Adding Category Filter to Network for Auto Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding Category Filter to Network for Auto Post

I am trying to find an alternative to NextScripts SNAP which we have been using for many years and are now unhappy with. Came across Blog2Social and it appears to address our needs but after installing can not find one of the most important features for us. In a nut shell... we need filter posts which are auto posted to our social channels. ie. all wp posts automatically shared on Twitter, only "Featured" posts shared on FB and "Business" posts shared on LinkedIn.

Although the B2S website says it is possible to filter by post category, I have spent a considerable amount of time searching for such a feature in the plugin settings. Is this actually possible?

Thanks in advance for the prompt reply!

Hello,

Thank you so much for reaching out and thanks for describing your request.
    Currently, you can configure the Auto-Poster for imported posts to publish content under specified filters regarding categories.

The categories based Auto-Poster filtering for the regular Auto-Poster is a feature that was requested by other Blog2Social users and is currently in development. We will gladly contact you as soon as possible if and when the requested feature could eb implemented into Blog2Social.

By using multiple WordPress authors that are activated with your license key, you could configure the Auto-Poster individually for each of these users.

If you configure your WordPress posts to be published by these users, you would be able to share more specified/filtered content in a workaround solution.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any other questions or suggestions about Blog2Social.
    I will gladly support you further.

Best regards
    Alexander

Comment

Hello, I'm not sure if I am in the right place — I have set my preferences in RE-SHARE posts to exclude a category marked ARCHIVE, yet when I set up the queue, the archived category appears on my list. Please advise. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Linda View Post
        Hello, I'm not sure if I am in the right place — I have set my preferences in RE-SHARE posts to exclude a category marked ARCHIVE, yet when I set up the queue, the archived category appears on my list. Please advise. Thanks.
        Hello Linda,

Thank you so much for reaching out and thanks for describing your request.

In general, you should make sure to select the “Categories” filter and then click on the “Exclude (Do no post ...)” option.
        This will allow you to filter / exclude the desired categories of posts that are assigned to your WordPress user account.

Please have a look at the following screenshot as a reference:

You can also delete content from your sharing queue if you don’t feel like sharing it any longer or if the content was accidentally added to your queue.

To do this, click on the small checkbox to select a post. Then click on “delete selected posts” at the top. To delete all your queued posts, click on “select all” and then click on “delete selected posts”.

The following step-by-step guide will show you how to configure and work with the Re-Share posts feature in Blog2Social:
        Re-share posts automatically

Please be so kind as to retest this process once again by following the mentioned steps.

Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions or suggestions about Blog2Social.
        I will gladly support you further.

Best regards
        Alexander

Comment

Yes, I had marked the category as indicated to exclude "archives" but "archives" still shows up in my queue. Yes, I can delete items from the queue, but that is more work.

Comment

Yes, I had marked the category as indicated to exclude "archives" but "archives" still shows up in my queue. Yes, I can delete items from the queue, but that is more work.
            Hello Linda,

Thank you so much for your reply and thanks for this feedback.

The behavior that you described seems to be unusual, and it would be required to have access to your WordPress environment in order to look further into this case for you.
            It would be awesome if you could send us a temporary guest account with admin rights for your WordPress website, if you would like us to check this case further.

We will, of course, treat your information as confidential. Rest assured, we will use this data for tests only.
            You can delete the account as soon as our tests are complete.

Please be so kind as to include the login URL, login name and password of the WordPress environment.
            Make sure to provide us with the credentials via a private message in the Blog2Social support community in order to protect your privacy.

Thank you for your understanding and your effort.
            I am looking forward to your reply.

Best regards
            Alexander

Comment

Thanks Alexander. Where is the link to sed a private message?

Comment

Thanks Alexander. Where is the link to sed a private message?
                Hello Linda,

Thank you for your reply and your feedback.

You can send us a private message at any time by clicking on the little speech bubble that is next to the green username (Blog2Social Support) on the left-hand side.
                Or you can also click on the username (Blog2Social Support) and then on the following page you can click on “private message” on the top of the page.

You can freely choose which option is more convenient for you.
                Thank you for your effort and understanding.

I am looking forward to your reply via a private message.

Best regards
                Alexander

Comment

Working...
                X