Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Social networks being disconnected, REST API / WP-JSON not active...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Social networks being disconnected, REST API / WP-JSON not active...?

Hi there,

we are having recurring issues with our social networks routinely being disconnected on a daily basis almost and we have to re-authenticate / connect every time again. This did not happen in the beginning when we were using the plugin (< v6.5.7) but I cannot pinpoint this to a specific update / version unfortunately.

There is no error message or such, the posts are just not being shared and the green indication for an active network connection is missing and needs to be re-activated for each network.

Two things might be the culprit here:
    • The WP_MEMORY_LIMIT was set to only 40M which I have now increased to 512M – could that help? Will monitor the error and let you know.
    • In the troubleshooting-tab I see that the REST API / WP-JSON supposedly isn't working and in your docs you state that "WP-JSON is important, among other things, for connecting and using social media" so this should be addressed but I can verify that the endpoint is responsive – we are using "Bedrock" / a non-standard URL structure for our WP system and as such the blog URL is of the format xyz.tld/wp whilst the WP-JSON-endpoint still resides in xyz.tld/wp-json and I could imagine that might be making trouble...?
    Should I attach the troubleshooting TXT to this post? Is there any sensitive data in it that should be obfuscated beforhand?

Thanks & regards,

Henning

Hello Henning,

Thanks for reaching out and your detailed description.

May I ask you since when it has stopped working correctly and if you have changed anything on your WordPress site?
    Which version of Blog2Social are you currently using?

Regarding WP-JSON:
    Please be so kind as to adjust the directory for WP-JSON.
    Usually it should be like this: xyz.tld/wp/wp-json

Please let me know if it works for you afterwards or if you have further questions. I'm looking forward to your reply.

Best regards

Benedikt

Comment

Hi Benedikt,

May I ask you since when it has stopped working correctly and if you have changed anything on your WordPress site?
      See my original post: "This did not happen in the beginning when we were using the plugin (< v6.5.7) but I cannot pinpoint this to a specific update / version unfortunately."

We did not change anything on our site except updating WP Core (5.6) and other plugins really.

Which version of Blog2Social are you currently using?
      The most recent (v6.6.3)

Please be so kind as to adjust the directory for WP-JSON. Usually it should be like this: xyz.tld/wp/wp-json
      Just checked and the xyz.tld/wp-json is adhering to the default WordPress settings (see docs). Therefore you should be able to call
      PHP Code:
      get_rest_url() 
      and retrieve the endpoint no matter if it has been altered or not (which I am sure your plugin is doing already). So this shouldn't be an issue, correct?

Thanks & regards,

Henning

Comment

We are now also seeing a prompt / modal suggesting that we set up "auto posting" but I could confirm that the setting is active...

Click image for larger version

Name:	CleanShot 2021-01-27 at 11.02.34.png
Views:	136
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	1993

Comment

Hello Henning,

Thanks for your feedback and the provided information.

Please be so kind as to send me a private message with the txt.file of your Troubleshooting-Tool.
          How to check your blog settings with the Troubleshooting-Tool

Regarding the prompt that you are seeing:
          May I ask you if it pops up constantly?
          Can you click on it so it disappears?

I’m looking forward to your reply.

Best regards

Benedikt

Comment

Hi Benedikt,

today the sharing worked as intended and I have a suspect: BackWPup – I remember that I activated the plugin a couple of days ago and had issues sending out a newsletter via "The Newsletter Plugin" and it turns out that there was a conflict with the Amazon SDK being included in both plugins which in turn led to a fatal error. Not sure if your plugin also encountered the issue itself (do you use the Amazon SDK for anything?) or the error kinda 'sprung over' but now that the plugin is deactivated the issue seems to have disappeared...

There is a post on the WP support forums where I have also asked the developers to look into the issue.

Maybe you can double-check whether you are also using the Amazon SDK and – if so – include a warning with regards to using both plugins in conjunction.

Feel free to close this topic.

Thanks & regards,

Henning

Comment

Working...
            X