Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why doesn't Tumblr grab Image objects from posts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why doesn't Tumblr grab Image objects from posts?

I'm using Wordpress primarily for posting art and images, and use blog2social to push those images out. I don't intend to use it for text-based articles.

I've linked Tumblr, Twitter, and Instragram, and would expect this plugin to interact with them similarly. However, if I take the post linked below, I see different behaviors (it's only an Image block and a title)
    https://www.studiodiemwing.com/uncat...eatured-image/

Attached, find what the plugin extracts for Twitter, Instagram and Tumblr.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2020-09-20 183151.png Views:	0 Size:	134.1 KB ID:	1042Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2020-09-20 183125.png Views:	0 Size:	156.9 KB ID:	1041Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2020-09-20 183221.png Views:	0 Size:	33.3 KB ID:	1043

Twitter and Instragram both extract the Image block. Tumblr does not. Why the inconsistency?

(Thanks to a previous thread, I see that Tumblr only extracts the featured image of a post, so I've found a theme that works for my usecase at least.)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Raymond Grumney; 09-21-2020, 02:01 AM.

Hello Raymond,

Thank you for reaching out and thanks for the feedback.

Blog2social uses the featured image of a WordPress post as the post image of a social media post instead of image blocks within the content. It is recommended to choose a WordPress theme that works on a similar functionality to save the image of a post. This does also relate to custom-post types depending on a theme or on a plugin that is used to create the custom post types (e.g. a portfolio).

I have tested sharing a post on Tumblr and could not verify any issue related to sharing a post with a featured image on Tumblr. The post preview also contained the selected image.

Please make sure to configure a featured image inside your posts that should be shared on a social media network if you want to share an image inside the post.

Furthermore, if you want to share posts with the “Create social media post” function of Blog2Social you should proceed with the following steps:
    1. Follow this path: Your WordPress installation -> Blog2Social -> Dashboard -> Right sidebar -> Section: SOCIAL MEDIA POST -> Create post
    2. Select image post -> Configure a text (the text can be removed depending on the networks you would like to share too) and an image (which will be used as a featured image of these posts) .
    3. Click on “Customize and schedule”.
    4. Now you should be able to see a preview of a post. After changing texts or images if necessary you can share this post to the selected networks.

The following instructions will guide you through the process of configuring and sharing a social media post with the “Create a post” function step-by-step:

How to create social media posts and share images, text, and links on social media

Please let me know if you have any other questions about Blog2Social.

Best regards

Alexander

Comment

Does the featured image have to be square or a certain limit? Blog2Social is not pulling the featured image from my WP posts for Tumblr posting on the post preview.

Comment

Originally posted by astrosalad View Post
        Does the featured image have to be square or a certain limit? Blog2Social is not pulling the featured image from my WP posts for Tumblr posting on the post preview.
        Hello,

Thank you so much for reaching out and thanks for describing your request.

Would you please be so kind as to answer a few short questions so I could look further into this for you?

Are you able to choose a featured image in a WordPress post that should be shared in the post preview later on with the correct image displayed for other social media networks than Tumblr?

Furthermore, please provide us with a post link of a post that you wanted to share on Tumblr so I could look further into this for you.

Tumblr images should fulfill the Image requirements 500 x 750 px min - 1280x1920 px max in image resolution.

I am looking forward to your reply.

If you like Blog2Social and our support, we would be very happy about a 5-star rating on WordPress.org.

Link: https://wordpress.org/support/plugin...iews/?filter=5

Thank you very much and best regards

Alexander

Comment

Working...
        X