Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OG Meta Title Error & Images not loading

Hello,

Just trying the free trial and so far I am really happy with this plugin.
    However I'm having 2 issues.

The first is the OG Meta Title, it is always showing as "520: Web server is returning an unknown error"

The second issue is when creating a post, the image populates for one second then it's gone, I can click on "Change Image" and set it manually however this is going to become a bit annyoing, the strange thing is this worked fine until I started the premium trial?

I think its easier if I show you the problem so please see below

Click image for larger version

Name:	Animation.gif
Views:	266
Size:	128.5 KB
ID:	2681
    If I can get this resolved then you've got yourself a paying customer for life

Kind regards!

I've attached a gif of the problem here: https://gifyu.com/image/58pJ

Also might be worth mentioning I'm using Siteground as my WP host, We also have cloudfare enabled.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by eveloko; 05-08-2021, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you so much for reaching out and thanks for your interest in Blog2Social.

It is possible that a “520:Web server is returning an unknown error” notification is caused by an individualized WordPress website environment or server-sided settings and configurations.

You can read more about it at:
      https://wiki-tech.net/errors/0x/Error%20520/

In general, you should make sure to avoid limiting the Blog2Social plugin with external WordPress optimization or security plugins that are active in your WordPress installation.

One possible solution is to adjust your settings within these plugins or disable them temporarily in order to allow Blog2Social to work as intended.

Please note that this behavior is no general issue within Blog2Social and you should consider hiring a WordPress expert in order to help you fix the occurring behavior in your WordPress installation.

Please be so kind as to try to adjust or disable these settings/plugins and retry to share a post with Blog2Social.
      Propper access is often blocked by installed security plugins or additional firewalls on the server-side as well.

You may try to unblock our IPs:
      IPv4: 176.28.35.48
      IPv6: 2a01:488:42:1000:b01c:2330:2:7557

Please be so kind as to try to whitelist your own server IP as well in order to allow automatic curl processes.

Please note that the access to your site to read the Open Graph parameters by social media networks or other established connections also could be blocked out by your external configuration.

In general, it is not recommended to block out entire countries. This often limits the functionality within WordPress plugins.
      If you suffer from bot attacks you should also consider involving a WordPress expert for your individual needs securing your website.

It is also possible that your website was not reachable when the social media network tried to receive the required data to publish your posts.

One possible issue could be that your website seems to suffer from timeouts while sharing content. Make sure to check the Blog2Social system requirements for “Max execution time”: System requirements for installing Blog2Social

It would be awesome if you could try to enable the “Legacy mode” within the Blog2Social settings to optimize the sharing process on your WordPress installation.

An overload or lack of server capacity can cause the Blog2Social dashboard to freeze or not load at all. If your website is hosted on a server with low server capacity, you can turn on the Blog2Social Legacy Mode to reduce server load.

In Legacy Mode, the plugin will load contents one after the other (asynchronous loading) instead of loading all at once.
      Some web hosting services also limit the number of outgoing connections. In this case, the Legacy Mode makes sure that connections to your social media accounts are loaded successively.

To activate Legacy Mode, go to “Blog2Social -> Settings -> General -> System” and tick the box saying “activate Legacy Mode”.

You can test your PageSpeed scores with the Google page speed checker by entering the URL of your website URL on the following page: https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights

Thank you for your understanding.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or suggestions about Blog2Social.
      I will gladly support you further.

Best regards
      Alexander

Comment

Hi evoloko & Support,

I have exactly the same issue in exactly the same environment (Siteground-Cloudflare-WP).

evoloko, have you been able to sort it out?

Thanks!

Comment

Hello,

Thank you so much for reaching out and thanks for describing your request
          Would you please be so kind as to answer a few short questions so we could look further into this for you?

Are you currently facing a "520: Web server is returning an unknown error" error notification in your Open Graph generated preview?

Or are you facing an issue while changing the social media post image?
          Please be so kind as to attach a screenshot showing the individual situation in your WordPress environment.

Besides that, would you please be so kind as to provide us with the generated troubleshooting-tool .txt Log file so I could look further into this for you?

