excerpt - remove blocks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• excerpt - remove blocks?

When the plugin creates the post for certain social media (facebook, twitter), there seems to be an issue for a particular scenario.

If a WordPress post starts with an embedded item (e.g. YouTube video) followed by text, the excerpt includes the URL of that embedded content before the text (body of post). This is probably to do with the blocks, and something I noticed in a Theme I use too. The answer was for this code to be inserted at the right place
    Code:
    $text = excerpt_remove_blocks( $text );
    Is this something that can be done in this plugin?

Hello,

Thank you so much for reaching out and thanks for describing your request.

Would you please be so kind as to answer a few short questions so I could look further into this for you?

In which WordPress theme did you notice such a behavior? Could you provide us with a link to such a post if possible?

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, it is unusual that Video embeds are placed in front of the other content but it does make sense to exclude these links within the Blog2Social plugin like recommender. We will gladly check this case for you and as soon as we have new information related to your request I will contact you as soon as possible.

I am looking forward to your reply.

Best regards

Alexander

Comment

Working...
    X