Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto repost on social networks after modified the post date with cli

Hello,

I have a .csv file where I wrote the post ID and time to update the post "creation date".
    Twice a week, my script update the wordpress database and put on the frontpage the lasted article I defined on the csv.
    From outside, it looks like I write/update article twice a week : that's great.

Now, i'm wondering how to repost on social network after updating the post date using a command line with bash/sql, directly on the wordpress database ?
    I saw I could create an entry in b2s_posts_sched_details + b2s_posts, but is there a setting to do so ? = each day, watch if there is a fresh article posted on wordpress and reshare it ?
    Or maybe call a b2s php with with args : time to schedule, networks, post id... ?

Thanks
    Last edited by blog4ln; 09-04-2022, 07:47 AM.

Hello,

Thank you so much for reaching out and thanks for describing your request.
    Please be so kind as to try to share your imported/integrated content with the Auto-Poster for imported posts.

The following step-by-step guide will show you how to configure and work with the Auto-Poster for imported posts in Blog2Social:

How to auto post imported RSS feeds and blog posts on Social Media
    Sharing Imported Posts with the Auto-Poster- Things to check for Troubleshooting

Please note:

With the Blog2Social Auto-Poster for Imported Posts you can share imported posts, created with another plugin or from a RSS feed, automatically on the following social media networks:
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Google My Business
    • Telegram
    Regarding your question:
    But is there a setting to do so ?

No there is no setting for such use case. Blog2Social provides these Hooks and filters, so developer can create their own functions.

However, since these are custom developments this exceeds the scope of Support we can provide.
    If you are unsure how to perform such tasks you should reach out to/hire an external WordPress, so they can perform these tasks for you.

Thank you for your understanding.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any other questions or suggestions about Blog2Social.
    I will gladly support you further.

Best regards
    Alexander

Comment

Thank you for your answer !

If I use the wp_update_post function, will it trigger your auto post system ?
      Thanks !

Comment

Hello again,
        I'm testing wp_update_post and it doesn't trigger the blog2social Auto-Poster for Imported Posts, can you help to understand why ?
        Thanks !
        Last edited by blog4ln; 09-11-2022, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your reply and thanks for this feedback.

Yes, the “wp_update_post function” should trigger the Auto-Poster for imported posts in Blog2Social if you create a custom working function.

You can also find all available Hooks and Filters in Blog2Social at:
          Blog2Social Hooks: Filters & Actions

Blog2Social provides these Hooks and filters, so developer can create their own functions.

However, since these are custom developments this exceeds the scope of Support we can provide.
          If you are unsure how to perform such tasks you should reach out to/hire an external WordPress, so they can perform these tasks/developments for you.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any other questions or suggestions about Blog2Social.
          I will gladly support you further.

Best regards
          Alexander

Comment

Hello Alexander,

Thank you for sharing this information. Maybe i'm wrong, but I don't see a hook telling "auto post this post". Did I miss anything ?
            Actually, when I press "update" my post, what/how trigger "Auto-Poster" or "Auto-Poster for imported posts" ?
            Thank you

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your reply and this feedback.

No, you are correct. There is no Hook or Filter that can perform such a task.

You are required to develop/create a custom function for your WordPress that is performing the content import, the assignment to the specific user with Auto-Poster settings and the post publishing. In addition to that you can call/trigger the available Hooks & Filter to perform additional tasks steps automatically according to your individual development.

If you are unsure how to perform such tasks you should reach out to/hire an external WordPress, so they can perform these tasks/developments for you.

Best regards
              Alexander

Comment

Working...
              X