LinkedIn Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LinkedIn Error

Since mid-December, I have been getting this message about LinkedIn posts which do not get posted - "We don't have the permission to publish your post. Please check your authorization." What should I do to resolve this? Thank you in advance.

Hello Betsy,

Thank you so much for reaching out and thanks for describing your request.

Would you please be so kind as to answer a few short questions so I coud look further into this for you?
    Have you tried to renew/refresh your connection by clicking on the refresh icon next to the individual network in the Blog2Social networks overview?

If this does not resolve the case as expected, it would be awesome if you could provide us with a screenshot of your error notification as well as the individual LinkedIn account name, so we could look further into this for you.

Thank you for your effort and understanding.

I am looking forward to your reply.

Best regards
    Alexander

Comment

Hi Alexander, This has happened again. I have renewed the connection by clicking on the 'recycle' button and I have that scheduled to do every 60 or so days. I did this earlier in August but shortly after the posts to LinkedIn stopped and I got the 'We are not authorized to post' messages. Help!

Comment

Hi, As I was reauthorizing LinkedIn, I get stuck on the B2S LinkedIn Select Page screen. There is no page listed in the dropdown. What do I do?

Comment

Hello Betsy,

Thank you so much for your reply and this new feedback.

Please note that this reauthorization process is decided by LinkedIn and is out of scope of the influence of Blog2Social.
          Every social media networks will decide by itself when the established authorizations will need to be renewed.

I tested this case on a clean WordPress test envrionment and so far I was unable to reproduce the behavior you faced.
          The available LinkedIn pages were available during the authorization in the drop-down list and could be connected successfully.

Please have a look at the following screenshot for your verification:

Please be so kind as to retry the authentication process in an incognito (private) tab in your browser and make sure to be logged in into your LinkedIn account before you proceed with the re-authentication.

If this also fails please be so kind as to remove the LinkedIn page connection for your network's overview and proceed with the same steps once again.

Feel free to let me know afterward if this solution solved your request or if you require further assistance regarding this matter.

Best regards
          Alexander

Comment

Hi Alexander, I have tried everything that you have recommended. I still do not get anything in the dropdown window so that I can authorize the page on LinkedIn. I did this in both regular mode and incognito (private) modes and made sure I was logged out of all sessions, etc. and had myself logged in to my LinkedIn account. I am a bit frustrated as there are now 11 posts for LinkedIn that did not get made that were to promote our event which begins on September 12. If it would help, I can set up a GoToMeeting session so you can see what I am doing. I am in US Central Time Zone, FYI.

Thank you in advance.

Betsy

Comment

Hello Betsy,

Thank you for your reply and this feedback.

I checked this case once again on a clean test envrionment for you and so far I was unable to reproduce this behavior.
              It seems like you have some kind of local or environmental issue that is occurring.

In order to be able to check this case as good as possible it would be awesome if you could send us a temporary guest account with admin rights for your WordPress website, if you would like us to check this case further.

We will, of course, treat your information as confidential. Rest assured, we will use this data for tests only. You can delete the account as soon as our tests are complete.
              Please be so kind as to include the login URL, login name and password of the WordPress environment if you are interested in this suggestion.

Please make sure to provide us with the requested files via a private message in the community in order to protect your privacy.

Best regards
              Alexander

Comment

Hi Alexander, We are seeing the same error message as mentioned in this thread. Our LinkedIn profile was working fine since we upgraded. Now, all of a sudden, we are receiving the "not authorized" message.

We followed the same steps you gave above and tried to reconnect Blog2Social while we were logged into LinkedIn. However, we still receive the same error message. Please assist - thank you.
                Mark

Comment

Originally posted by MarkB View Post
                  Hi Alexander, We are seeing the same error message as mentioned in this thread. Our LinkedIn profile was working fine since we upgraded. Now, all of a sudden, we are receiving the "not authorized" message.

We followed the same steps you gave above and tried to reconnect Blog2Social while we were logged into LinkedIn. However, we still receive the same error message. Please assist - thank you.
                  Mark
                  Hello Mark,

Thank you for reaching out and thanks for describing your request.

An upgrade process in Blog2Social has no influence over the authorized connection to your LinkedIn profile or page.
                  As there are no other options within Blog2Social that need or can be configured regarding your notification its only an account specific behavior.

In case you are trying to connect and post to a LinkedIn page its essential that your LinkedIn profile has the super administrator rights within LinkedIn in order to be able to share on your LinkedIn page with the required rights.

Please make sure to check your settings within LinkedIn at first and then remove the LinkedIn connection on your Blog2Social networks overview completely and then connect it one again afterward in order to reset the authorization of the connection instead of renewing again.

Thank you for your effort.

Best regards
                  Alexander

Comment

Working...
                  X