Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharing to Medium Not Working

Hi,

After linking Blog2Social to a Medium Publication, and I click on the "Share" button, the post is not published to Medium, neither am I directed to the next page that shows tht the post has been published. I'm able to post to other networks just fine.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	70
Size:	342.3 KB
ID:	6202

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out.

May I ask you if I do understand correctly that the “Share” button is not triggered properly on your website or do you receive any notification why your post was not shared on Medium?
    Please be so kind as to tell me a little more in detail so I’m able to check this for you.

I’m looking forward to your reply.

Best regards

Benedikt

Comment

Hi Benedikt,

The "Share" button does not trigger. It only shows a black border around the button when I click it. It does not show any notification that the post was shared on medium either. The screen stays the same.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

Since I cannot reproduce your described behavior in a clean test environment it seems to be caused somewhere on your website (for example by another plugin or theme) or in your browser.

An easy way to check which plugin is causing this on your website is to use the plugin “Health Check & Troubleshooting” from WordPress.
        This plugin is intended for such cases and will perform a number of checks on your WordPress installation to detect common configuration errors and known issues, and also allows plugins and themes to add their own checks.
        With the “Health Check & Troubleshooting” plugin you can simulate to deactivate all plugins except Blog2Social and activate one after the other to see which plugin causes your request.

If this does not solve your request I would recommend checking the plugins of your browser or try using another browser (without plugins) to figure out what is causing this.

Please let me know if it works for you afterwards or if you have further questions.

Best regards

Benedikt

Comment

Hi Benedikt,

Thank you for your help. I was able to post to Medium after disabling the adblocker. I didn't think adblockers would conflict with the plugin, especially since I'm able to post to Facebook.

I installed a clean copy of WordPress on my staging site, and I could not post to Medium still. So, I had to disable my adblocker. It was strange, but it worked!

Anyway, thanks again for your help. Now I can finally cross-post to Medium!

Cheers.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback. That’s great to hear.

If you are happy with my support and with Blog2Social, we'd be thrilled if you left us a 5-star-rating on
            https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/blog2social/reviews/?filter=5

Please let me know if you have any other questions regarding Blog2Social.

Best regards

Benedikt

Comment

Working...
            X