Unable to connect to Instagram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to connect to Instagram

Hi Support! My Instagram-Blog2Social account used to work but stopped working on 6/26/21 for some reason. Now when I try to reconnect the profile, I just get your message: "Instagram does no longer support social media tools for Instagram Personal (Profile) accounts, just for Instagram Business accounts. To use Blog2Social for Instagram you can easily convert your personal profile account into a business account (see all advantages and learn how to convert your personal Instagram Profile into a Business account)."

I've verified my Instagram is a business account, even went through the wizard again to make sure:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-07-05 at 8.52.54 AM.png
Views:	284
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	2987

Your troubleshooting tool reveals nothing wrong:

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-07-05 at 8.47.53 AM.png
Views:	334
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	2988
    Please help! Thanks

I'm having the same issue. I've gone through the process step by step but when I get to the point where I'm supposed to click on the "Business" button, the button does not show for me to click on. My account is set to Business and connected to Facebook.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out.

@sheri.ellis:
      I noticed that you are using Blog2Social version 6.6.4.

@mmaskervtv2019:
      May I ask you which version of Blog2Social you are currently using?

Please be so kind as to update to the latest version 6.7.2.
      Now you should see the “+Business” button in your Blog2Social network overview. I attached a screenshot for you.

In addition, the following guides show you exactly:
      How do I connect Blog2Social with my Instagram Business Account?

How to convert your Personal Instagram Profile into a Business Account

How to connect your Instagram Business Account with your Facebook page

Please let me know if it works for you afterwards or if you have further questions.

Best regards

Benedikt
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello, i test your buisness version of your plugin, but i´m not able to connect to many of my instagram profiles. All are business profiles and connected with facebook. I only see the instagram profile which is already connected with another blog2social license. what can i do?

Comment

Originally posted by globetrekker View Post
          Hello, i test your buisness version of your plugin, but i´m not able to connect to many of my instagram profiles. All are business profiles and connected with facebook. I only see the instagram profile which is already connected with another blog2social license. what can i do?
          Hello,

Thank you so much for reaching out and thanks for describing your request.

In order to connect multiple Instagram Business Accounts with Blog2Social, it is helpful to ensure that each Instagram account is connected to an individual Facebook profile and that a Facebook page is attached to each of them, which is linked to the respective Instagram Business Account.

Connecting multiple Instagram Business Accounts with Facebook pages that are managed by different Facebook profiles allows you to connect multiple Instagram business accounts in parallel, depending on your license.

After you have checked and configured these two requirements for every of your Instagram Business accounts, you can now connect your Instagram business account with Blog2Social.
          Please be so kind as to test this constellation and let me know afterward if this solution solved your request or if you require further assistance regarding this matter.

Thank you for your understanding.
          I am looking forward to your reply.

Best regards
          Alexander

Comment

I have also some issues with the connection to my Instagram Business - i get "We do not have permission to publish your post. Check your authorization."

Name:	b2s1.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	3328

Name:	b2s2.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	3329
            when following the instructions adding Instagram i see no email, password etc B2S takes me straight to this and when i click Authorize there is no error messages until I make a post then i get "We do not have permission to publish your post. Check your authorization."

YES, I have the latest version of everything and yes i have disabled all other plugins etc etc ...

Comment

Originally posted by Redhawkssupport View Post
              I have also some issues with the connection to my Instagram Business - i get "We do not have permission to publish your post. Check your authorization."

Name:	b2s1.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	3328

Name:	b2s2.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	3329
              when following the instructions adding Instagram i see no email, password etc B2S takes me straight to this and when i click Authorize there is no error messages until I make a post then i get "We do not have permission to publish your post. Check your authorization."

YES, I have the latest version of everything and yes i have disabled all other plugins etc etc ...
              Hello,

Please note that the required connection has to be set up within Facebook.

Blog2Social is an official Facebook business partner and works with the official Facebook API. Therefore, it is required to log in via your connected Facebook account in Blog2Social in order to add your linked Instagram Business account.

The following step-by-step guide will show you how to solve all common issues that can occur while connecting to Instagram:
              Connecting Instagram - Things to check

To resolve this behavior, you should try the recommended steps:
              6. Reset the connection to your Facebook page
              7. Reset your Instagram settings

Please note that point 7 worked for almost all other requests with a similar issue regarding a broken "Facebook page/Instagram Business account" connection that is resulting in the error notification that you are currently facing.

Please be so kind as to test and try the mentioned solutions and let me know afterward if these solutions solved your request or if you require further assistance regarding this matter.

I am looking forward to your reply

Best regards
              Alexander

Comment

Originally posted by Blog2Social Support View Post

Hello,

Please note that the required connection has to be set up within Facebook.

Blog2Social is an official Facebook business partner and works with the official Facebook API. Therefore, it is required to log in via your connected Facebook account in Blog2Social in order to add your linked Instagram Business account.

The following step-by-step guide will show you how to solve all common issues that can occur while connecting to Instagram:

To resolve this behavior, you should try the recommended steps:
                6. Reset the connection to your Facebook page

Please note that point 7 worked for almost all other requests with a similar issue regarding a broken "Facebook page/Instagram Business account" connection that is resulting in the error notification that you are currently facing.

Please be so kind as to test and try the mentioned solutions and let me know afterward if these solutions solved your request or if you require further assistance regarding this matter.

I am looking forward to your reply

Best regards
                Alexander
                I have done all this and it's not working.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your reply and thanks for this feedback.

Regarding your Instagram request:
                  As I already explained, this resetting process is something that can only be performed by yourself.

Please note that no general issue within Blog2Social could be reproduced in relation to add Instagram Business account. Blog2Social works with the official Facebook API and is an official Facebook business partner.

Please also note that there is no option to configure anything else within Blog2Social in order to setup or fix a linked Facebook/Instagram account connection, except for the reauthorization.

Since the connection seems to be having issues, I would recommend trying the mentioned step once again:

These steps are explained in detail at The following step-by-step guide. It will show you how to solve all common issues that can occur while connecting and posting to Instagram:

Furthermore, in rare cases, there might be a Facebook API error with your account.
                  In that case, you can file a bug report with Facebook and point out a bug on Facebook's part.

If you tried these steps beforehand and the issue is still unsolved, you can get in touch with Facebook at:
                  Sieh dir an, wie du Facebook verwendest, ein Problem löst und Antworten auf deine Fragen findest.

Please be so kind as to retest the mentioned reset step or reach out to the Facebook support at any time as recommended if the described behavior keeps occurring while sharing content on Instagram.

Thank you for your understanding.
                  I am looking forward to your reply.

Best regards
                  Alexander

Comment

Working...
                  X