Auto-Post Not Working with Plugin Generated Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto-Post Not Working with Plugin Generated Post

So I am using Gravity Forms and a plugin called Advanced Post Creation (https://docs.gravityforms.com/catego...eation-add-on/)

when I fill out a form on my site, a post is created. These automated post do NOT get the auto poster enabled on them.

If I open the post after it was created by my plugin, I notice the autoposter is disabled.

Is there a shortcode i can call to set the autoposter to enable, when my plugin creates the post? It seems for new posts..the auto-posting is turned on when a user creates a new post in the WP UI.
    Last edited by office@nategalimorefishing.com; 06-13-2021, 02:52 PM.

Hello,

Thank you so much for reaching out and thanks for your interest in Blog2Social.

It is likely that the described behavior is occurring due to an incompatibility caused by the Gravity Forms plugin and the Auto-Posting functionality.
    Please be so kind as to try to work with the Auto-Poster for imported posts and let me know if this solution works for you.

Since these posts are created by an external WordPress plugin it is possible that the plugin is implementing these posts in another workflow as the regular WordPress routine works.

There is no shortcode that can be implemented for this.
    Please make sure that the posts that are created and assigned to the correct Blog2Social user with enabled Auto-Poster for imported posts settings.

The following step-by-step guide will show you how to configure and work with the Auto-Poster for imported posts:
    How to auto post imported RSS feeds and blog posts on Social Media

Please check the recommended guide and let me know afterward if this solution solved your request.

Thank you for your understanding.
    I am looking forward to your reply.

Best regards
    Alexander

Comment

I had already done everything you mentioned.

Please don't blame Gravity Forms...it has all the settings required. The post is created using the same Author as the account the B2S plugin is configured for. The imported post is also configured. Gravity Forms is one of the most widely used plugins for word press out there.

Speaking of Gravity Forms when I have raised an issue they provide much better support.

My response may be a bit hard, but that is because I feel like I am not getting what I paid for. Where is my phone support?

Simply put your plugin heavily relies on someone actually logging in and manually creating a post, you leverage the UI to trigger automation. This is not made clear to new users.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

Have you tried to enable the Auto-Poster for imported posts to automatically share the posts that are created with Gravity Forms and are assigned to the corresponding WordPress user with an activated Blog2Social license and an enabled Auto-Poster for imported posts settings?

Please note that the Blog2Social license model is user-based, every user can connect his own social media connections and configure his own settings in the different features and functions of Blog2Social.

If you are working with multiple WordPress users you should make sure to configure the same settings for multiple users and connect the same networks in user accounts that should have access to the same features and social media account connections.

Best regards
        Alexander

Comment

I already did this

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your reply and thanks for this feedback.

In order to support you as good as possible, I would like to offer you a video screen sharing session so I could have a look at your website environment and the Gravity Forms plugin which is showing the mentioned behavior in relation to the Auto-Post features of Blog2Social.

Maybe we could identify some missing settings or document-occurring issues so the IT experts of Blog2Social could look further into this case.
            Is this something you would be interested in?

Please send me your reply via a private message in the community or send your reply with a proposed time and date via email to “customer-service@blog2social.com” to protect your privacy.

We could have a video screen session between 09:00 and 16:00 UTC/GMT +2 hours (German time) from Monday to Friday in the regular business hours.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards
            Alexander

Comment

Working...
            X