Blog2Social Entirely Freezes Website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blog2Social Entirely Freezes Website

We run B2S on a few different websites, however one of them that we've added it to recently simply locks up when the plugin is active. The only remedy to this has been to deactivate the plugin via FileManager by renaming the plugin folder, which has been tested time & again. When the plugin is first activated, things seem fine but then the front-facing portion of the site become unresponsive & will result in a 524 error from Cloudflare, which essentially says that your browser & CF are working but the host server didn't return an expected response. We've been talking with our host about this but they've got a fresh influx of tech talent, so it's hit or miss with them at the moment.

There are several plugins on the website, are there any known plugin conflicts?

The system requirements screen is fine with the exception of the Wordfence notice, WF has been placed in learning mode & the issue persists.

There's nothing, really, in the PHP error log aside from one mention here:

[11-Jan-2022 17:53:45 UTC] PHP Warning: require_once(/home2/beckmcc/public_html/wp-content/plugins/blog2social/includes/B2S/AutoPost.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home2/beckmcc/public_html/wp-content/plugins/blog2social/includes/Loader.php on line 27
    [11-Jan-2022 17:53:45 UTC] PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home2/beckmcc/public_html/wp-content/plugins/blog2social/includes/B2S/AutoPost.php' (include_path='.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php74/root/usr/share/pear') in /home2/beckmcc/public_html/wp-content/plugins/blog2social/includes/Loader.php on line 27

It would be a shame if we're unable to use the plugin on this site, I'm hopeful that someone can point out something that we're missing!

Hello,

It's great that you contacted us and I appreciate you describing your request.

Typically, this behavior occurs because of a file that could not be loaded from within your website environment. In this case, the file is not present or can not be accessed. It is also noted in the console response.

It seems like there is something wrong with your setup or optimization. In this case, I would recommend uninstalling the plugin. Once completely removed, you can reinstall it right away
    Additionally, the troubleshooting file would be helpful if needed.

If the issue persists after re-installing, would you please be so kind as to provide us with the generated troubleshooting-tool .txt log file so I can investigate further?

The Troubleshooting-Tool can be found by following this link:
    Your WordPress installation -> Blog2Social -> Help & Support -> Troubleshooting-Tool

Please send me this file and the information via a private message in the community to protect your privacy.

You can also try disabling "Add Open Graph image information" in the social metadata settings of Blog2Social. If the timeout occurred while loading the image, it may also have caused the behavior.

Could you please check these points in your WordPress environment and let me know if you were able to resolve this issue or if you need further assistance.

Your effort and understanding is greatly appreciated.

Best regards
    Alexander

Comment

Hi there, we actually did that before ever posting this up, all of it. Here's the txt file:
      Last edited by Blog2Social Support; 01-13-2022, 07:06 AM.

Comment

One of the rockstar Linux guys at our provider identified the following as the potential issue & has made a change to this site accordingly:
        Hello,

I see the site is hitting its Max Children limit even after raising it. I feel like this plugin could be causing issues with PHP-FPM and that particular setting, as once hit the site will hang in browser and possibly throw a timeout error:

/opt/cpanel/ea-php74/root/usr/var/log/php-fpm/error.log:[12-Jan-2022 15:33:43] WARNING: [pool beckmccormick_com] server reached max_children setting (30), consider raising it

We could try setting this site on FCGI instead as the PHP Handler, which is very similar but is more configurable on a global level and does not have a Max Children type setting which is easily reached.
        If you'd like to give that a try I'd be happy to do so. I would need to do a quick restart to Apache in order to add FCGI settings into the includes, so just let me know when would be best to do so.

We're going to give it a day or so but it seems like everything is in good shape at the moment.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your reply and thanks for providing the requested file.

We checked the troubleshooting tool log file and have the following recommendation for you:

You could try to increase the following value in your installation to allow an extended timeframe for automatic actions that are processed in the background, as well as increase the memory limit to allow the usage of multiple resource consuming plugins.:

This could help improve the occurring behavior:
          "WP_MEMORY_LIMIT": "40M", to 128M,256M or 512M
          "max_execution_time": "60", to 40 or 300

Memory issue solutions:
          a) in wp-config.php File (in root folder of WordPress) define ("WP_MEMORY_LIMIT", "256M"); //512M (M=MEGABYTE) Minimum 128M
          b) in .htaccess File (in root folder of WordPress): "php_value memory_limit 256M" c) in php.ini File (in Apache Folder): "memory_limit=256M"

Execution time solutions:
          a) in .htaccess File (in root folder of WordPress): "php_value max_execution_time 40"
          b) use WordPress plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-max...time-exceeded/

The following step-by-step guide will guide you through the Blog2Social plugin system requirements and how to adjust these values:
          System requirements for installing Blog2Social

Feel free to let me know afterward if these solutions solved your request, or if you require further assistance regarding this matter.

Please note, I removed your log file information from this public topic in order to protect your privacy. Please avoid sharing such information publically and use the private message in the community instead.

Thank you for your understanding.
          I am looking forward to your reply.

Best regards
          Alexander

Comment

Working...
          X