Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WP Custom Fields in Network templates

Hello,
    is there a simple way to insert wordpress custom fields on network templates?
    It's tedious to edit every single schedulation for inserting them manually
    Thanks and compliments for this plugin. It works very well

Stefano
    Last edited by stefanos; 09-06-2020, 01:47 PM.

Hello Stefano,

Thank you so much for reaching out and thanks for your awesome feedback.

Would you please be so kind and answer me a few short questions so I would be able to look further into this for you?
    1. Do you plan to insert a custom post field as a shortcode or as a variable inside the network-templates?
    2. Where are these shortcodes or variables defined?

I am looking forward to your reply.

Best regards

Alexander

Comment

Hi Alexander, and thank you for your reply.

1 - I think a shortcode is a cleaner solution, but for now i'm fetching these fields manually with get_post_meta function, just after "the_content", in single.php file. However, it wouldn't be a problem to write some code in function.php in order to generating a shortcode for every custom field. (i have 5 custom fields max per post right now).

2 - Not sure to having understood your question, but i'll try to reply. These variables are defined in wp_postmeta table, just like other meta fields of WP

Tell me if I can help you with additional information
      Thanks
      Stefano
      Last edited by stefanos; 09-07-2020, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Hello Stefano,

Thank you for your reply and thanks for providing these important details.

I like your suggestion to extend the network templates with wp custom fields.

I will add your suggestion to our list for future developments. We will gladly check this for you and as soon we have new information related to this we will notify you as soon as possible.

Thank you for your suggestion. Your feedback helps us to continuously develop and improve Blog2Social.

Best regards

Alexander

Comment

Thanks Alexander,
          custom field management would be an interesting feature to improve flexibility of network templates
          Hope to see this feature on next releases!
          Regards
          Stefano

Comment

Hi, when will the shortcode oder custom field feature be available?

Comment

Hello,

Rest assured, we will let you know as soon as we have new information regarding this feature.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best regards

Benedikt

Comment

Any News on this Feature another 6 months later?

Comment

Hello Tobias,

Thank you so much for reaching out and thanks for your interest in Blog2Social.

Unfortunately, the requested feature is currently still in development.
                  Rest assured, if and when the requested feature can be implemented into Blog2Social in a future update, we will gladly contact you as soon as possible.

Thank you for your understanding, your patience is highly appreciated.

Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions or suggestions about Blog2Social in the meantime.
                  I will gladly support you further.

Best regards
                  Alexander

Comment

Any news on this Feature. The initial suggestion was posted over two years ago now and it is still not implemented

Comment

Hello Tobias,

Thank you so much for reaching out once again.
                      The requested feature to support custom fields from the mentioned external WordPress plugin is currently still in development by the IT experts of Blog2Social.

Please rest assured, if and when the requested feature can be implemented into Blog2Social in a future update of Blog2Social, I will gladly contact you as soon as possible.
                      Thank you for your understanding.

However, as a little workaround you could check the following info:
                      Some other Blog2Social users implement their own developments using the Blog2Social hooks and filters provided.

The following step-by-step guide shows you all the available Blog2Social hooks and filters:
                      Blog2Social Hooks: Filters & Actions

Please note that this is a custom development and you will need some more technical knowledge to work with hooks and filters.

You may need to hire external WordPress experts to develop a custom feature for you, depending on your individual requirements.
                      The way you have described your requirement, I also think you can work with these filters:

Hook:
                      b2s_filter_posting_template_show_taxonomies

Function/Purpose:
                      Show custom taxonomies for selection in posting templates.

Hook:
                      b2s_filter_posting_template_set_taxonomies

Function/Purpose:
                      Set custom taxonomies from other plugins or set custom post templates with your individual taxonomies.

Please note that these hooks/functions are available with Business version of Blog2Social. Since you already use the Business license no upgrade is required here.
                      Please feel free to let me know if you have any other questions or suggestions about Blog2Social in the meantime.

Best regards
                      Alexander

Comment

Working...
                      X