Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post to LinkedIn worked but the image was sized incorrectly

Hello,
    I shared a post yesterday to twitter, instagram and LinkedIn. The post to twitter looked great. However, the image on my post to LinkedIn was completely distorted and the wrong size.

I am using the newest version of hosted wordpress and a brand new version of blog2social. In speaking to others, they suggested that this was a compatability problem with Yoast SEO but Yoast does not have a section on social for LinkedIn.

Any help is apreciated.

Thanks,

Eric
    Attached Files

Lots of looks but no replies.

Is this common or maybe not? Do you need more details? screenshots?

I would appreciate some feedback.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Hello Eric,

Thank you so much for reaching out and thanks for describing the issue you are facing.

If you have trouble posting your posts with images on LinkedIn, it might be related to missing or conflicting Open Graph tags in the metadata on your website. You mention you are using another plugin like Yoast to set metadata.

In general, you should always only use one value for meta tags active in your source code, otherwise social media networks cannot display your images correctly or do not display them at all. However, it is recommended to only use one plugin that sets these meta tag values. The Blog2Social meta tag settings make sure you can customize each of your social media posts individually, for example, to select your preferred image, edit the title or comment of your link preview. To make sure your posts are displayed correctly, LinkedIn is always checking the URL for Open Graph tags.

You can find more information about Open Graph tags here: What are open graph tags and what do I use them for?

When I post to Linkedin/Facebook, no image or the wrong image appears in my post. Why?

Furthermore, it is always recommended to check your selected images. To prevent your images from not appearing at all you should make sure to consider each network's individual requirements for image sizes. Images that are too large or too small are likely to not get posted.

Besides that, you can also check how your LinkedIn post will be fetched and look like with the LinkedIn Post Inspector. You can find it easily by following this path:

Your WordPress installation -> Blog2Social -> Help & Support -> Sharing-Debugger -> LinkedIn Post Inspector

Please let me know if you have any other questions about Blog2Social.

Best regards

Alexander

Comment

Working...
      X