Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Add a link-URL to the end of my image post" not working

Hi,

I have 2 websites using Blog2Social to post to Facebook, Twitter, Linked and Instagram.

Both websites use the same settings to post to all of the above social media platforms.

Except Twitter on the one website. I use the settings below, with Bitly.

What is not working is the "Add a link-URL to the end of my image post".

I get the title, the content and the image but no URL link for the Tweeps to use to go to the full article.

Any suggestions?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	154
Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	5747

Oddly enough, if I delete the post and reshare the post manually to Twitter, the link URL is included. Waiting for a reply to the above post.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you so much for reaching out and thanks for describing your quest.

Would you please be so kind as to answer a few short questions, so we could look further into this for you?

Do you work with multiple WordPress users?
      If so, please make sure to apply these settings to each WordPress user (post templates) since every user can configure his own settings in Blog2Social.

With which feature do you publish your content in Blog2Social where you noticed a missing URL at the end of the post?

Does it work to share the post with the URL as intended with disabled Bitly settings in Blog2Social?
      Please be so kind as to disable this service temporary and retry sharing the post once again with the post template settings you specified.

I am looking forward to your reply.

Best regards
      Alexander

Comment

Hi Alexander,

Do you work with multiple WordPress users? No, only one.

With which feature do you publish your content in Blog2Social where you noticed a missing URL at the end of the post? Only Twitter. It works with Facebook, Instagram and Linkedin.

Does it work to share the post with the URL as intended with disabled Bitly settings in Blog2Social? I have tried several variations, one of them was to post without using Bitly, without success.

I have deactivated the plugin and reactivated it. I will be sharing a post in 30 minutes.

Any further suggestions?

Comment

Hello,

Thank you so much for your reply and this feedback.
          I tried to reproduce this case for you and so far I was unable to face the same behavior in Blog2Social/Twitter.

Please have a look at the following screenshots as a reference:

:

Would you please be so kind as to explain in detail how you proceeded to share your posts in Blog2Social?
          If possible, please attach screenshots of every step or create a short video screen recording, so I could support you in this case as good as possible.

Thank you for your effort and understanding.

Best regards
          Alexander

Comment

Hi,

Ok, let me verbose about all the settings:

Name:	2022.10.06 - Networks - Facebook.JPG
Views:	130
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	5764

Name:	2022.10.06 - Networks - Instagram.JPG
Views:	119
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	5765

Name:	2022.10.06 - Networks - Twitter.JPG
Views:	127
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	5766

Name:	2022.10.06 - Networks - LinkedIn.JPG
Views:	127
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	5767

Name:	2022.10.06 - Scheduled Post.JPG
Views:	110
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	5768
            This last one is the Post New Article page in Wordpress. Once I've added the headline and content and chosen a Category and added Tags, I schedule the post.

It's really not more complicated than that in terms of how I share posts. I set it all up in Blog2Social and then I create a post and schedule it.

Is there any step you think I need to add to the above?

Thanks

Comment

Some other screenshots that might valid?

Name:	2022.10.06 - Auto Post.JPG
Views:	124
Size:	122.0 KB
ID:	5770

Name:	2022.10.06 - Networks.JPG
Views:	119
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	5771

Name:	2022.10.06 - Settings.JPG
Views:	120
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	5772

Comment

Hello Malcolm,

Thank you so much for your reply and thanks for providing the requested screenshots.
                I checked them for you and noticed that your configuration in the Auto-Poster settings are missing the selected Twitter profile.

Please have a look at the following screenshot as a reference:

Please be so kind as to adjust this setting as well and retest the sharing process one again of a new WordPress post that you schedule that was never shared on Twitter beforehand.

Your post template configuration seems to be correctly configured.

Thank you for your effort.

Best regards
                Alexander

Comment

Hi, that was blanked to not show the account but that entry was filled in with the correct Twitter account.

That's not the problem. Something else is.

Comment

Hello Malcolm,

Thank you for your reply and thanks for the clarification.

This behavior seems to be unusual since your settings seem to be correctly configured, and it would be awesome if you could send us a temporary guest account with admin rights for your WordPress website, if you would like us to check this case further.

We will, of course, treat your information as confidential. Rest assured, we will use this data for tests only.

You can delete the account as soon as our tests are complete.
                    Please be so kind as to include the login URL, login name and password of the WordPress environment if you are interested in this troubleshooting suggestion.

Please make sure to provide us with the requested data via a private message in the community in order to protect your privacy.

Thank you for your understanding and your effort.

Best regards
                    Alexander

Comment

Hi,

I've sent through login details.

Please advise if you've received them or not.

Thanks

Comment

Hello Malcolm,

Thank you for your reply and thanks for this feedback.

In addition to my previous message:

Since the Twitter network has a maximum amount of 280 characters for a post it would be awesome if you could try one more attempt to publish a Twitter image post with the link attachment with no text or a short text within this available character amount in order to check if this behavior is related to the cut-off Blog2Social automatically performs on too long posts for Twitter.

I tried to check your WordPress environment, but unfortunately you seem to have limited the access rights to almost any section inside your environment that would allow checking plugins, posts/content or media library access.

Such a limitation does not allow correct investigation of the occurring behavior at all.
                        No images could be uploaded as well in order to create test posts.

As mentioned beforehand a WordPress user testing account is required with full administrator access that is not limited in its access functionality in the environment to be able to perform checks and tests such as a usual administrator user would be able to.

Please adjust this inside your environment and let me know as soon as you have unblocked the access and adjusted the rights management.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards
                        Alexander

Comment

Try again now.

Comment

Hello Malcolm,

Thank you for your reply and thanks for this feedback.

No I was able to check your website correctly.

I proceeded with the following tests for you:
                            • Activated the WP test user with your license key.
                            • Connected a Twitter testing profile.
                            • Configured the Twitter post template
                            • Configured the Auto-Poster settings.
                            • Choose an existing WordPress post of you and updated it to trigger the Auto-Poster (Updated posts option).
                            • Created a new WP post and published it to trigger the Auto-Poster (New posts option)

Both triggered Auto-Postings were published successfully as an image post on Twitter with the link attachment as you intended to share.

Shared posts:

Published links:

Updated post, auto-posting:
                            https://twitter.com/Blog2Social_dev/...71605931196424

New post, auto-posting:
                            https://twitter.com/Blog2Social_dev/...78764546985985

As you can see the function worked correctly. Would you please be so kind as to apply the same post template settings and retest the sharing once again?

Thank you for your understadning.

Best regards
                            Alexander

Comment

Hi

I have applied your settings above and I'm still not getting the link in the Twitter post.

I have previously deactivated and deleted your plugin and then installed and activated.

The settings are not wiped clean on deactivation and deleting the plugin.

Is there a way to PURGE the settings so that I can start from scratch?

I have access to the backend of the website with my service provider's File Manager.

Upon deletion of the plugin, the following folder is deleted, so the settings for the plugin must be elsewhere.
                              • public_html
                                • wp-content
                                  • plugins
                                    • blog2social

Please advise further.

Thank you

Comment

Working...
                              X