Frontpage image not displaying correctly in Facebook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frontpage image not displaying correctly in Facebook

Hi - I have added an image under Frontpage Settings for Facebook in the Social Meta Data section as was in the instructions, sadly the image is not displaying and instead some weird default image is showing in Facebook. Is there some way to get this fixed, please?

Hello,

Thank you so much for reaching out and thanks for describing your request.

Please be so kind as to provide us with a screenshot showing your Social Meta Data configuration and please also attach an URL of a WordPress post that you wanted to share on Facebook if possible so I could look further into this for you.

In some cases, similar behavior is caused by external third-party WordPress plugins for optimization or for caching.

Depending on your webserver some providers also use web server-wide caching. Please be so kind as to flush your cache and configure it to be renewed in a quicker time frame in order to cache the current version of your posts.

Please note that changing these values on already shared posts does not always affect the visible values within social media networks since these posts are cached and not all social media cache is syncing in real-time.

Please make sure to adjust these plugins and settings so they do not interfere with the Blog2Social plugin. Adjusting the refresh rate of your website cache to a shortened period could also help to resolve the issue. Please note that this issue is no general Blog2Social plugin issue. It is most likely to occur because of an individualized website environment and specific settings

One possible solution could be to enable the “Instant caching” function within Blog2Social. It can be found within the network-template options for Facebook in Blog2Social.

The following step-by-step guide will show you how to solve caching issues related to Facebook posts with website varnish caching or another kind of caching on your website:
    What is Facebook Instant Caching?

Please be so kind as to check the mentioned steps and gladly let me know your results.

Thank you for your understanding.
    I am looking forward to your reply.

Best regards
    Alexander

Comment

Working...
    X