Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line break in content

Hello,

when sharing a post containing line breaks, the line breaks are not shown in the preview window and are not part of the post on the target platform Is it sowmhow possisble to keep the linebreaks which are part of the original wordpress post?

Thank you

Hello,

Thank you so much for reaching out and thanks for your interest in Blog2Social.

Would you please be so kind as to answer a few short questions so I could look further into this for you?

On which social media networks do you want to share your content to?
    Please note that not all social media networks support an HTML code structure for line breaks, bold texts and so on.

You can use these HTML content modifications on the following social media networks:
    • Tumblr
    • Medium (profile)
    • Medium (group)
    • Torial

The following step-by-step guide will show you how to edit a blog post in the HTML editor:
    How can I edit my blog post in the HTML editor for re-publishing on Medium, Tumblr and Torial?

For all other networks within Blog2Social, you can configure and adjust static words and characters in the specific social media network post templates individually.

The following instructions will guide you through the process of configuring and using social media network post templates step-by-step:
    How to use post templates for social media posts?

Please let me know if you have any other questions about Blog2Social.

If you like Blog2Social and our support, we would be very happy about a 5-star rating on WordPress.org.
    Link: https://wordpress.org/support/plugin...iews/?filter=5

Thank you very much and best regards

Alexander

Comment

Hello Alexander,

thank you for your reply.
      We can take facebook as an example.
      We created an example post. Please see attachment Post.jpg. The post contains a linebreak. When checking the HTML code, it looks like

<p>Hallo Freunde,<br><br>Dies ist ein TESTBEITRAG. <strong>Vielen Dank</strong> für Eure Aufmerksamkeit!</p>

The blog2social plugin is creating the preview like shown in attachment Created by plugin.jpg. The post at facebook will not contain any line break when sending that.
      We adjusted the preview manually like shown in the attachment Manually adjusted.jpg. The post at facebook does contain a line break when sending that.

May the problem be, that we are using the gutenberg editor in wordpress and blog2social needs a different HTML like created by the editor?

Thank you for your help
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

I have tested this case on a clean WordPress and so far I was not able to reproduce the issue that you are facing.

In my test, all regular entered breaks in a WordPress post were correctly applied in the preview mask and were also shared on a Facebook page without using the HTML code changes.

With the Gutenberg editor plugin enabled and disabled breaks were also correctly applied.

I also tested sharing a post containing a break, with the “create a social media post” function within Blog2Social. It was also correctly applied in the Facebook post.

Please be so kind as to make sure to avoid using HTML code markups for text formatting in social media networks that have plain text formats as a general option available.

Please let me know if you have any other questions about Blog2Social.

Best regards

Alexander

Comment

Working...
        X