Facebook image not showing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook image not showing

When I post to Facebook the image doesnt show ( works on all other social media) - I have hot link disabled . Shows as a 403 Forbidden error

Any ideas how to fix

Hello Andrew,

Thank you for reaching out and thanks for describing your request.

In some cases, a similiar behavior is caused by plugins that allow deep environment modifications in your WordPress environment.

Please make sure that there are no external WordPress optimization/security plugin settings that are limiting the Blog2Social plugin requests that are performed in the WordPress environment.
    Please make sure that no external third-party plugin is blocking or limiting automatic functionality as well as external requests that are trying to access your website.

Thank you for your understanding.

You can check your post-preview any time at the Facebook Sharing Debugger within Blog2Social.

You can follow this path to check it individually for a post link that you would like to share:
    Your WordPress installation -> Blog2Social -> Help & Support -> Sharing Debugger

Please let me know afterward if these solutions solved your request.
    I am looking forward to your reply.

Best regards
    Alexander

Comment

Hi Alexander

When using debugger i see this error
      Missing Properties
      • The following required properties are missing: fb:app_id
      Happy to give you admin access if this helps
      KR Andrew

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Goode View Post
        Hi Alexander

When using debugger i see this error
        Missing Properties
        • The following required properties are missing: fb:app_id
        Happy to give you admin access if this helps
        KR Andrew
        Hello Andrew,

Thank you for your reply and thanks for this feedback.

It is possible that a “403 Forbidden error” is returning as a Web server notification that is caused by an individualized WordPress website environment or server-sided settings and configurations.

In general, you should make sure to avoid limiting the Blog2Social plugin with external WordPress optimization or security plugins that are active in your WordPress installation. 
        One possible solution is to adjust your settings within these plugins or disable them temporarily in order to allow Blog2Social to work as intended.

Please note that some plugins do permanent changes to databases where a simple plugin deactivation is no fix of the occurring issue and requires to be fixed by WordPress experts since every WordPress plugin can work differently.

Propper access is often blocked by installed security plugins or additional firewalls on the server-side as well.

You may try to unblock our IPs:
        IPv4: 176.28.35.48
        IPv6: 2a01:488:42:1000:b01c:2330:2:7557

Please be so kind as to try to whitelist your own server IP as well in order to allow automatic curl processes. Some settings still seem to block the automatic actions.
        Rest assured that this behavior is only environment-related and is not occurring in general for more than 60000+ happy customers.

Please note that the access to your site to read the Open Graph parameters by social media networks or other established connections also could be blocked out by your external configuration.

In general, it is not recommended to block out entire countries. This often limits the functionality within WordPress plugins.

I checked your website URL in the Facebook-Debugger and noticed that the preview image was detected but your theme is adding shortcode elements in your short description.

URL: https://developers.facebook.com/tool...lphin.co.uk%2F
        You should consider adjusting your WordPress environment to fix this properly.

Within Blog2Social there is also an option in the settings to enable shortcode elements to be recognized by Blog2Social for social media posts.
        Path: Your WordPress installation -> Blog2Social -> Settings -> Shortcodes -> Enable “allow shortcodes in my post”

Thank you for your understanding.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or suggestions about Blog2Social.

Best regards
        Alexander

Comment

Working...
        X