Huge Bug with the Social Meta Settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huge Bug with the Social Meta Settings

The Social Meta Settings has a bug where the OG Description and OG Media Image are pulling from some Post all the time instead of taking the data inputted into the Social Meta Settings Page. Here is proof of the bug. See the og:description property and also the twitter:description property below in source code
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-10-11 225248.png
Views:	134
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	5837

Now see the Settings Form on the Social Meta Settings page:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-10-11 225409.png
Views:	79
Size:	197.3 KB
ID:	5838

I only have this one plugin for Meta Tag .. .I don't have YOAST SEO Plugin. I have deleted that. Also note from the source code the Tags are indeed generated by the Blog2Social Plugin.; ANy help in fixing this huge bug will be appreciated.

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out.
    I think there is a misunderstanding regarding the social metadata settings you configured.

Please have a look at this example:

Your page/post:
    https://www.dfwhindutemple.org/cance...-body-meeting/

Has the following OG parameter added by Blog2Social:

<meta property="og:title" content="CANCELLATION OF THE Bl-ANNUAL GENERAL BODY MEETING"/>

<meta property="og:description" content="CANCELLATION OF THE Bl-ANNUAL GENERAL BODY MEETINGPer constitution, BOT and EC or D/FW Hindu Temple Society jointly decided to cancel the Bi-Annual General Body"/>

<meta property="og:url" content="https://www.dfwhindutemple.org/cancellation-of-the-bl-annual-general-body-meeting/"/>
    <meta property="og:image" content="https://www.dfwhindutemple.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/IMG_5591.jpg"/>

By checking this post/page you can see that this image is exactly the featured image you specified for this post.

Featured image:
    https://www.dfwhindutemple.org/wp-co...5/IMG_5591.jpg

Also the title and description there is an exact match.

These settings implement the OG tags for your individual post/page:

The following step-by-step guide will show you how to configure and work with Open Graph tags in Blog2Social:
    What are open graph tags and what do I use them for?

Furthermore, please note that:

Our hosting provider is currently experiencing some difficulties and the networks are not visible in the overview in Blog2Social.
    Our hosting provider is aware of this situation and is working on a solution for this.

Please rest assured, once this has been resolved, we'll let you know.
    Thank you for your patience.

Best regards
    Alexander

Comment

• dfwhindutemple
      dfwhindutemple commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Alexander sorry for the delay in responding. I think the page you checked is correct. The issue I am seeing in for our Home Page only. All other pages and posts are rendering the OG parameters correctly. It is only the Home Page which is not correct. Please test that and tell me your results. I think it is a bug somewhere.
      Thanks
      Mueksh

Hello,

Our hoster has fixed the bug and restored the functionality of Blog2Social. The application is working again and should be fully up and running later today.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience and trust.

Best regards
    Alexander

Comment

Hello,

Thank you so much for your reply and this feedback.
      Also thanks for specifying to which page your notice is related to.

This behavior seems to be unusual, and it would be awesome if you could send us a temporary guest account with admin rights for your WordPress website, if you would like us to check this case further.

We will, of course, treat your information as confidential. Rest assured, we will use this data for tests only.
      You can delete the account as soon as our tests are complete.

Please be so kind as to include the login URL, login name and password of the WordPress environment if you are interested in this troubleshooting suggestion.

Please make sure to provide us with the requested files via a private message in the community in order to protect your privacy.

Thank you for your effort and understanding.
      I am looking forward to your reply.

Best regards
      Alexander

Comment

Working...
      X