Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linking another post than the one posted to social media?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linking another post than the one posted to social media?

Background
    I'm running a big website with long and complicated articles, and I want to use blog2social to encourage people to visit my site and read the information there, rather than reading it on the social media channel directly. Today I have an assistant creating social media posts, with more user-friendly, clickbaity and inviting language and length. My goal is to store these posts in WordPress as a custom post type and then have them link to the long and complicated source post for further reading. I have around 100 short posts already created, so now I want to auto-post them to my channels using blog2social.

Question
    Is there any way I can make blog2social use a link to my source post, rather than my social media post when posting for me? I was thinking maybe it's possible to use a custom field? If that is supported in the post templates? So my social media followers can go directly to the source post rather than the social media one. Ps. Excerpts are already used for other things on my page.

Example
    Source post: https://andyburu.se/2020/10/28/like-the-ocean/
    Social media post: https://andyburu.se/socialmedia/like-the-ocean-part-1/

Thank you very much.

PS: I'm happy to upgrade my account to PRO if this is possible.

Comment

Hello Andy,

Thank you so much for reaching out and thanks for describing your request.

Since you mentioned that, your “Excerpt” is already being used by other website settings, one possible solution could be to work with custom taxonomies coming from additional fields or with custom post types depending on your chosen solution.

If you are using custom taxonomies created from external WordPress plugins or your active WordPress theme, this functionality could be achieved with filter and action hooks from Blog2Social.

It is possible to use “b2s_filter_posting_template_show_taxonomies” and “b2s_filter_posting_template_set_taxonomies” in order to customize the network post templates in Blog2Social with your own taxonomies by using self coded functions.

The following guide will show you in detail which filter hooks are now available:
      Blog2Social Hooks: Filters & Actions

This functionality is available with the Business license of Blog2Social, therefore an upgrade of your current license would be required.

Please note that this is a technical use case and it is required to have technical WordPress knowledge in order to be able to create self coded functions. It could be helpful to hire an external WordPress expert which could help you create such a custom development for you if you are unsure how to proceed.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any other questions or suggestions about Blog2Social.
      I will gladly support you further.

Best regards
      Alexander

Comment

Working...
      X