Unable to post Facebook Group, Flickr & Ravelry, getting errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to post Facebook Group, Flickr & Ravelry, getting errors

In networks area, I checked thoroughly all Facebook Group, Flickr and Ravelry authorized perfectly. Remaining all are working perfectly, but specified 3 networks only not working.

Facebook Group Authorization perfect
    Flickr and Ravelry Authorization also perfect.

Please find the attached screenshot to know more the errors of these 3 networks.
    Attached Files

Hello Raja,

Thank you for reaching out and thanks for describing your request.

Regarding Revelry and Flickr:

Would you please be so kind as to provide us with an example WordPress post URL that you wanted to share, so we could look further into this for you?
    Have you checked if your images are hot linking protected? This can cause this error notification.

You could check this at:
    https://www.free-webhosts.com/hotlinking-checker.php

Please note that Revelry is a topic specific network knitters, crocheters, fiber artists and hand made creations.

Regarding the Facebook group:

The following step-by-step guide will show you how to solve all common issues related to Facebook groups:
    How to connect and automatically post to Facebook groups

You can connect any Facebook group to your Blog2Social. The only requirement is a membership of your personal Facebook profile in the respective groups.

If you have trouble connecting Blog2Social to your Facebook groups, please make sure
    • That you have connected the right Facebook profile, which is a member of the respective Facebook group
    • That you have not yet connected the total number of network accounts possible in your Blog2Social license version

Please note:
    Group administrators need to add third-party apps in the group settings. Please add the Blog2Social app to the group settings of your own groups. If you want to post to a group you are a member of, please ask your group administrator to add the Blog2Social app to the group settings.

The following step-by-step guide will show you how to add the Blog2Social APP to your Facebook groups:
    Learn how to add the Blog2Social app to your Facebook group.

Please provide us with a screenshot showing this configuration afterward in case you still face issues while sharing content on this group after the required adjustments.

Thank you for your effort.
    I am looking forward to your reply.

Best regards
    Alexander

Comment

→ Facebook Group, Instagram & Flickr is not working. Mostly remaining all networks are working fine.

→ Instagram all showed/required settings are already done.

Facebook Group, Instagram & Flickr network Authorization was perfect.​..

Please check attached image for more details. I tried to post on following links...

https://all-topics.com/top-10-great-music-directors-in-the-world/
      https://all-topics.com/top-10-famous...-in-the-world/

→Facebook page working, but keep disconnecting after share 4 to 6 posts. I should need to re-authorize after every 4 to 6 posts.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by alltopics; 12-26-2022, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Hello Raja,

Thanks for your reply.

Regarding your Facebook group:
        Did you already add the Blog2Social app to the group on Facebook?
        Please be so kind as to add the Blog2Social app on Facebook to the specific group you want to post to. The following tutorials show you how to do this:
        How do I connect Blog2Social with Facebook groups?
        How do I add the Blog2Social app to Facebook groups on Facebook?

Regarding Instagram and Flickr:
        It’s necessary that your post contains an image which is available for these networks.
        When checking your links it seems that there’s a hotlink protection for your images which is causing this on your end (screenshot attached).
        Please make sure that your hotlink protection is disabled so the social media networks can retrieve your images correctly.

Regarding your Facebook page:
        There can be various reasons for this behavior. For example:
        1) If your credentials for your social media account were changed, such as the email address or the password.
        2) If you have changed any administrative settings for your accounts on the specific social media network.
        3) Due to security reasons, some networks, like Facebook and Linkedin, refresh the authorization for all social media accounts regularly every 1-3 months.

If a social media connection in your “Networks” overview disconnects, please be so kind as to refresh the authorization. This tutorial shows you how to do this:
        Solution: Your authorization has expired. Please reconnect your account in the Blog2Social network settings.

Please let me know if it worked out or if you have any other questions.

Best regards

Benedikt
        Attached Files

Comment

Did you already add the Blog2Social app to the group on Facebook?

Perfectly authorized, please check attached image for more clarification.

When checking your links it seems that there’s a hotlink protection for your images which is causing this on your end (screenshot attached).

→ I checked image, it is not hotlinked, pls check attached image for more clarification. It's a broken image showing.

→ If hotlinked how remaining all networks how those are working?

Please make sure that your hotlink protection is disabled so the social media networks can retrieve your images correctly.

→ Similarly hotlink protection was basic security setting to save my bandwidth.

→ Remaining all networks how those are working if hotlinked??

I tried to post of these 3 networks, enable & disable hotlinking. But still showing same error...

There can be various reasons for this behavior. For example:

1) If your credentials for your social media account were changed, such as the email address or the password.

All the credentials correct.

2) If you have changed any administrative settings for your accounts on the specific social media network.

I didn't changed any administrative setting of these networks.

