Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does autopost with timing work when publishing NOW?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does autopost with timing work when publishing NOW?

Hi all,

one of our editors writes his blog post e.g. in Word and then creates a draft post, copy&pastes everything and publishes immediately.
    Since I configured the autoposter to use the best times per network to post, I would expect it schedules the postings accordingly.
    But it doesn't.

It publishes to all networks immediately.

I now scheduled one of my own articles to be published tomorrow and this time I can see that autoposter plans to use the right times.

I would expect that it always does - independently whether I scheduled a publish or immediately do it.

Is my expectation wrong?
    What can I do to debug / fix this?

Thanks
    Markus

Hello Markus,

Thank you so much for reaching out and thanks for describing your request.

Would you please be so kind as to answer a few short questions so I could look further into this for you?

Have you set up the Auto-Poster and connected each of the social media connections for every WordPress user that should have access to these features?
    Or have you assigned the configured Auto-Poster settings to other WordPress users that are activated with the same license?

If you have connected them individually, every user has to configure his own best times in the network overview matching your settings.

The following settings and configurations are automatically applied when another user is assigned for the Auto-Poster configuration:
    • The selected network group by the administrator (the network group name for the assigned users is displayed with the label "External" in the network group selection for the auto-poster.)
    • The configured "Best Times" time settings if applied by the administrator
    • The post templates for the networks in the assigned network group
    In general, you should be able to assign the best times settings configured by the administrator to other WordPress users which are also activated with the same Business license of Blog2Social.

Please be so kind as to retest this case accordingly and if you still face any unintended behavior it would be awesome if you could provide us with a screenshot from your author view of the networks area in Blog2Social as well as the configured Auto-Poster settings so we could look further into this for you.

Thank you for your understanding.
    I am looking forward to your reply.

Best regards
    Alexander

Comment

Hi Alexander,

I have created an autoposter which includes best times and assigned this to different users.
      So, no individual assignment on network level.

What can I expect from the autoposter in the following case?
      1. I copy an existing and published post (which results in a new post in draft mode)
      2. I edit the draft post, complete it (autoposter is checked) and publish it immediately
      I would expect that the autoposter automatically uses the best times to schedule the posts.
      This it what it does when I schedule a post to be published at a certain date/time.

But what I can see from one of our authors (I have not been able to see his workflow by screenshare yet) it that all social media posts get fired in the moment of publication.
      He swears he uses autoposter and did not manually fire them. Also, I haven't shown him how to do that yet.

So, what can I expect from the autoposter in case I immediately publish a post without any intermediate step?

Thanks
      Markus

Comment

Hi all,

we have now checked it with another author who PLANNED his article and checked "zu den besten Zeiten" (best times).
        It was just ignored.
        The autoposter posted at time of publish.
        Also - at least for linkedin - it reported that the post was not accessible for the network at time of posting "Dein Blogbeitrag war zum Zeitpunkt der Veröffentlichung für das Netzwerk nicht verfügbar."... which makes no sense, because for all other 3 it worked.

What can be done to fix this?

Thanks
        Markus

Comment

... also it ignored the template settings 🙄

Comment

Hello Markus,

Thank you so much for your reply and thanks for this feedback.

This seems to be unusual behavior in Blog2Social. Please note that not general issue is known to be occurring for other Blog2Social users. It is likely that this behavior is caused by individual environment related settings.

If you would like to get your WordPress environment checked by the Blog2Social IT experts, it would be awesome if you could send me a temporary guest account with admin rights for your WordPress website.

We will, of course, treat your information as confidential. Rest assured, we will use this data for tests only.

You can delete the account as soon as our tests are complete.

Please be so kind as to include the login URL, login name, and password if you create a new account for our tests. Make sure to send us this information via a private message in the community in order to protect your privacy.

Thank you for your understanding and your effort.

Best regards
            Alexander

Comment

Via Messages/Send new message to Blog2Social Support?

Comment

Hello Axel,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, you can use the message/send new message function to send me a private message in the community.

If you prefer to communicate via email, you can also send us an email to “customer-service@blog2social.com”. Please add the text “Blog2Social support community” or similar to the subject, so we could identify your email easily.

I appreciate your effort and understanding.

Best regards
                Alexander

Comment

Hi Alexander,
                  you have e-mail from me.
                  You might also want to have a look into this, as it is the same system:
                  Hi, some weeks back I had a Twitter test account linked to Blog2Social. It is not connected anymore. I created an autoposter and shared this with other editors. When they publish, it uses the right (proper) Twitter account and this is also shown in the calendar view. Now, I scheduled a post for tomorrow and autoposter plans

Best
                  Markus

Comment

Hello Markus,

Thank you for your reply and thanks for this feedback.
                    We have checked both of your cases and send you a reply via email in order to protect your privacy.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards
                    Alexander

Comment

Working...
                    X