Social meta photo not updating when added in the back end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Social meta photo not updating when added in the back end

I have updated all of my social meta in the backend of Blog2social but it never updates on the front end of the website. Any reason why? Thanks

Hello,

Thank you so much for reaching out and thanks for describing your request.
    Would you please be so kind as to provide us with a screenshot showing your individual Social Meta Data configuration in Blog2Social?

The following instructions will guide you through the process of configuring and working with Open Graph tags in Blog2Social step-by-step:
    What are open graph tags and what do I use them for?
    Link Preview - Troubleshooting checklist and solutions for setting Open Graph Tags

Please note that I have checked your website source code and noticed that another external third-party WordPress plugin is already setting your Open Graph tags.
    Please also note that duplicated Open Graph values should be avoided in order to prevent any unwanted behavior within social media networks.

Make sure to only have one WordPress plugin implementing Open Graph meta-tags in your website source code. Otherwise, it is possible that social media networks will display the wrong image, title, description in your social media posts unintentionally.

The URL preview can be easily configured in Blog2Social in the “Meta Data” menu. According to my check, your tags are set by “Rank Math WordPress SEO plugin” please adjust your set values or switch to work with Open Graph settings in Blog2Social.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or suggestions about Blog2Social.
    I will gladly support you further.

Best regards
    Alexander

Comment

Hey Alexander,

thank you for your answer, this is my Social Meta Data configuration:

Click image for larger version

Name:	social-meta.PNG
Views:	52
Size:	163.6 KB
ID:	3884

Regarding:
      Please note that I have checked your website source code and noticed that another external third-party WordPress plugin is already setting your Open Graph tags.
      Please also note that duplicated Open Graph values should be avoided in order to prevent any unwanted behavior within social media networks.

Make sure to only have one WordPress plugin implementing Open Graph meta-tags in your website source code. Otherwise, it is possible that social media networks will display the wrong image, title, description in your social media posts unintentionally.

The URL preview can be easily configured in Blog2Social in the “Meta Data” menu. According to my check, your tags are set by “Rank Math WordPress SEO plugin” please adjust your set values or switch to work with Open Graph settings in Blog2Social.

At least I am aware of another module taking care about the Open Graph meta-tags and we ain't have the module "Rank Math WordPress SEO plugin" installed.
      If it would speed things up, I could provide you access to the wordpress site, I just need to know how I could send you a username/password.

Best regards,
      Sebastian

Comment

Actually I am now pretty sure that the issue is coming from my password protection plugin I am using :-)
        I will retry it once we are on live.

Comment

Originally posted by sebastian_gurlt View Post
          Actually I am now pretty sure that the issue is coming from my password protection plugin I am using :-)
          I will retry it once we are on live.
          Hello Sebastian,

Thank you so much for your reply and thanks for this feedback.

I would also recommend checking your website source code as mentioned in the provided FAQ article as you could check if Open Graph tag parameter are set in your environment and if they are implemented in duplication.

Take a look at the following screenshot as a reference:

Furthermore:

Yes, please proceed with your testing and let me know your test results and if the deactivation of the password protection/switching to the live environment resolves the occurring behavior.

Thank you so much for your understanding.
          I am looking forward to your reply.

Best regards
          Alexander

Comment

Working...
          X