Alt-text?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alt-text?

It appears that images posted to twitter are not posted with the alt-text specified when adding a featured image to WordPress posts. Is there some facility for this? If so, how do I use it?

Wendy

Hello Wendy,

Thanks for reaching out.

I’m afraid I’m not quite sure if I understand you correctly.
    May I ask you if it’s possible to explain to me a little more in detail where you are facing issues?

Please also be so kind as to send me a link to a post so I can take a closer look at this for you.

I’m looking forward to your reply.

Best regards

Benedikt

Comment

Hi Benedikt,

Thank you for responding. Sorry for taking so long to get back to you. Here is an example Blog2Social generated tweet: https://twitter.com/XR_PDX/status/1413254854491971588. If you check the image in your browser's inspector, you see that the alt attribute for the the img tag is set to simply "Image". For the purposes improving accessibility, the alt attribute should contain a description of the image. When we add images to our WordPress media library, we enter the alt text for them. I was hoping that Blog2Social would pull the alt text out of the media library and then include it in the alt-text for the post.

Wendy

Comment

Hello Wendy,

Thank you so much for your reply and thanks for this additional feedback.

Please note that Blog2Social works with the official Twitter API connection for external third party service providers.
        I will gladly forward this case and the requested alt-attribute forwarding to the IT experts of Blog2Social in order to check it for you.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. If and when the requested functionality can be implemented in a future update of Blog2Social, we will contact you as soon as possible.

Thank you for your understanding.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or suggestion about Blog2Social.
        I will gladly support you further.

Best regards
        Alexander

Comment

Working...
        X