Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please explain: May I chang OG image mid-schedule?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please explain: May I chang OG image mid-schedule?

I want to adjust the shared OG image for a post mid-schedule, i.a. have various OG images for one post, in the schedule, at various days.

When is the OG image taken by B2S: At the moment of scheduling, or at the moment of posting?

Can I change the OG image after scheduling, before the queue is finshed. Or do I have to wait for the queue to finish, before changing the OG image in WordPress?

Thank you
    Andreas

Hello Andreas,

Thank you for reaching out and thanks for describing your request.
    Please note that Blog2Social stores your image and URL preview in the Open Graph parameters/tags in your website source code.

In case you want to change the Open Graph image. You should update the WordPress post as well as the scheduled post, because the information is stored in the website source code.

However please note that we only pass the post link to the network.
    The rest happens on the social media platforms itself and what is shown there as is a post preview is depending on the individual caching intervals that are defined by the networks itself.

I would not recommend changing the OG image for URL previews of the same post over and over again since you will face the difference in cached versions of the same URL shared on social media.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any other questions or suggestions about Blog2Social.
    I will gladly support you further.

Best regards
    Alexander

Comment

Working...
    X