Scheduled Auto-posts disappearing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scheduled Auto-posts disappearing

I have posts scheduled to post for several weeks in advance and the auto-post has them listed on my calendar. But, over the last three days, when the post gets published, the schedule disappears from the calendar. Any clues as to what is causing that?

Hello,

Thank you so much for reaching out and thanks for describing your request.

You can always access all shared posts in the “Shared posts” tab within the Blog2Social plugin.

Please follow this path:
    Your WordPress installation -> Blog2Social -> Site & Blog Content -> Shared posts tab -> Details

Please let me know if you have any other questions about Blog2Social.
    If you like Blog2Social and our support, we would be very happy about a 5-star rating on WordPress.org.

Link: https://wordpress.org/support/plugin...iews/?filter=5

Thank you very much and best regards

Alexander

Comment

Thanks for your response. But, as far as I can tell, it did not answer my problem. I can still find the posts OK. What is disappearing is the Auto-schedule from the calendar. It did it again this morning. It was scheduled to go out to 8 networks over the course of the day. But when I checked on it today, the schedule had disappeared from the calendar and nothing had been shared. I manualy shared it all, but it kind of defeats the purpose of having Auto-posting if it only works some of the time.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you so much for your reply and this feedback.

I have tested your case on a clean test environment and so far I could not reproduce the described issue within Blog2Social.

Please be so kind as to describe shortly how you proceed to share your content with the mentioned “Auto-schedule”. Please also attach screenshots showing that individual date in the calendar with the scheduled posts and when they disappear.

Blog2Social has a specific section for notifications, if a post fails to be shared or encounters an issue you will see an entry in the notification list of Blog2Social.

You can find it by following this path:
        Your WordPress installation -> Blog2Social -> Site & Blog Content -> Notifications -> Details

Please be so kind as to provide us with screenshots showing the error notification.

If you schedule a post it should be listed in the scheduled posts tab within Blog2Social:
        Your WordPress installation -> Blog2Social -> Site & Blog Content -> Scheduled Posts

Please be so kind as to locate a post that you scheduled, expand the entry and screenshot it.

Afterward, when your post should be shared you should see the entry in the “Shared Posts” tab or when it fails to be shared it should be listed in the “Notifications” tab. Please check it for possible entries.

Thank you for your understanding.

I am looking forward to your reply.

Best regards

Alexander

Comment

OK. It does not happen every day, so it may take a while. When it happens again I will send you the screen shots.

Comment

The attached pdf files show the images you requested. The first one shows two calendar views. The second image in that file is an expansion of what was scheduled to run this morning.

The second file shows what my calendar looked like this morning. Note that I had done nothing in Blog2Social in the times between these to shots. There are two posts being shared. One that goes to 8 networks and is initially triggered by a scheduled publish in WordPress. The second is a repost scheduled completely within Blog2Social. That second post happens as scheduled. But the first one fails about 1/3 ot the time. Sometime during the night it just goes away. A suspect it may happen when the post is published by WordPress, but I don't know for sure. I do not believe that the second scheduled post is the problem since this was happening before I started to do that.

The second image on the second file is an expansion of the scheduled post for tomorrow. Apart from the post itself, it is identical to the one that disappeared.
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your reply and thanks for providing a screenshot of your social media calendar.

Please be so kind as to provide us additionally with the requested error notifications since you have mentioned that 1/3 of your posts are missing in social media.

Blog2Social has a specific section for notifications, if a post fails to be shared or encounters an issue you will see an entry in the notification list of Blog2Social.

Your WordPress installation -> Blog2Social -> Site & Blog Content -> Notifications -> Details
              Please be so kind as to provide us with screenshots showing the error notifications.

Best regards

Alexander

Comment

There are no error message generated as far as I can tell. The scheduled event just disappears. I have attached a view of the Notification window. But there was nothing in it from any of the times this has occurred.
                Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Thank you so much for your reply and thanks for providing the requested screenshots.

Would you please be so kind as to answer a few short questions so I could look further into this for you?

Did you schedule posts manually with Blog2Social before?
                  Were these posts published on social media as selected?
                  Do you work with multiple users/authors on your WordPress installation?

If yes, please make sure to activate every user with your purchased Blog2Social license in order to grant these users access to premium features of Blog2Social.

Please be so kind as to check your network group/profile and make sure to select the correct network group/profile so all selected networks in that network group/profile can receive the created and scheduled post.

Furthermore, it would be very helpful if you could create a new post that was never shared on social media before. Please schedule it to a later date and select the network group/profile as before. Please provide us with the link to your WordPress post afterward and attach a screenshot of the detailed view of that scheduled post in the following areas of Blog2Social:
                  • Scheduled posts tab (Site & blog content)
                  • Notifications tab (Site & blog content)
                  • Social media calendar entry for the newly created and scheduled post
                  • Social media calendar entry for the newly created and scheduled post after sharing with a missing entry
                  Please be so kind as to provide us with the requested data so we could look further into this for you.

