Same images on FB and twitter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Same images on FB and twitter

I have your plugin set up with my wordpress.
    i have shared a few posts today. But i noticed on FB and twitter all the 3 posts that i shared have the same picture.
    I have 5 other social media profiles linked - and the featured image from post is showing correct on those (which were shared at the same time as fb and twitter).
    could it be to do with the fact that when the post was made, it was duplicated from another post and then featured image was updated before posting? However the featured images were updated 2 days ago before sharing.
    Kindly let me know

Hello,

Thank you so much for reaching out and thanks for describing your request.

Would you please be so kind as to provide us with the original WordPress post URL you shared on social media?
    Please also attach the social media post you shared on Facebook that are showing the wrong link preview in your posts.

Please note that the URL preview of a post is displayed via the set Open Graph settings in your WordPress environment. This preview is then cached by each social media network individually.

When changing featured images or open graph data it is possible that the network still has an older preview in its cache. Until the network renews this cache the old preview image is displayed.

This process is different in its timeframe of each network individually.

You can use the Blog2Social Sharing Debugger in order to see how Social Media Networks will display your posts in social media.

The following step-by-step guide will show you how to use the Sharing Debugger in Blog2Social:
    How to use the Sharing Debugger to see how your posts are displayed on Social Media

Please check your posts there beforehand.

I am looking forward to your reply.

Best regards
    Alexander

Comment

Hi, thank you for getting back.

Is it okay to email you with these details - i dont like sharing any details on public forums.

Also, I have a few ideas for your scheduled post.

Kindly let me know.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your reply and this feedback.

Sure you can send us a private message in the community to protect your privacy, or you can also send your feedback/reply to our email address (customer-service@blog2social.com) if you prefer this communication channel.

I am looking forward to your reply.

Best regards
        Alexander

Comment

thank you so much.
          I have emailed.

Comment

Hi, just wondering if you managed to check my email that I had sent to: customer-service@blog2social.com

Also, is there an option I can set on blog2social so that any posts which have been already made on my site, blog2social will look for ones which have not yet been shared and share those every day (by setting how many daily posts and duration that we choose)? And then the campaign will be up to date once it sees that there are no current posts to send (which have not been already shared)?

Comment

Originally posted by shahican View Post
              Hi, just wondering if you managed to check my email that I had sent to: customer-service@blog2social.com

Also, is there an option I can set on blog2social so that any posts which have been already made on my site, blog2social will look for ones which have not yet been shared and share those every day (by setting how many daily posts and duration that we choose)? And then the campaign will be up to date once it sees that there are no current posts to send (which have not been already shared)?

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.
              Yes, we received your request via email.

The behavior you described there seems to be related to your internal caching.

This can be caused by active optimization plugins or server sided settings. When the featured image is set by you via duplicating and then overwritten by another image it should be automatically change in Blgo2Social as Blog2Social does not cache or store cached previews of any link.

I checked your URL and noticed that you are using Yoast SEO plugin to implement your Open Graph settings. You can also try to disable these settings in Yoast SEO and use the Social Meta Data settings in Blog2Social instead in order to check if this helps to resolve the occurring behavior.

However, if this issue still occurs I would suggest disabling your caching configuration and recheck the case once again also.

But please note an already published post that was shared on social media is also cache by each social media network individually and it is up to the network itself to renew/flush its cache to show the correct link preview.

You could try to keep a default post that is not published on social media as well as use it as a WordPress post template from which you duplicate your WordPress posts in order to avoid the caching of social media networks for this individual post as a little workaround suggestion.

Furthermore:
              In Blog2Social, you can use the “Auto-Poster” feature to automatically publish new or updated posts/pages that should be published automatically on social media. Or you can prefill the queue of the Re-share posts automatically feature in Blog2Social to fill a list with posts that then will be published. One post per day will be published as this list is published until this list is finished. Afterward you can refill this list with new posts that should be published.