You will find the Troubleshooting-Tool by following this path:
          Your WordPress installation -> Blog2Social -> Help & Support -> Troubleshooting-Tool

Please also be so kind as to provide us with a screenshot showing the individual conflicts, if available in the overview.
          You can send me these files and information via a private message in the community, in order to protect your privacy.

I am looking forward to your reply.

Best regards
          Alexander

Comment

Hi

I was wondering if anyone had managed to resolve this issue?

We are having the same problem with OG Meta Title showing as "520: Web server is returning an unknown error" and have the same setup - Siteground, Cloudflare.

We have tried disabling Siteground optimizer, Cloudfare and any other security plugins to see what might be causing this but even when disabling these plugins it still shows the same 520 error.

Hoping someone can help with this.

Thank you in advance.

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Patterson View Post
              Hi

I was wondering if anyone had managed to resolve this issue?

We are having the same problem with OG Meta Title showing as "520: Web server is returning an unknown error" and have the same setup - Siteground, Cloudflare.

We have tried disabling Siteground optimizer, Cloudfare and any other security plugins to see what might be causing this but even when disabling these plugins it still shows the same 520 error.

Hoping someone can help with this.

Thank you in advance.

Michael
              Hello Michael,

Thank you so much for reaching out and thanks for describing your request.

In order to be able to look further into this case for you, it would be required to check your WordPress environment.
              Please be so kind as to provide us with the generated troubleshooting-tool .txt Log file so I could look further into this for you?

You will find the Troubleshooting-Tool by following this path:
              Your WordPress installation -> Blog2Social -> Help & Support -> Troubleshooting-Tool

Please also be so kind as to provide us with a screenshot showing the individual conflicts, if available in the overview.
              You can send me the file via a private message in the community in order to protect your privacy.

Are you facing the same behavior with disabled CDN settings for your domain? If you did not try this, it would be very helpful to try to adjust your domain nameservers, so you can check if your individual settings of Cloudflare are causing the mentioned behavior.

Please try this step if you are sure Blog2Social is not limited by external WordPress plugins and firewall settings in your environment.

I am looking forward to your reply.

Best regards
              Alexander

Comment

Hi,
                I am experiencing the exact same issue. I am also on Siteground/Cloudflare/WordFence. The troubleshooting tool says there is a conflict with WordFence but the issue does not go away when I disable WordFence. I am not experiencing any issues with any other plugins or tools. I have two sites on Siteground configured the same way. Blog2Social shows the conflict with WordFence in both sites, but only one shows the 520 error. Can you possibly take a closer look at this and give us a little more to work with in troubleshooting?

Thanks.

Comment

Hello,

This individual behavior seems to be caused by individual configured settings or server sided configuration.
                  If you would like to get your WordPress environment checked by the Blog2Social IT experts, in order to try to detect the causing origin:

It would be awesome if you could send us a temporary guest account with admin rights for your WordPress website.
                  We will, of course, treat your information as confidential. Rest assured, we will use this data for tests only.

You can delete the account as soon as our tests are complete.

Please be so kind as to include the login URL, login name, and password if you create a new account for our tests.
                  Please send us the requested data via a private message in the community in order to protect your privacy.

Thank you for your understanding and your effort.

Best regards
                  Alexander

Comment

Originally posted by Blog2Social Support View Post
                    Hello,

This individual behavior seems to be caused by individual configured settings or server sided configuration.
                    If you would like to get your WordPress environment checked by the Blog2Social IT experts, in order to try to detect the causing origin:

It would be awesome if you could send us a temporary guest account with admin rights for your WordPress website.
                    We will, of course, treat your information as confidential. Rest assured, we will use this data for tests only.

You can delete the account as soon as our tests are complete.

Please be so kind as to include the login URL, login name, and password if you create a new account for our tests.
                    Please send us the requested data via a private message in the community in order to protect your privacy.

Thank you for your understanding and your effort.

