Facebook link error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook link error

Hello. The plugin works correctly. But when you share posts on facebook in some cases I encounter an error: clicking on the post opens the home page and not the link of the post

Hello,

Thank you so much for reaching out and thanks for describing your request.

Please note that the URL as well as the link preview are generated by the Open Graph values you have in your website source code.

I checked your URL and noticed that your website is implementing source code by another external plugin or from within your theme.
    Please be so kind as to use the Open Graph settings in Blog2Social instead.

Please note that duplicated Open Graph values should be avoided in order to prevent any unwanted behavior within social media networks.

Make sure to only have one WordPress plugin implementing Open Graph meta-tags in your website source code. Otherwise, it is possible that social media networks will display the wrong image, title, description in your social media posts unintentionally.

The URL preview can be easily configured in Blog2Social in the “Social Meta Data” menu.
    Please adjust your set values or switch to work with Open Graph settings in Blog2Social and retest this case.

You can read more about it at:
    Link Preview - Troubleshooting checklist and solutions for setting Open Graph Tags
    What are open graph tags and what do I use them for?

Please be so kind as to retest the sharing process once again afterward and let me know if this solution solved your request or if you require further assistance regarding this matter.

I am looking forward to your reply.

Best regards
    Alexander

Comment

Unfortunately, I am unable to use your plugin. Sharing takes place correctly on Facebook. But when I click on some links it opens the home page and not the correct post address. The problem is not for all users. For some the link opens correctly to others the home page opens.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you so much for your reply and thanks for this feedback.

Would you please be so kind as to provide us with a screenshot showing your Social Meta Data configuration in Blog2Social?

Please also be so kind as to provide us with the WordPress post URL of the post that was published with the wrong URL on social media and attach the URL of the published Facebook post with the wrong URL, so we could look further into this for you.

Please note that Blog2Social works user-based, and you need to make sure that the desired configurations as well as configured social media network post templates are configured for other users accordingly (or transferred to these users) depending on your used/configured post format.

Thank you for your effort and understanding.
        I am looking forward to your reply.

Best regards
        Alexander

Comment

Working...
        X