Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admin Panel - Share Button not working

Hi,
    We have been using Blog2Social on a site for a little while now and noticed recently that when we go to schedule new blog posts to aggregate out to our social media accounts that the "Share Button" at the bottom of the admin panel does not work. Once configure the post, schedule post time, etc and go to click the share button - nothing happens. does not try to load, does not update- simply sits idle. We can save the draft, but not post. I have attached a screen shot for reference.

if you could advise as to how to correct this that would be great.
    Attached Files
    MIchael DeSafey is a leading Construction, Engineering and Environmental Recruiter, Human Resource Professional

Hello,

Thank you so much for reaching out and thanks for describing your request.

Please note that this is no general bug or issue that is occurring in Blog2Social and is likely caused by an external plugin that is overriding CSS classes of the Blog2Social plugin that prevent it from working as intended.

Since I cannot reproduce your described behavior in a clean test environment it seems to be caused somewhere on your website (for example by another plugin or theme) that is active in your environment.

An easy way to check which plugin is causing this on your website is to use the plugin “Health Check & Troubleshooting” from WordPress.

This plugin is intended for such cases and will perform a number of checks on your WordPress installation to detect common configuration errors and known issues, and also allows plugins and themes to add their own checks.

With the “Health Check & Troubleshooting” plugin you can simulate to deactivate all plugins except Blog2Social and activate one after the other to see which plugin causes your request.

Feel free to let me know afterward if this solution resolved your request or if you require further assistance regarding this matter.

Thank you for your effort and understanding.
    I am looking forward to your reply.

Best regards
    Alexander

Comment

Alexander,

We used the "Heath Check and Troubleshooting" app already. We Turned off all the plugins on the site, except for blog2social and attempted to share a post and the "Share" button still did not work. Anything else you maybe able to think of that we should try?

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your reply and thanks for this feedback.

In case all plugins are deactivated with or without the Heath Check and Troubleshooting" plugin and the sharing process still does not work it could also be related to specific browser add-ons that are enabled in your web browser.

Please note that this is no general bug or issue within Blog2Social and is only related to environmental issues which can be caused in your Browser or in your WordPress environment by external plugins and tools that are overriding the Blog2Social css/JavaScript files that is likely causing that the plugin can not work as intended.

I would suggest trying to use a private tab / incognito window in your browser.

Would you please be so kind as to retest this process with the suggested workaround?
        I am looking forward to your reply.

Best regards
        Alexander

Comment

Alexander,

Thank you for the suggestion. We tried utilizing an incognito window and that also did not work. We additionally tried an alternative browser (microsoft edge). We took this a step further as well and tried it on the alternative computer with a clean install utlizing a apple computer with chrome. The problem still persisted. Any other suggestions? The site is built on wordpress with an elementor theme.

Thank Mike

Comment

Hello Mike,

Thanks for your reply.

May I ask you if it’s possible to provide us with a guest account with admin rights on your website?

If you want us to check this on your website, please be so kind as to provide us with a temporary guest account with admin rights for your website. We will, of course, treat your information as confidential. Rest assured, we will use this data for tests only. You can delete the account as soon as our tests are complete.
            Please send the login URL, login name and password for the account we can use via private message in the community in order to protect your privacy.

Best regards

Benedikt

Comment

We forwarded you the login information via private message. Please let us know if you are able to correct the issue and/or need any additional information to address issue.

thanks
              mike

Comment

Hello Mike,

Thanks for your provided credentials.

When trying to reproduce this behavior on your website I was able to share your post correctly by clicking the “Share” button (screenshots attached).
                Is it possible that this is caused by a browser plugin on your end?

I’m looking forward to your reply.

Best regards

Benedikt
                Attached Files

Comment

Thank you ... we were able to correct the issue.

Comment

Hello Mike,

Thanks for your feedback. Great to hear that it worked out.

May I ask you what has caused this?

If you are happy with my support and with Blog2Social, we'd be thrilled if you left us a 5-star-rating on
                    https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/blog2social/reviews/?filter=5​

Best regards

Benedikt

Comment

Working...
                    X