also can't post to Instagram or LinkedIn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• also can't post to Instagram or LinkedIn

Everything I try to schedule to post to Instagram or Linked in I get this error message: Your post could not be posted, because your image can not be processed by the network.

The images are not unduly large or small -- 800-1200px usually. Things are posting to my Facebook page. I have an IG business account and it's linked to my FB page.

any solutions?

This stopped working for me too. I've noticed that it works if I use images in the webp format but it no longer works with jpg or png images

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out.

There can be various reasons for this notification. For example, hotlink protection or not supported image formats. I would recommend using “jpg” or “png” images since “webp” is not supported by every social media network.

May I ask you if you have changed any security plugins / settings on your website since you are receiving this notification?
      Instagram could not post my image, because my image is not available

In addition, issues with images are often caused by missing or conflicting metadata (open graph tags / twitter cards). The social media will always display the information they find in the source code of your post on your website.
      The following guides show you exactly:
      What are open graph tags and what do I use them for?
      Link Preview - Troubleshooting checklist and solutions for setting Open Graph Tags

Please make sure to use only one plugin for setting your metadata so the social networks can retrieve your images correctly.
      If you want me to check this for you, it would be great if you could send me a link to a post where you are facing issues so I can take a closer look at this for you.

I’m looking forward to your reply.

Best regards

Benedikt

Comment

the website is www.familiesgotravel.com My images are always jpg. Always no bigger than 1200px. and i only put meta data in one spot.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your reply and this feedback.
          I checked the URL you provided and the website source code shows multiple OG tag parameter set in your Website environment simultaneously.

You can check the screenshot below for verification:

Also, your frontend image shows this path:
          https://www.familiesgotravel.com/wp-...6270.jpeg.webp
          The webp image format is not supported by Instagram.

I checked this case on a clean test environment and was able to share your original set open graph image file on Instagram on multiple test environments with Blog2Social, therefore this Behavior seems to be sole related to your environmental configuration.

Would you please be so kind as to only use one plugin in your WordPress environment to set your Open Graph tags and Twitter Cards to avoid any unwanted behavior?
          Please also be so kind to disable this picture converting/optimization plugin and share the post with the original uploaded files while you retest this case afterward.

Thank you for your effort and understanding.
          I am looking forward to your reply.

Best regards
          Alexander

Comment

Working...
          X