Social puts a canonical backlink in the source code of the medium post.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best regards

Benedikt

Comment

How can I leverage Medium to get more traffic to the site?

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your response.

As mentioned earlier, you’re getting more traffic to your website since Blog2Social puts a canonical backlink in the source code of the medium post and Google can still link the post to the blog post.

Please let me know if you have any other questions regarding Blog2Social.

Best regards

Benedikt

Comment

Sorry, it took me a while to figure this out. Sadly users on Medium won't be playing, so I don't know how much it's worth it. Can I add the html of the game and have them play on Medium?

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, I cannot tell you if this is possible on Medium (since it’s outside of our sphere of support) but of course you can try.

Please let me know if you have any other questions regarding Blog2Social.

Best regards

Benedikt

Comment

Working...
                        X