Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The connection to the server failed" when re-sharing

Hi,

When I try to queue several posts for re-sharing, I will always get "The connection to the server failed. Try again!" error. Why?

Thanks

Hello,

Thank you so much for reaching out.

This notification is usually the result of a slow server and results in a server-side timeout. Please make sure that your website meets the system requirements for Blog2Social and please make sure you have no active hotlink protection on your server or website.

The following guides will help to solve common issues related to system requirements:

System requirements for installing Blog2Social:

https://www.blog2social.com/en/faq/i...=58&artlang=en

The connection to the server failed. Please try again!:

https://www.blog2social.com/en/faq/i...106&artlang=en

Please let me know if you have any other questions about Blog2Social

Best regards

Alexander

Comment

I try all methods in your article but all do not work. I increase the Max execution time to 90 but still does not work.

I don't think that is a problem of our server. As I can queue posts in the past without any problems.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your reply and for your feedback.

Have you already tried to check the Troubleshooting-Tool for conflicts and notification? If so, it would be awesome if you could send us the generated Troubleshooting-Tool report. If you did not check that before it would be awesome if you could check the mentioned Troubleshooting tool of Blog2Social. With this tool, it is possible to check your website if it meets the system requirements.

In general, the Troubleshooting-Tool helps you with conflicts that can be caused by the system settings of your blog which can disturb Blog2Social working properly. This way you can see independently your settings on WordPress at any time.

Path to the Troubleshooting-tool:

Your WordPress installation -> Blog2Social -> Help & Support -> In the top menu you will find the Troubleshooting-Tool on the second entry.

Please be so kind and provide us with a screenshot of that view to be able to look further into this for you.

The following guide will help you find and understand the Troubleshooting-Tool of Blog2Social:

How to check your blog settings with the Troubleshooting-Tool

I am looking forward to your reply.

Best regards

Alexander

Comment

Hi,

Please find the troubleshoot screenshot, the only conflict is the WordFense. But when I click "Resove conflict", I will be pointed to https://www.blog2social.com/en/faq/i...=58&artlang=en , which does not say anything about WordFence.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Troubleshoot.png
Views:	184
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	754

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your reply and for providing the requested screenshot.

Furthermore, thanks for the hint that this notification is not detailed enough. Maybe this can be adjusted in a future update of Blog2Social.

Please be so kind and disable the WordFence WordPress Plugin temporarily and please turn on the Blog2Social Legacy Mode to reduce the server load.

In Legacy Mode, the plugin will load contents one after the other (asynchronous loading) instead of loading all at once.

Some web hosting services also limit the number of outgoing connections. In this case, the Legacy Mode makes sure that connections to your social media accounts are loaded successively.

To activate Legacy Mode you can go to “Blog2Social -> Settings -> General -> System” and tick the box saying “activate Legacy Mode”.

Please let me know if this solution works for you. I am looking forward to your reply.

Best regards

Alexander

Comment

Both does not work. I give up. Thanks anyway.

Comment

Hello,
                The message "The connection to the server failed" may indicate that a security tool is trying to prevent outgoing connections, e.g. to social networks.
                Often these are security plugins or firewalls like your installed Wordfence.
                You can check the log in Wordfence and add Blog2Social to the allowed connections.
                Hotlink protection or Server-side firewalls also prevent the automatic access to pages or posts.
                Best regards,
                Andreas

Comment

Hi,

That should not be the problem. I have tried to disable WordFence but that does not work either.

Actually this seems to be a bug of your plugin. It seems that you have a quota of 50 queued posts every month. If I queue 50 posts and then delete them, then I will use up all the quota so will never be able to add new posts to the queue. And the message "The connection to the server failed. Try again!" is completely confusing as the actual reason has no relationship with the connection at all!

Today I switch from your free plan to Pro Plan, thus I get another 50 quota in this month. So I try to queue 50 posts and your plugin never reports "Connection failed" error any more. Then I try to remove all the 50 posts in the queue, then try to queue another 50 posts, then I get the "Connection Failed" error again. This confirms my assumption above.

