Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Error: Sorry, this post has been removed by the moderators of r/learnprogramming.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error: Sorry, this post has been removed by the moderators of r/learnprogramming.

Hi.

I've posted for the first time on my reddit's profile.

As you can see in the attached images, the post template seems to be ok, but when published on reddit, r/learnprogramming
    throws a message saying that the post format is invalid, becausee it contains only a link.

On wordpress reddit's post template, I've included {CONTENT} as the only content field, but at the bottom of the template
    settings window, it shows a preview with the post title, link to original post and featured image.

When posted to reddit, title is missing, content seems to be used as the title, no featured image is shown and the original
    post link is used as the only content.

How can this be fixed ?

Thank you!
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thank you so much for reaching out.

There are many possible reasons for your message to get deleted or not posted on Reddit. Every subreddit has specific community rules. Always make sure to comply with the rules of your specific Reddit community. Every Subreddit also has its own content requirements that always should be respected to avoid restrictions. Furthermore, it is important to mention that Reddit works on the basis of a karma score. The amount of karma required is known only to the Reddit admins. To save and increase your score you should always aim to engage on a personal and human basis. Therefore it is not recommended to publish an unusually large amount of posts per day.

You can check the current community rules for this subreddit at: https://www.reddit.com/r/learnprogramming/about/rules

Reddit also provides additional information which could be interesting to read through:
    The basics to help you get started on Reddit

The following blogpost also has valuable information about your request:
    https://medium.com/@cfiesler/reddit-...t-3de22dabfa56

A lot of these details are also summarized in the following guide of Blog2Social: I submitted a post to Reddit but it was not posted, why?

Please be so kind as to double-check all subreddit requirements and let me know afterward if you were able to share your content on Reddit as intended.

I am looking forward to your reply.

Best regards

Alexander

Comment

Hi.

I agree that some Reddit community can have it's own rules, but here the problem is that the field settings of the post template for Reddit are not correctly applied to the reddit post.

As you can see in the attached images, there is title, content, link and featured image ont the post template, but when applied and it's posted on Reddit, title and content appears as a whole title, tht's why the link remains as the only content for the reddit post.

If you can fix this so the title becomes title and the content becomes content on the reddit post, the issued will be solved.

It's not a problem of the subreddit, it's a problem of an incorrect mapping between template fields and reddit post fields.

Let me know when this is fixed.

Thank you!

Comment

Hello,

Thank you so much for your reply and thanks for your feedback.

We will check this in detail for you and as soon as we have new information related to your request we will contact you as soon as possible.

Thank you for your understanding and your patience.

Best regards

Alexander

Comment

Originally posted by libypur View Post
          Hi.

I agree that some Reddit community can have it's own rules, but here the problem is that the field settings of the post template for Reddit are not correctly applied to the reddit post.

As you can see in the attached images, there is title, content, link and featured image ont the post template, but when applied and it's posted on Reddit, title and content appears as a whole title, tht's why the link remains as the only content for the reddit post.

If you can fix this so the title becomes title and the content becomes content on the reddit post, the issued will be solved.

It's not a problem of the subreddit, it's a problem of an incorrect mapping between template fields and reddit post fields.

Let me know when this is fixed.

Thank you!
          Hello,

Thank you so much for your patience.

I am reaching out in order to let you know that in the latest Blog2Social version 6.6 now the edit mask for Reddit has been extended as you requested.

There is now a separate field for the title as well as for the content of the post.
          Feel free to try it out, we would appreciate your feedback.

Please be so kind as to let me know afterward if you have any other questions about Blog2Social.
          I will gladly support you.

If you like Blog2Social and our support, we would be very happy about a 5-star rating on WordPress.org.

Link: https://wordpress.org/support/plugin...iews/?filter=5

Thank you very much and best regards

Alexander

Comment

Working...
          X