Best regards

Alexander

Comment

The posts whose schedule is disappearing had never been shared before. The were being published for the first time just before they were scheduled to go out to social media. When I scheduled the post in the WordPress editor, Blog2Social autoscheduled the post and added it to the calendar. I have already sent you all of the screen shots you requested that show that. I am the only user. The network group does not change between posts. Each new post gets the same network group.

Comment

Originally posted by ed.jarrett View Post
                      The posts whose schedule is disappearing had never been shared before. The were being published for the first time just before they were scheduled to go out to social media. When I scheduled the post in the WordPress editor, Blog2Social autoscheduled the post and added it to the calendar. I have already sent you all of the screen shots you requested that show that. I am the only user. The network group does not change between posts. Each new post gets the same network group.
                      Hello,

Thank you for your reply and thanks for these additional details.

Please note that the individual behavior that you are currently facing is unusual and so far I was not able to reproduce it in a clean test environment.
                      Please be so kind as to follow these steps so I could look further into this for you:
                      1. Create a new WordPress post that you have never tried to share on social media before.
                      2. Open Blog2Social and switch to the “Site & Blog Content” Menu.
                      3. Select the newly created post and click on “Share on social media”.
                      4. Select all social media networks from the list on the right-hand side and create a full-page screenshot showing the overview along with the selected networks.
                      5. Share the post by clicking on “Share”.
                      6. Attach the URL of the newly created WordPress post so I could check it for you.
                      7. Check the “Shared posts” tab and let me know if you could share the post without scheduling it.
                      8. Was it shared on all selected social media networks as expected? If not, please check the “notifications” tab within Blog2Social and screenshot any visible error notification related to that newly created and shared post.
                      9. If you can confirm that, you can try to schedule a post on the same process as described for a scheduled post.
                      Please attach all request screenshots and links, otherwise, I am unable to check this case for you.
                      If you prefer a video screen recording you can send me one if you want us to have a look at this case for you.

Best regards
                      Alexander

Comment

I can do what you described without any issue. The problem occurs when
                        • I create that new, never shared post
                        • The post is scheduled in WordPress to be published at some time in the future
                        • And Bog2Social Autoschedule automatically sets up the social media share.
                        That shows up on the calendar just fine. Everything looks good. But once or twice a week, when the post is actually published by WordPress, the entry from the calendar goes away. It is no longer listed in the Scheduled Posts list. And it is not in the Shared Posts list. Nor does anything show up in the Notifications about it. It's as if it never was.

If I manually schedule a post, I have never had a problem. If I manually share the post whose schedule was deleted, it works just fine, although all networks are shared at the same time rather than throughout the day.

I am sharing to
                        • my Facebook profile
                        • a Facebook page
                        • my Twitter profile
                        • Instagram business
                        • Pinterest profile
                        • LinkedIn profile
                        • Tumblr blog
                        • Reddit profile
                        Reddit fires first. Maybe that triggers the deletion. I may try not scheduling it for a while and see what happens.

Today's schedule was the latest casualty so I will have to manually fire off that share to social media.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your reply and thanks for this feedback.
                          Yes, please proceed with your test and let me know afterward if this individual issue is still occurring.

Please retry this also with an individual selection of networks which would defer from your initial selection. On the right-hand side of your post customization overview in Blog2Social you can also save such a selection for future posts.

Please attach the requested screenshots or a video screen recording showing your work process as well as the requested links afterward if you want us to check this for you.

Thank you for your effort and thanks for your understanding.

Best regards

Alexander

Comment

Removing Reddit did not fix the problem. This mornings auto-scheduled post was dropped from the calendar without posting to social media.

It is really unclear to me what more you want from me. I can send you the same screen shots over and over, but apart from the specific day, they will not change. And I have demonstrated that it happens with two different network configurations. It would be helpful if you kept a log of scheduling/posting activity within Bolg2Social that would give a record of what is happening. But from here all I can see is that I go to bed with a post auto-scheduled and when I get up it is no longer scheduled. At least once a week, and often twice.

Manually scheduling seems to work OK. Auto-scheduling seems not to be ready for prime time.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

Please note that since this individual behavior is only occurring on your WordPress installation it is possible that third-party WordPress plugins installed in your WordPress installation are limiting the Blog2Social plugin so it is unable to work as intended.

In some cases, this behavior is a result of external WordPress optimization/security plugin settings by limiting the Blog2Social plugin requests that are performed in the WordPress environment. Please make sure that no external third-party plugin is blocking or limiting automatic functionality as well as external requests that are trying to access your website.

Would you please be so kind as to provide us with the generated troubleshooting-tool .txt file so I could look further into this for you?

You will find the Troubleshooting-Tool by following this path:
                              Your WordPress installation -> Blog2Social -> Help & Support -> Troubleshooting-Tool

It would be awesome if you also could include a screenshot showing the error notification overview if you are facing any conflict notifications.

Please be so kind as to provide us with the requested file and attach a WordPress post from your website that could not be shared on social media automatically. Please also attach the usernames or links of your social media accounts if you want us to look further into this for you.

You can send me these files and details via a private message in the community or via an email to “customer-service@blog2social.com” in order to protect your privacy.

Best regards

Alexander

Comment

Working...
                              X