Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curated Image Post to Twitter - does not work

Completely useless error message.
    Curated Image Post to Twitter does not work. Tried it 3 times today. First scheduled and twice immediately.
    A small red triangle appears but you can't open the post anymore.
    Please do something fast.
    I need this to work before I go to vacation tomorrow !!!

Karl

Click image for larger version

Name:	blog2social_network_error.jpg
Views:	350
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	545

GIF seems to cause the problem. When I replace the GIF with a JPG it works.
    Well, the whole idea for me was to use GIF.
    C'mon guys - do something!

Comment

Tested it again today. Same mistake. GIFs don't work.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you so much for reaching out and thank you for describing the situation. I am sure I can support you with a suitable solution for your request.

Twitter publishes animated GIFs when choosing the Link-Post type on its network as non-animated (single frame) Jpg images. Choosing the Image-Post type enables you to post animated GIFs as an featured image of your WordPress post.

You can read more in detail about it at:

How do I use animated GIFs for my Social Media Posts?

Therefore, sharing your post on twitter with the image-post type selected should solve the issue you were facing.

Please let me know if you have any other questions about Blog2Social.

Best regards

Alexander

Comment

Alexander, I used always image-post type. It does not work.
          I get The network could not publish your post. Please see FAQ

Comment

I found the reason. It is the size of the GIF. It must be under 5MB

Comment

Why is there a 5 MB limit. Is this on your side or Twitter's?

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

Regarding the network-specific rules of Twitter, an image can have a size of up to 5.00 MB.

Being able to send this specific file size to the Blog2Social server to be shared on Twitter is depending on a client-sided stable server connection and a preset server timeout value that would allow sending these specific files to the Blog2Social server without a timeout.

Whenever the upload process times out the post will be shared without the GIF only containing the text and link.

I recommend trying a smaller image file size to share a GIF on Twitter. This will also help to save bandwidth and loading time for your website, which can help your Google ranking.

My recommendation for your described situation is to reduce your GIF files sizes with a compression tool or plugin. Some of them are even free-to-use.

Please take a look at some examples below:(Can save up to 55% of the file size. Maximum file size is 10 MB)
                (Can save up to 38% of the file size. Maximum file size is 100+ MB)

Optimizing your GIF images will save you file space on your webserver and speed up your website and make sure to share your GIFs properly.

Please let me know if you have any other questions about Blog2Social.

Best regards

Alexander

Comment

Working...
                X