Best regards
                    Alexander
                    Hi Michael,
                    I'd be happy to help with testing. Short of that, if there is a way to remove the pipe and the text following, that would work for e as well. Is it possible to configure my post tempplates so that the "| 520: Web server is returning an unknown error" does not appear at all.

I have manually updated the field just now, but when I view the scheduled post, the error message is still there.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-01-09 23_38_52-.png
Views:	0
Size:	0
ID:	4159

Comment

Hello,

It's great that you contacted us and I appreciate you describing your request.

Typically, this server response will only be shown if some settings or configurations within your environment are blocking automatic processes.

520: Web server is returning an unknown error

For testing, you may also use another WordPress plugin to implement Open Graph tags into your website and temporarily disable the settings in the Blog2Social Metadata Options. Open Graph metadata can always be implemented in the source code of your website by using the plugin of your choice. Make sure to avoid any duplicate values in order to prevent unintended behavior such as showing the wrong preview, image, tile, etc.

In case this also fails to display, you may want to hire a WordPress expert to identify the underlying problem and fix it. This is neither a general Blog2Social bug nor an issue, but a result of certain configurations that affect environmental security and optimization.

In response to your question:
                      Blog2Social's network post templates cannot hide Open Graph data associated with the error notification.

If you are using such plugins or services, I recommend rechecking your security/optimization settings, as well as your CDN settings. Also, please ensure that you don't have any restrictive firewall settings on the server.

Your effort and understanding is greatly appreciated.

Best regards
                      Alexander

Comment

Hello, has anyone solved this error? Siteground and Wordfence user here as well. I added the IP's to the Whitelist in Wordfence. Even tried turning it off and I'm still receiving the errors.

Comment

Originally posted by vinceshujaa View Post

Hi Michael,
                          I'd be happy to help with testing. Short of that, if there is a way to remove the pipe and the text following, that would work for e as well. Is it possible to configure my post tempplates so that the "| 520: Web server is returning an unknown error" does not appear at all.

I have manually updated the field just now, but when I view the scheduled post, the error message is still there.
                          2022-01-09 23_38_52-.png
                          Originally posted by eveloko View Post
                          I've attached a gif of the problem here: https://gifyu.com/image/58pJ

Also might be worth mentioning I'm using Siteground as my WP host, We also have cloudfare enabled.
                          Originally posted by onthelinetech View Post
                          Hello, has anyone solved this error? Siteground and Wordfence user here as well. I added the IP's to the Whitelist in Wordfence. Even tried turning it off and I'm still receiving the errors.
                          Hello,

Would you mind answering a few short questions, so that I can look into this case further for you?
                          Are you currently routing your website data through Cloudflare from your Server/Domain?
                          Is the post image shown in the post preview?

Does your shown post description also show the error: “520 error”?
                          This error notification seems to be related to Cloudflare and your individual settings.

Have you tried to remove Cloudflare? Or have you tried to disable the service temporarily?

Please also try to clear the cache of your browser after removing Cloudflare.
                          Please be so kind as to try this to see if this solves your issue. Or, please log in with another browser.

If the issue should still persists, this could be caused by resisting Cloudflare setting in your database. Did you delete the Cloudflare settings completely, or did you just deactivate them?

The following instructions will guide you through the process of troubleshooting the mentioned 520 error step-by-step:
                          Solution: 520: Web server is returning an unknown error

Please note:
                          Of course, we will always keep on supporting you in the best possible way with all your requests regarding Blog2Social, but since this issue is outside of our sphere of influence, I would recommend contacting the Cloudflare support on how to solve this.

If they will be unable to find a suitable solution, you could also reach out to your hosting provider or your webmaster to temporary change your domain settings to your default settings, so your domain is not routing your website data through Cloudflare in order for you to be able to further investigate the situation and re test the behavior.

In case this also fails to resolve the occurring behavior, you may want to get help from a WordPress expert to identify the underlying problem and fix it for you.

In any case, I can assure you that this is not a Blog2Social issue, but a result of a specific configuration in your WordPress and server environment.
                          Please let me know if this worked out for you or if you have further questions.

Best regards
                          Alexander

Comment

Working...
                          X