Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can autopost to FB and Twitter but not to Reddit, I can only post manually.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can autopost to FB and Twitter but not to Reddit, I can only post manually.

Just like the title says: I'm using WP RSS Aggregator and when I publish posts Blog2Social will autopost to Facebook and Twitter but not to Reddit, I can post only using the "Instant Sharing" page manually. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, did you find a resolution?

Hello,

Thank you so much for reaching out and thanks for describing your request.

Have you noticed an error notification related to your Reddit publishing via the Blog2Social Auto-Poster?
    Please provide us with a screenshot showing the details view for the individual error notification you received for the failed auto posting.

You can find it in Blog2Social by following this patch:
    Your WordPress installation -> Blog2Social -> Social Media Posts -> Notifications -> Reddit Post -> Details

The following instructions will guide you through the process of troubleshooting failed Reddit posts step-by-step:
    I submitted a post to Reddit but it was not posted, why?

Please feel free to let me know if you have any other questions or suggestions about Blog2Social.

Best regards
    Alexander

Comment

Ok, so I think I've found the problem, and it's this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	autopost.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	5023
      So, functionally, the only supported networks to auto-post imported RSS feeds from WP RSS aggregator are the ones listed here correct? Because if this is not enabled then when I publish an imported post it is not automatically shared. Is there any way to enable Reddit in this list?

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your reply and thanks for this feedback.
        Sorry, I think I misunderstood your initial question.

You are correct, this behavior is related to the available social media networks that can be used to share your imported content with Blog2Social (Auto-Poster for imported posts).

The available networks are those as visible in your screenshot:
        • Facebook
        • Twitter
        • Google My Business
        • Telegram
        Sorry for the confusion as well, Reddit is available for the regular Auto-Poster and self created content.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or suggestions about Blog2Social.
        I will gladly support you further.

Best regards
        Alexander

Comment

Ok, so I'm just putting it out there at this point for anybody else who's wondering about this as it does seem somewhat confusing and should be clarified:

If you're using WP RSS Aggregator and you're posting to Social Networks the following applies:

If you're auto-posting directly from an imported RSS feed straight to Blog2Social automatically (no intervention) then it will only post to Facebook, Twitter, GMB and Telegram).

If you're publishing using quick edit from the "All Posts" list page then the same as above applies.

If you're publishing from an individual post editing page then it will post the article to all configured social networks.

This is correct, yes?

Also, I know that there have been several requests to post to a Facebook Group as a Facebook Page but I'm also here to say that this functionality needs to be integrated ASAP as it is a very necessary feature.

Thank You.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for our reply and thanks for this feedback.
            Yes, this is correct and how both features defer from each other.

If you create a self created WordPress page or post by hand (manually) in your WordPress envrionment you can work with the regular Auto-Poster from Blog2Social.
            This feature allows sharing your content automatically to your connected social media networks.

The Auto-Poster for imported posts on the other hand enables you to share content that was imported into your WordPress environment without the manual creation of that individual page/post in your WordPress environment.

The following step-by-step guides will show you how to configure and work with both Auto-Post features individually:
            How do I auto-post and auto-schedule blog posts on social media with the Social Media Auto-Poster?
            Sharing Imported Posts with the Auto-Poster- Things to check for Troubleshooting

Regarding your second question:

Yes this is correct, the mentioned functionality/feature was already requested by other Blog2Social users and is currently in development. Unfortunately I am unable to give you an estimate when this feature can be implemented into Blog2Social. But rest assured if and when the requested feature will be available in a future update of Blog2Social, we will contact you as soon as possible.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any other questions or suggestions about Blog2Social.
            I will gladly support you further.

Best regards
            Alexander

Comment

Working...
            X