Can't connect with Pinterest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't connect with Pinterest

I'm trying to connect to Pinterest without any luck.
    I've connected to FaceBook, LinkedIn and Instagram and it works fine.

Im trying to connect and it comes up wit a fail message. Install extension instead.
    I did that. Both on Firefox and Chrome, and then I try again. A window opens where I can log in and after I log in, the login window disappears. And still no connection.

Any idea on how to solve this?

Regards,
    Gitte

Hello Gitte,

Thank you for reaching out and thanks for describing your request.
    I checked the case for you and tested connecting a Pinterest testing account in Blog2Social, and so far I was unable to reproduce any issue related to the browser extension.

After the failed login the popup opens as regular and after clicking on the button the process finishes as expected showing this notice:
    “Connect with Pinterest
    Login up successful. Please confirm that Blog2Social is allowed to publish on your profile.”

In the step that should be displayed, you need to select the pin board that you want to connect in Blog2Social.
    After confirming, the popup closes and the connection is shown in the network overview.

You should try to connect your account in a web browser which has no active Pinterest account session or saved credentials which the browser could use to auto sign in the background that could lead to a fail.

The browser extension could be used with Google Chrome or Firefox. Make sure it is up-to-date, or try re-installing it.

Please be so kind as to retest this case as recommended or make sure that you remove your current authorized device from your Pinterest account, so you could avoid the auto sign in/redirect.

Feel free to let me know if these solutions solved your request, or if you require further assistance regarding this matter.
    I am looking forward to your reply.

Best regards
    Alexander

Comment

Hello Alexander.

I've taken som screendumps, so you can se what happens. I hope you can se what I mean :-)

1) I click on Connect
      Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	126
Size:	304.6 KB
ID:	4767

I fill in my user

Name:	2.png
Views:	133
Size:	272.4 KB
ID:	4768

Failed so I install the extension. Tried on both Firefox and Chrome.Click image for larger version

Name:	3.png
Views:	125
Size:	292.9 KB
ID:	4769

I click continueClick image for larger version

Name:	4.png
Views:	124
Size:	283.6 KB
ID:	4770

Limit on number of photos.
      To be continued

Kind regards regards,
      Gitte

Comment

Continued:

I log into Pinterest.

Name:	5.png
Views:	138
Size:	349.6 KB
ID:	4772

I put in my authentication code

Name:	6.png
Views:	138
Size:	425.0 KB
ID:	4773

Nothing. The window closes and im not connected. So I try again and see this and sigh in.

Name:	7.png
Views:	118
Size:	264.4 KB
ID:	4774

Now it tries to connect until I shut down on the X

Name:	8.png
Views:	119
Size:	252.0 KB
ID:	4775

Comment

Hello Gitte,

Thank you for your reply and thanks for providing the requested screenshots.

Please log in with your Pinterest email and password only (no login with Facebook/ no special characters in password: {}^[]~​ )
          Also, please make sure that your Pinterest account has at least one pinboard on which a picture has already been pinned.

Please note: To connect Blog2Social with your Pinterest account and be able to use it, it is important that WP-JSON is activated.
          What WP-JSON is and where you can see if it is active can be seen in the following FAQ:
          System requirements for installing Blog2Social

Please be so kind as to retest the account connection after enabling this option in your WordPress environment.

Thank you for your effort and understanding.

Best regards
          Alexander

Comment

Hi again 🙂

I visited that page already, but I can't find anything about WP-JSON on the page. I even tried to make a page search for the word JSON in case i missed it, but nothing comes up.

The rest of your advices are followed, but with no luck. So I can imagine it might be the JSON, but can't find info on that on the mentioned page.

Thanks,

Gitte

Comment

Hello Gitte,

Thank you for your reply and thanks for this feedback.

The recommended FAQ article about the Blog2Social system requirements has no direct topic about the “wp-json” but it also explains how to use the trouble shooting tool to see the current status.

If you want to see if the WordPress REST API is enabled, the best way to check is to visit this URL: https://yoursite.com/wp-json.
              In your case: https://dev.visionline.dk/wp-json

If you see some information which seems related to your WordPress REST API, it works. If you see something, it means that, at least, your WordPress REST API is enabled.
              Currently, it looks like this is disabled on your WordPress installation.

Due to the fact that this can be configured in multiple optimization plugins or security plugins, I am afraid that I am unable to give you an exact instruction where you can locate your corresponding settings.

You need to check all your active plugins for such an option/configuration.

If you are unable to locate it after checking every option of external plugins, I would recommend to reach out to your hosting provider so they could support you in detecting this in your envrionment.

Please adjust this as recommended and retest the connection process once again afterward, and feel free to let me know if the mentioned solution solved your request or if you require further assistance regarding this matter.

Thank you for your effort and understanding.

Best regards
              Alexander

Comment

Hi again.

Oh, our website is without the dev. sub domain
                Dev was only during the initial website development :-)

https://visionline.dk/wp-json works. But still no luck :-(

Comment

Hello Gitte,

Thank you for your reply and thanks for this feedback.

The behavior that you described is unusual, and it would be required to have access to your WordPress environment in order to look further into this case for you.
                  It would be awesome if you could send us a temporary guest account with admin rights for your WordPress website, if you would like us to check this case further.

We will, of course, treat your information as confidential. Rest assured, we will use this data for tests only.
                  You can delete the account as soon as our tests are complete.

Please be so kind as to include the login URL, login name and password of the WordPress environment.
                  Please make sure to provide us with this information via a private message in the community in order to protect your privacy.

Thank you for your understanding and your effort.

Best regards
                  Alexander

Comment

Working...
                  X