Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-share Freezing When Deleting

Hello,

I tried to reschedule an old set of posts, but I set something up incorrectly and now 100 posts keep reposting every day on my social networks. If I select them all, and hit delete selected posts, nothing happens. The page freezes, and you can't scroll up or down, but you can click on any of the WordPress components to the left or top of the page. The Blog2Social page is what seems to freeze. This freezing also happens when I try and delete a personal Instagram account from the network component of Blog2Social. That said, my biggest concern is are being able to delete these queued posts.

Here is a video to help explain what is taking place:

Use Loom to record quick videos of your screen and cam. Explain anything clearly and easily – and skip the meeting. An essential tool for hybrid workplaces.

Cheers,

Victor

Hello Victor,

Thank you so much for reaching out and thanks for providing this screen recording.

It looks like your WordPress environment is suffering from an overload or lack of server capacity.
    It would be also awesome if you could try to enable the “Legacy mode” within the Blog2Social settings to optimize the sharing process on your WordPress installation.

An overload or lack of server capacity can cause the Blog2Social dashboard to freeze or not load at all. If your website is hosted on a server with low server capacity, you can turn on the Blog2Social Legacy Mode to reduce server load.

In Legacy Mode, the plugin will load contents one after the other (asynchronous loading) instead of loading all at once.

Some web hosting services also limit the number of outgoing connections. In this case, the Legacy Mode makes sure that connections to your social media accounts are loaded successively.
    To activate Legacy Mode, go to “Blog2Social -> Settings -> General -> System” and tick the box saying “activate Legacy Mode”.

Please be so kind as to enable this option and retest both mentioned points. Please let me know afterward if this solution solved your request or if you require further assistance related to this matter.

I am looking forward to your reply.

Best regards
    Alexander

Comment

Hello,

That didn't work either. Not sure about the server capacity being overloaded these are the current stats:

PHP Memory : 18.89 MB of 256 MB (7% used) | RAM : 535 MB of 4 GB (13% used) | CPU Load: 4%

Cheers,

Victor

Comment

Originally posted by vmr907 View Post
        Hello,

That didn't work either. Not sure about the server capacity being overloaded these are the current stats:

PHP Memory : 18.89 MB of 256 MB (7% used) | RAM : 535 MB of 4 GB (13% used) | CPU Load: 4%

Cheers,

Victor

Hello Victor,

Thank you so much for your reply and thanks for this feedback.

Indeed your web server capacity seems to handle the current server-load fine.

Since no general Blog2Social issue could be reproduced on a clean test environment it is likely that the occurring behavior is caused by external WordPress plugins that are active in your WordPress environment and are interfering with the Blog2Social plugin.

Some external WordPress plugins allow deep environment modifications which can cause this behavior.
        Please make sure that there are no external WordPress optimization/security plugin settings that are limiting the Blog2Social plugin requests that are performed in the WordPress environment.

Would you please be so kind as to provide us with the generated troubleshooting-tool .txt Log file so I could look further into this for you?

You will find the Troubleshooting-Tool by following this path:
        Your WordPress installation -> Blog2Social -> Help & Support -> Troubleshooting-Tool

Please also be so kind as to provide us with a screenshot showing the individual conflicts if available in the overview.
        You can send me the requested files via a private message in the community in order to protect your privacy.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards
        Alexander

Comment

Hello,

Directly from the troubleshooting tool, it states there is a conflict with iThemes Security Pro. Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Victor

Comment

Hello Victor,

Thank you for your reply and thanks for providing the requested file.

I removed it again for your convenience to protect your privacy.

After checking the file I have to following recommendations for your:
            Please improve the following values in your wp-config file since the Blog2Social plugin requirements are currently not fulfilled in your WordPress environment:
            • WP_MEMORY_LIMIT: "40M"
            • Max_execution_time: "120"
            The following step-by-step guide will show you how to solve all known issues related to missing system requirements:
            System requirements for installing Blog2Social

Furthermore, you are currently using an external WordPress plugin that is known to cause issues while being active in a WordPress environment in relation to Blog2Social:
            • Buy Me a Coffee - Button and Widget
            Also, the external WordPress plugins “WP Rocket” and “iThemes Security Pro” allow deep environment modifications which can cause this behavior.
            Please make sure that these plugins are not limiting the Blog2Social plugin and its requests that are performed in the WordPress environment.

Please be so kind as to check and adjust the mentioned steps and let me know afterward if this solution solved your request or if you require further assistance related to this matter.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards
            Alexander

Comment

Hello Alexander,

It was the Buy Me A Coffee plugin. Once you mentioned it, I added it around the time the switch with Instagram took place. I deactivated it, and everything worked.

Thank you once again for the great support.

On a side note, I'm not sure why it lists me as Blog2Social Free, when I've had a paid account for a few years now. Is there any way to change that?

Cheers,

Victor

Comment

Hello Victor,

Thank you so much for your reply and thanks for this feedback.
                I am really happy to hear that the suggested solution solved your request.

Regarding your second question:

Are you referring to the “Free” license notice below your Blog2Social support community name?

This license entry is automatically detected during the signup and is fixed. Rest assured, this is just a notice that is intended for the Blog2Social customer service in order to support you as good as possible with matching recommendations depending on your individual license.

Your purchased license is correctly set in the Blog2Social system.

If you are facing this in your WordPress environment, please note that since Blog2Social works user-based, every regular WordPress user is a Free Blog2Social user unless you activate them individually with your license key.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or suggestions about Blog2Social.
                I will gladly support you further.

If you like Blog2Social and my support, I would be very happy about a 5-star rating on WordPress.org.
                Link: https://wordpress.org/support/plugin...iews/?filter=5

Thank you very much and best regards
                Alexander

Comment

Hello Alexander,

Thank you for the explanation and all of your support.

Cheers,

Victor

Comment

Originally posted by vmr907 View Post
                    Hello Alexander,

Thank you for the explanation and all of your support.

Cheers,

Victor
                    Hello Victor,

Thank you so much for your reply.
                    Sure, you are welcome :-).

Please let me know if you have any other question or suggestion about Blog2Social.

Best regards
                    Alexander

Comment

Working...
                    X