This feature also has extended filter options to prefill the list with posts that were never published on social media beforehand.
              Please fell free to let me know if you have any other questions or suggestions about Blgo2Social.

Best regards
              Alexander

Comment

Hi, thats brilliant.

I think the re-share option is what i was looking for. Your plugin is amazing! Really appreciated 100%

I am testing the business License, and hope to purchase this license when everything is set up.

So if i only wanted to share posts on re-share that havent been shared previously, then i would set:

> only posts that have been shared no more than: (0).

That would then share the posts have havnt been shared right?

Or would i set this to value: 1? Confused about that.

However, I noticed at the moment it will only share to 5 networks out of 8 that i am connected to (if i do this manually)

Kindly let me know

Last edited by shahican; 03-28-2023, 12:07 AM.

Comment

Hello,

Please be so kind as to check the following guide for step-by-step instructions in order to check all details of the Re-Share posts feature in Blog2Social:
                  Re-share posts automatically

You can automatically re-share your posts on the following networks:
                  • Twitter (1 profile)
                  • Facebook (profiles & pages)
                  • Instagram
                  • Pinterest
                  • Flickr
                  • LinkedIn
                  • XING (profiles & pages)
                  • VKontakte (profiles & pages)
                  • Diigo
                  • Reddit

In step two (Step 2- Define which posts should be shared) you will find more information to see how you can prefill your work queue.
                  Values can be selected between 1-”X”.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any other questions or suggestions about Blog2SOcial.
                  I will gladly support you further.

Best regards
                  Alexander

Comment

Hi Alexander, thanks for getting back.

Was wondering how i can do a monthly payment for the business plan - it only gives me the annual option.

Also, something ive wanted to know is that, does posting these to blogs help generate backlinks?

Kindly let me know.

Warmest regards

Comment

Hi Alexander, thanks for getting back.

Was wondering how i can do a monthly payment for the business plan - it only gives me the annual option.

Also, something ive wanted to know is that, does posting these to blogs help generate backlinks?

Kindly let me know.

Warmest regards

Hello,

By sharing Link-Posts on social media networks with Blog2Social, you can improve your search engine rankings over time with valid backlinks for your WordPress website.

Regarding your subscription payment request:
                      Would you please be so kind as to contact our sales team via email in order to provide you with an individual quote upon your request?

You can contact the Blog2Social sales team at:
                      customer-service@blog2social.com

Thank you for your effort.
                      I am looking forward to your reply by email.

Best regards
                      Alexander

Comment

Sure, ive just emailed.
                        thank you again

Comment

Sure, ive just emailed.
                          thank you again
                          Hello,

Thank you so much for your reply and this feedback.
                          I am happy to hear that I could support you with your request.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any other questions or suggestions about Blog2Social.
                          I will gladly support you further.

If you like Blog2Social and our support, we would greatly appreciate a 5-star rating on WordPress.org.
                          Link: https://wordpress.org/support/plugin...iews/?filter=5

Best regards
                          Alexander

Comment

Hi, just letting you know that I have a purchased subscription with you.
                            I noticed something. When sharing a link to my website page say on whatsapp - the meta data is all jumbled.
                            This is conflicting with Yoast meta data.
                            Is there a way to disable your one?
                            I had an email that Yoast explained another plugin was conflicting.
                            I assumed it was yours?
                            Kindly let me know

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

In general, issues with images and your link titles / descriptions are often caused by missing or conflicting metadata (Open Graph Tags). The social media will always display the information they find in the source code of your post on your website. The following guides show you exactly how to solve this:
                              What are open graph tags and what do I use them for?
                              Troubleshooting: Checklist and solutions for setting Open Graph Tags

Please make sure to use only one plugin for setting your metadata so the social networks can retrieve your data correctly. Of course, you also can disable the Blog2Social metadata by clicking on “Settings ->Social Meta Data”.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best regards

Benedikt

Comment

Working...
                              X