Duplicate Facebook posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duplicate Facebook posts

Hi, we are having an issue where scheduled Facebook posts are being created twice. Any idea why this might be?

Attached Files

Hello James,

Thank you so much for reaching out and thanks for describing your request.

Would you please be so kind as to answer a few short questions so I could look further into this for you?

When have you noticed this behavior the last time?
    Were these posts scheduled a longer time ago?

Blog2Social has adjusted its system recently to create an even better user experience. A new system is checking posts that are scheduled in order to help avoid multiple posts that were shared unintentionally.

To avoid this I would recommend removing and rescheduling your posts in Blog2Social if you are currently suffering from duplicated posts that were scheduled.
    If you create new posts and schedule these posts that never were shared on social media before this behavior should stop immediately.

If you still notice such behavior I would like to request screenshots of the following things:
    • Your scheduled posts overview in Blog2Social showing that individual post.
    • Your shared posts overview in Blog2Social showing that individual post.
    Please also be so kind as to attach your post links after sharing a post that was double posted unintentionally.

Please also note that in some cases Facebook is showing a post duplicated in the dynamically created link after the content sharing but if you check the Facebook page/group there should only be one post as shared.

Thank you for your understanding.
    I am looking forward to your reply.

Best regards
    Alexander

Comment

Hi Alexander,

We had duplicate posts as of May 18. These were scheduled after May 6.

Link to first post: https://www.facebook.com/wilsoncount...810172?__cft__[0]=AZUzblK1BKu-kQl-xInDmRdGYWSLCjMyxiIct1UwIP-uyf2-D6oGomNKWFEjHCNHMO0YpjCodPxImRStN8Rl53AV5nFFNwzfBc r2z1_KNiufjHdO7vb0mxHCGt5wRPPAXRtK6XMGpvyrrB4eGzpO GeYKHrqKXacRbVnbitI0s301gw&__tn__=%2CO%2CP-R

Link to Duplicate post: https://www.facebook.com/wilsoncount...825172?__cft__[0]=AZVaZ941bkD0E1A_RcASe1HRO_ehkjO33VT7TOx8NVAs2DLpF 2nLk4NWCRbKV_KhsujOU6TqthCUTuV3hHptPkBtFg5jZ48OSAj zJUZoQsI_wUnhw_2HXWKEvcVmg0RIQLyp8iH2X27XHw7Blt8x7 QtzQUA3uTMrbPg-Gh-WOyO2UA&__tn__=%2CO%2CP-R

Please let me know if you need any more info!

Screenshots attached:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	cotton_calendar.png
Views:	314
Size:	14.0 KB
ID:	2762Click image for larger version

Name:	cottons_journey.png
Views:	302
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	2763

Comment

Hello James,

Thank you so much for reaching out and thanks for describing your request.

Please be so kind as to update the Blog2Social plugin to the latest version available (6.7.2) and please retry the sharing process once again.
        It is always recommended to use the latest version available which should include the latest fixes and improvements.

Best regards
        Alexander

Comment

Hi Alexander,

Thanks for the recommendation. We'll get back to you on the duplicate post issue. Another issue, Instagram keeps disconnecting and once reconnected, we get an alert from Instagram asking if it's us posting from Germany. We noticed that all of our posts we made yesterday are missing from Instagram. So we would reconnect successfully and then make the posts. We then get the notice of an attempt made by someone in Germany using our Instagram account. We approved it. The IG posts still failed.

Comment

Hello James,

Thank you so much for your patience and understanding.

Blog2Social's IT experts have reviewed your case for you as well as other similar cases and have made adjustments to Blog2Social to prevent further unintended duplicate posts from being sent to social media networks.

The adjustment was made on the system on 05/26/2021.

Please check the process of sharing again and feel free to let me know afterward if the implemented solution worked for you.
            If there are posts already scheduled before the date, it would be helpful if you remove them from the schedule and reschedule them to be able to test the functionality.

