Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WP Custom Fields in Network templates

Hello,
    is there a simple way to insert wordpress custom fields on network templates?
    It's tedious to edit every single schedulation for inserting them manually
    Thanks and compliments for this plugin. It works very well

Stefano
    Last edited by stefanos; 09-06-2020, 02:47 PM.

Hello Stefano,

Thank you so much for reaching out and thanks for your awesome feedback.

Would you please be so kind and answer me a few short questions so I would be able to look further into this for you?
    1. Do you plan to insert a custom post field as a shortcode or as a variable inside the network-templates?
    2. Where are these shortcodes or variables defined?

I am looking forward to your reply.

Best regards

Alexander

Comment

Hi Alexander, and thank you for your reply.

1 - I think a shortcode is a cleaner solution, but for now i'm fetching these fields manually with get_post_meta function, just after "the_content", in single.php file. However, it wouldn't be a problem to write some code in function.php in order to generating a shortcode for every custom field. (i have 5 custom fields max per post right now).

2 - Not sure to having understood your question, but i'll try to reply. These variables are defined in wp_postmeta table, just like other meta fields of WP

Tell me if I can help you with additional information
      Thanks
      Stefano
      Last edited by stefanos; 09-07-2020, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Hello Stefano,

Thank you for your reply and thanks for providing these important details.

I like your suggestion to extend the network templates with wp custom fields.

I will add your suggestion to our list for future developments. We will gladly check this for you and as soon we have new information related to this we will notify you as soon as possible.

Thank you for your suggestion. Your feedback helps us to continuously develop and improve Blog2Social.

Best regards

Alexander

Comment

Thanks Alexander,
          custom field management would be an interesting feature to improve flexibility of network templates
          Hope to see this feature on next releases!
          Regards
          Stefano

Comment

Working...
          X