Featured Image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Featured Image

Having a problem with the featured image in a blog post. I have done a blog post and added a featured image and when it posts to Twitter it works fine see first screenshot. When it posts to FB a totally different image shows up see 2nd screenshot. The only way to make the image change is to not use autoposting and do it manually and change the image in the share review area. see 3rd screen shot. The correct featured image shows up in FB briefly then reverts to some default image as seen the the screenshot. How to I fix this?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot-twitter.png
Views:	50
Size:	257.5 KB
ID:	5084

Name:	Screenshot-fb.png
Views:	59
Size:	143.8 KB
ID:	5085

Name:	Screenshot-share-to-social.png
Views:	70
Size:	148.7 KB
ID:	5083

Hello,

Thank you so much for reaching out and thanks for describing your request.

Both of your published posts show different post format.

On your screenshot:

Twitter: Image Post
    Facebook: Link Post

The following step-by-step guide will show you how to configure and work with both different post formats:
    Social Media Post Formats - The differences between Image Post and Link Post
    How do I select the post-type of my Facebook posts?

The Link-Post format receives its information from your set Open Graph parameters from within your website source code. (Preview image, title and description) Therefore, you will see different values that you publish on social media while working with different post formats.

Regarding your posting observation:
    Please note that Facebook, as well as other social media platforms, cache post previews (post image, title, and the description) from a shared URL.

If you repeatedly share the same link on social media networks, you may be presented with an outdated rendering. (old cache)
    This behavior is not due to Blog2Social and is only controlled by the respective social media network and their internal caching rules.

You should also check your network post templates if configured in order to adjust the pre selected post format for each social media network you are working with.

The following step-by-step guide will show you how to configure and work with network post templates in Blog2Social:
    How to use post templates for social media posts?

You can check the cached link, using the Facebook Sharing Debugger, to see which preview was cached on Facebook.

Here's how to use the Sharing Debugger to see how your posts are displayed on Social Media
    Section: Facebook Sharing Debugger

To ensure that you publish a post with the desired/selected link post image, title and description, you should try sharing a post/link on Facebook that has never been published on social media networks before.

Please retest this case afterward and let me know if these solutions solved your request or if you require further assistance regarding this matter.
    I am looking forward to your reply.

Best regards
    Alexander

Comment

Working...
    X