Regarding your Instagram request:
            If you connect Instagram with Blog2Social for the first time, Instagram might report that a server from Germany in the Cologne area is trying to access your account.
            This is a normal security notification due to the fact that the Blog2Social server is located in this area. So this is a regular security notice to make sure the access is safe.

Please confirm the access with 'That was me', so that you can connect Instagram to Blog2Social. This is important to receive a new verification code and successfully connect to Instagram. This message will only appear for the initial connection or if you renew your connection.

The behavior that you have described seems that there is an issue related to your individual Instagram account and the current security measures by instagram for a personal Instagram account connection. Please make sure to check the activity within Instagram for open requests in order to be able to work with Blog2Social as intended.

You can also consider converting your Personal Instagram Profile into a Business Account in order to benefit from many additional features in Instagram. The only requirement is a Facebook Page to which you can connect your Instagram Business account.

The following guide will show you, how to convert your Personal Profile: >> How to convert your Personal Instagram Profile into a Business Account.

Connecting a Facebook page can be done from within Facebook or directly in Instagram. The following guide will show you how to easily connect your Instagram Business Account with your Facebook page step by step: >> How to connect your Instagram Business Account with your Facebook page.

After you have checked and configured these two requirements, you can now connect your Instagram business account with Blog2Social. You can find out how to do this in the guide: >> How can I connect Blog2Social to my Instagram Business Account?

Please let me know if you have any other questions or suggestions about Blog2Social.

Best regards
            Alexander Badulin

Comment

Hi Alexander,

Thanks for the update on the duplicate posts. The Instagram account is a business account, and we did approve the security access. That should mean it should be connected, correct? It disconnects afterwards and posting fails. Thanks for your help!

Comment

Hello James,

Thank you for your reply and thanks for this feedback.

Have you faced any error notifications while sharing content on Instagram?

Blog2Social has a specific section for notifications, if a post fails to be shared or encounters an issue you will see an entry in the notification list of Blog2Social.

You can find it by following this path:
                Your WordPress installation -> Blog2Social -> Site & Blog Content -> Notifications -> Details

Please be so kind as to provide us with screenshots showing the error notification of the posts in question if you would like us to look further into this for you.

Please also attach the Instagram username as well as your post URLs.

Best regards
                Alexander

Comment

Hi Alexander,

I've attached the screenshot of the error and the connection page. The Instagram account is wilsoncountynews.

Thanks for looking into it!

EDIT: We found the issue. The account was connected as a personal account in Blog2Social.
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	wilsoncountyinstagram.png Views:	0 Size:	22.7 KB ID:	2800Click image for larger version  Name:	wilsoncountyinstaerror.png Views:	0 Size:	36.2 KB ID:	2801
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by jamesdev; 06-01-2021, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Hello James,

Thank you for your reply and thanks for providing the requested details.

I have checked your screenshots and noticed that your Instagram business account is connected via the “personal” connection instead of the “business” connection in Blog2Social.

Please remove the connected Instagram Business account once again and connect it within the networks overview in Blog2Social by clicking on “+business” next to Instagram instead of clicking “+personal”.

I noticed that this Instagram connection was assigned to your WordPress user account by another user within your WordPress environment.
                    If you do not have the specific access credentials please be so kind as to request this from the user that assigned your Instagram connection.

Blog2Social implemented the support of Instagram Business accounts with version 6.7+.

The only requirement is a Facebook Page to which you can connect your Instagram Business account.
                    After the update, you should see the mentioned “+Business” button within the network overview if you have an older version installed on your WordPress environment.

Connecting a Facebook page can be done from within Facebook or directly on Instagram. The following guide will show you how to easily connect your Instagram Business Account with your Facebook page step by step:
                    How to connect your Instagram Business Account with your Facebook page.

After you have checked and configured these two requirements, you can now connect your Instagram business account with Blog2Social.

You can find out how to do this in the guide:
                    How can I connect Blog2Social to my Instagram Business Account?

Please let me know afterward if these solutions solved your request.

Best regards
                    Alexander

Comment

Working...
                    X