Working with ACF and custom post types

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working with ACF and custom post types

Is there a way to work with content from fields in ACF fields? I have a CPT that uses ACF fields and not the Body field. Can I autopost and tell Blog2Social to use one of the ACF fields and not the body field?

Hello Mark,

Thanks for reaching out.

In general, Blog2Social is compatible with ACF. For example, you can filter certain ACF categories in your auto-post settings.

May I ask you if this is what you are looking for? If it’s not, please be so kind as to tell me a little more in detail or with screenshots so I can take a closer look at this for you.

I’m looking forward to your reply.

Best regards

Benedikt

Comment

We are using a custom field for the body content and ignoring the default body text. This means when we go to share a post on medium, or anywhere else, blog2social doesn't pull in / can't pull in the body text from the ACF field.

See attached as an example. Unfortunately, this just means we share links but no other text which makes it no good.

Click image for larger version

Name:	markuphero-vq5wRE44y5S1CNiVhKOG.png
Views:	195
Size:	248.3 KB
ID:	4126

Comment

Hello Mark,

Thanks for your feedback.

I will gladly add your suggestion to our feature list for future developments. We will let you know if this can be implemented in a future update.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best regards

Benedikt

Comment

Any news on that feature?

Comment

Hello,

Rest assured, we will let you know as soon as we have new information regarding this feature.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best regards

Benedikt

Comment

Is there any news about the use of ACF fields within post templates?

Comment

Hello Luigi,

Thank you for reaching out and thank you for your interest in Blog2Social.

The plugin you noted, and its compatibility, has already been requested often by Blog2Social customers and is currently still under review/development.
                We will be happy to inform you as soon as possible if and when the requested feature can be implemented in a future update of Blog2Social.

Feel free to let me know at any time if you have further questions or suggestions regarding Blog2Social.
                I will be happy to assist you further.

Best regards
                Alexander

Comment

• Luigi
                  Luigi commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Is there any news about the review/development for use ACF fields?

Hello Luigi,

Thank you so much for reaching out and thanks for your interest in Blog2Social.

The requested plugin compatibility/support is currently still on our list for possible future developments.
                Rest assured, if and when the requested feature can be implemented into Blog2Social we will gladly contact you as soon as possible.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any other questions or suggestions about Blog2Social in the meantime
                I will gladly support you further.

Best regards
                Alexander

Comment

• conny_2506
                  conny_2506 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Is there any news about this? I am also working with ACF and have no standard body field in my blog articles.

Hello Conny,

Thanks for your reply.

Rest assured, we will let you know as soon as there is any new information regarding this.

Best regards

Benedikt

Comment

Is there any update on this? He asked almost 1 year ago. There are many of us that use custom post types now. Its a very modern way of doing things. I would guess that a large percentage of your customers need this integration. I'm in my free trial but we need a service that will at least pull our open graph data to text. Other important text is being ignored.

There's no beta yet?

Comment

• Blog2Social Support
                    Blog2Social Support commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hello,

we will let you know as soon as there is an update on this available.

Best regards

Benedikt
                Working...
                X