So I just wonder how to clear the record in the database that indicates how many posts I have queued already? I can see that in the top most message saying "Hi, we noticed you just shared your 100. blog post with Blog2Social - that's awesome!". So where is 100 stored? I belive after clearing that value, I may be able to re-queue my posts again.

Thanks

Comment

Hello,

Thank you so much for your reply and thank you for your feedback and the tests you performed on your WordPress installation. We have checked your request carefully and wanted you to consider a few things.

We have tested your scenario on clean test environments and could not reproduce the issue you described.

Please note that your web server is performing a task that is consuming resources of your server capabilities to transfer your queued posts to the server of Blog2Social. A local database entry can not be modified to empty your queue. Furthermore, the deleting process of the transferred queue also consumes the resources of your server capabilities that are likely to cause the notification you are facing. Whenever your server can not handle these requests in a timely manner of a preset time frame the error notification you are seeing is displayed by the plugin. This is likely caused by a potential lack of server resources in a specific moment whenever such a task should be performed.

Furthermore, could you please be so kind and tell me shortly:

Why did you queue 50 posts and removed them again later on?

You assume correctly that you have a quota of 50 queued posts within the re-share feature that can be queued. Whenever this amount is processed by Blog2Social it will be renewed automatically. Please note that this amount is not depending on time and the amount that can be filled up inside the queue is corresponding to your Blog2Social license.

Please let me know if you have any other questions about Blog2Social.

Best regards

Alexander

Comment

Hi,

I make more tests:

1. I clone the whole site from https://www.datanumen.com/blogs/ to another domain http://www.sybase-recovery.com/, with UpdraftPlus Migrator Add-On. Both https://www.datanumen.com/blogs/ and http://www.sybase-recovery.com/ are hosted on the same server, with completely same configurations. Now on http://www.sybase-recovery.com/, I can add posts to queue without problems.

2. I try to deactive and delete Blog2Social from https://www.datanumen.com/blogs/ and then reinstall it. But still fail to queue posts.

I just wonder if you have a more detailed error log for the error "The connection to the server failed. Try again!" so that I can diagnose the in-depth problem. Since in the past, I can queue posts in https://www.datanumen.com/blogs/ as well, until some day, maybe I change something specially which makes thing wrong.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out and thanks for letting us know which tests results you have discovered.

Since you have mentioned that you have another WordPress installation on the same server without this issue it is likely that something external is causing a JavaScript issue that is interfering with the Blog2Social plugin.

This is likely causing a function not to execute so the plugin responds with “The connection to the server failed. Try again!” error notification that you are facing inside the Re-Share posts feature within the plugin.

Perhaps the origin of this issue may be caused by another WordPress Plugin that is causing the JavaScript issue but please note that is only an assumption. One possible solution could be to disable one plugin at a time and check the feature for functionality so you can try to detect the causing issue if it is related to an external plugin.

Please be so kind and let me know if you were able to detect the causing issue. I am looking forward to your reply.

Best regards

Alexander

Comment

Hi,

The problem is that I make a clone of the website so the cloned version has same set of the plugins and themes, identical to that of the original one. While the cloned version will work but the original does not.

I hope to see the detailed log to find some clues, instead of doing guess in the dark.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

As mentioned earlier something external is likely causing a JavaScript issue that is interfering with the Blog2Social plugin. This prevents an outgoing connection from being established. This could be a WordPress Plugin but it could also be caused by something else or other sittings inside your WordPress site. To be able to determine what is causing such an error on your WordPress installation “A” you should consider consulting someone who could help you detect the causing issue. We could name WP experts who can help you with this. Since something external is causing this, no log could be generated directly by the Blog2Social plugin to help you detect it. There is a deeper analysis needed to solve this and since you have discovered that the specific function is working on another WordPress website “B” you have the proof that there is no functionality bug or error that is caused by Blog2Social.

Thank you for your effort and understanding.

Please let me know if you have any other questions about Blog2Social.

Best regards

Alexander

Comment

Working...
                            X