Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing image when shared on Linkedin

Hello,

when I share a new post from Wordpress via Blog2Social to Linkedin sometimes the image is not posted, instead I get a link to a post on the website with additional parameter in the URL, e.g.

https://www.example.com/new-post/?no_cache=1646669519

Sometimes it happens on Facebook as well.

Has anyone experienced the same problem?

Thank you.

Best regards,
    Prisha
    Last edited by Prisha; 03-07-2022, 04:33 PM.

Hello Prisha,

Thank you for reaching out and thanks for describing your request.

I think the described behavior could be related to the used postformat for sharing the LinkedIn post.

The following step-by-step guide will show you how the available post formats in Blog2Social and how to use them:
    Social Media Post Formats - The differences between Image Post and Link Post

Also, this can be configured in the network post templates in Blog2Social.

The following step-by-step guide will show you how to configure and use post templates in Blog2Social:
    How to use post templates for social media posts?

These settings can be configured by each of your WordPress users that you activated with your Blog2Social license key.

In the post template settings, you are able to enable/disable an option called “Instant caching”. You can disable it, if you would like to work without the “no_cache=123” parameter.

This can be also configured for the Facebook post templates as well.

Please be so kind as to adjust these points and retest the process after checking the recommended guide and let me know if these solutions solved your request or if you require further assistance regarding this matter.

I am looking forward to your reply.

Best regards
    Alexander

Comment

Hello Alexander,

thank you for your help. I reset all the templates and tried different options, but the problem remains. Images are not always posted. Do you have any other idea I could try?

Best regards,
      Prisha

Comment

Hello Prisha,

Thank you for your reply and thanks for this feedback.

Would you please be so kind as to provide us with the following links and screenshots, so we could look further into this case for you?
        • URL of the WordPress post you shared
        • URL of the published post that was missing the image file / post image / link preview
        • Screenshot of your post template configuration for your LinkedIn profile and your LinkedIn pages
        • Screenshot of your post preview in Blog2Social before clicking on “Share” after preparing your post as it should be published.

If you individualized the post image instead of using the featured post image, please attach the URL to the image file as well, so we could check this case for you as good as possible.

Thank you for your effort and understanding.
        I am looking forward to your reply.

Best regards
        Alexander

Comment

Working...
        X