Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I set Imbedded link & Title in a Big Image?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I set Imbedded link & Title in a Big Image?

Basically I want my tweets to look the same as my FB posts - content on top of the big image and totle on the bottom of the image and when you click the image it goes to our website. If I use "link" tweets I get a small square image even if I go into setting and change the summary card type to big image. If I change the template to "image", I get the big image but it doesn't click to my website nor does it have a tilte at the bottom. Am I doing something wrong? I want it to look like this Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2020-07-16 (5) Corona Stocks - Home.png
Views:	97
Size:	235.3 KB
ID:	522

Hello,

Thank you so much for reaching out. I have checked this case carefully and noticed that the settings you choose seem to be correctly adjusted. Please note that Twitter stores the Card parameters of a link for up to 7 days. Changes may not be immediately visible on Twitter even if you selected to correct settings.

Additionally, you will find detailed information and instructions about Twitter Cards and Network Templates in the following guide:

What are Twitter Cards?

How do I use post templates for my social media posts?

Please let me know if this works for you after you waited a few days for Twitter to pull your new tags.

I am looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Alexander

Comment

Thank you for the reply...perhaps a dialog should come up warning you of this when you change the parameter. I have seen at least one other posting with the same issue.

Comment

I set the card parameter on Thursday to big picture. It shows up in the preview correctly. However it still gives me the small square image. The image is 1200x 800 pixels and 1MB. I am getting really frustrated...what am I doing wrong or is there a bug in your plugin?Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2020-07-18 Corona Stocks ( CoronaStocks) Twitter.png
Views:	70
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	540

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your reply and thank you for your suggestion. This notification is already implemented inside Blog2Social. If you choose a post form and click on share it within Blog2Social you will see the following notification above the og meta tag title and description.

Furthermore, i have checked your website carefully and noticed that your source code contains two entries for the twitter card selection.
          1. <meta name=twitter:card content=summary><meta
          2. <meta name=twitter:card content=summary_large_image>

These interfering entries are causing the issue you are facing. Twitter will only be able to display your images correctly as soon as you only have your desired entry in your source code. Please fix these entries and disable other plugins that are wiring these entries in your source code. Disabling them if there is an option could also fix this double entry.

Please let me know afterwards if this solution works for you.

Best regards

Alexander

Comment

Reply, thanks for letting me know this...I am just a new end-user trying to get this fixed. I will send this to a developer

Comment

Hello,

Thank you so much for your reply.

I think it is a good idea to ask a developer to help you out with this. As a new end user it can be a bit tricky to configure the WordPress website source code.

Please let me know afterwards if you were able to solve this in your WordPress installation. I am looking forward to your reply.

Best regards

Alexander Badulin

Comment

Working...
              X