3) Due to security reasons, some networks, like Facebook and Linkedin, refresh the authorization for all social media accounts regularly every 1-3 months.

Not asking 1 to 3 months. Facebook page keep asking authorization & keep disconnecting continuously after 4 to 6 auto posts via plugin.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello Raja,

Thanks for your reply. I think there are a few misunderstandings.

Please note that connecting your Facebook group in Blog2Social does not mean that the Blog2Social app is added on Facebook.

Did you add the Blog2Social app to the group on Facebook?
            Please add the Blog2Social app on Facebook to the specific group you want to post to. The guide shows you how to do this:
            How do I add the Blog2Social app to Facebook groups on Facebook?

If you are still facing issues, please send me a screenshot that shows the Blog2Social app within your Facebook group.

For Instagram and Flickr it’s necessary that your post contains an image which is available. If your image is not available for these networks, your post cannot be published.
            Your screenshots of the hotlinking checker also show that your image is not available since it’s displayed broken. It’s necessary that your image is displayed in the hotlinking checker correctly.
            Therefore, please make sure that your hotlink protection is disabled and that no other security plugins or settings on your website prevent it from being displayed so the social media networks can retrieve your images correctly.

Please try the following steps:
            1) Remove your Facebook page in your “Networks” overview in Blog2Social.
            2) Remove the Blog2Social App in your Facebook settings (“Business Integrations”) by following this link and clicking on “Remove”:
            https://www.facebook.com/settings?ta...s&ref=settings
            3) Click on “Connect Page” in your Blog2Social “Networks” overview. Within this process the Blog2Social app will be added again on Facebook's Business Integrations. Please make sure that you grant all required rights to this app.

Please let me know if it works for you or if you have any other questions.

Best regards

Benedikt

Comment

→ Facebook Group issue was cleared.

→ Instagram & Flickr issues are not cleared still.

I enabled hotlink protection via WP Security plugin & cpanel, there I disabled hotlink protection option and tried, but that was not worked. After disable hotlink protection also, showing broken image on the hotlink checker. I don't know, how to resolve this issue.

→ Please check attached images for more clarification.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by alltopics; 12-29-2022, 01:31 AM. Reason: More explanation given

Comment

Hello Raja,

Thank you for your reply and this feedback.
                Also, thanks for the information that the Facebook groups issue is resolved now.

Furthermore:
                This behavior seems to be caused by your individual server/website configuration and your external WordPress plugin configuration.
                As this is an environmental-related case this behavior is not caused by Blog2Social and should be resolved as soon you get this fixed in your environment.

How to deactivate Hotlink protection?
                Option 1: Uninstall or deactivate all activated plugins for Hotlink Protection or deactivate the Hotlink Protection settings in your plugins.
                Option 2: Select your „htaccess“-directory, check on the following entries and delete them if necessary:
                • RewriteEngine on
                • RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^$
                • RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^http(s)?://(www\.)?yourdomain.com [NC]
                • RewriteRule \.(jpg|jpeg|png|gif)$ - [NC,F,L]
                • RewriteRule .*\.(jpe?g|gif|bmp|png)$ - [F]
                These entries might prevent third-party sites and services like social networks and Blog2Social from accessing your images and videos.

Have you tried to remove the mentioned WordPress security plugin from your WordPress environment and retest the occurring behavior?
                Please note that WordPress plugins can leave unwanted leftovers of values and settings in your database even with disabled settings.

Please reach out to your hosting provider to get this behavior checked and resolved on your web server and WordPress environment as this exceeds the regular support Blog2Social can provide.

Afterward you can retry the sharing process of a new WordPress post that was never shared on social media beforehand.

Thank you for your effort and understanding.
                I am looking forward to your reply.

Best regards
                Alexander

Comment

→ Sorry, I don't want to disable hotlink protection of all mentioned, hotlink protection was basic protection setting for a website.

→ Without do mentioned process, all the remaining networks are working very fine except Instagram & Flickr.

→ If possible try to change settings like other networks to work Instagram & Flickr, otherwise leave it. This is my suggestion only

Thank you.

Comment

Hello Raja,

Thanks for your response.

Please note that these networks require a retrievable image for posting. If your image is not available for these networks, your post cannot be published. This is outside of our sphere of influence.

Therefore, please make sure that your hotlink protection is disabled and that no other security plugins or settings on your website prevent the images from being displayed so the social media networks can retrieve your images correctly.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best regards

Benedikt
                    Last edited by Blog2Social Support; 01-02-2023, 08:45 AM.

Comment

How to post new forum post here? I didn't find the link to open a new forum support request. Explain step by step.

I opened some forum topics already, now I can't find the option to open a new forum request.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

Please be so kind as to select a Sub-forum first. After that, you can click on “+ New Topic” (screenshot attached).

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Best regards

Benedikt
                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                        X