Hi,

After posting on Medium, I open the post and see the following:

Only you can see this message

This story's distribution setting is off. Learn more

so the post is useless.

Thanks

Alan

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out. This notification is showing you that you can configure in each story’s distribution setting if the post will be part of the metered paywall shown on Medium.

This is something that is not caused by Blog2Social. You just need to adjust your distribution setting so your audience will be able to see your posts.

You will find more information here:
    https://help.medium.com/hc/en-us/art...ibution-system

Please let me know if you have any other questions about Blog2Social.

Best regards

Alexander

Comment

Hi,

Thank you. Medium help document at https://help.medium.com/hc/en-us/art...-------------- indicates that one must select the "curation review and distribution" checkbox to make the story public. So I just want to confirm that Blog2Social system will check this option when sharing post.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you so much for your reply.

By default Blog2Social publishes your content on Medium as publicly visible stories. This might be due to a specific setting of your Medium account.

However, If your posts are not visible to others, you can follow the steps on the screenshot to make them visible to your audience easily.

Screenshots:
        1. Open a story on your account.

1. Change the visibility.

Please let me know if you have any other questions about Blog2Social.

Best regards

Alexander

Comment

Hi,

Thank you very much. I finally understand what the Medium message means, it means the "message" is visible to me only, but the story is visible to public.

Now the post is visible, but there are still many problems:

1. There are no content after the title. But in the template I have set the show the content with 250 character limit.
          2. There are no image shown in the post.
          3. There are hyperlink added in the post.(Your template said it will)

See below:

https://medium.com/data-recovery-tec...y-b683b34a94c7

Comment

Hello,

Thank you so much for your reply and thank you for describing the situation.

The following variables can be used within the network-templates:

{CONTENT} = This will display the post content if any is set in the WordPress post.
            {EXCERPT} = This will display the post short description if any is set in the WordPress post

Please note that the post image of your Medium post is fetched from the set featured image of your WordPress post. If your image is contained inside your post but not in the featured image field the image in your Medium post will be likely missing.

It would be awesome if you could be so kind and send me a screenshot of your configured post within your WordPress backend and a screenshot of your network template settings?

I am looking forward to your reply.

Best regards

Alexander

Comment

Hi,

Please find the template for medium below:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Medium-template.png
Views:	140
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	687
              As you can see, I specify content with 250 character limit. However, the actual post looks like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Medium-post.png
Views:	111
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	688
              In the template, there are no contents at all. Also there are no place for the image

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your reply and thank you for providing these screenshots.

Please note that the network-template preview below the general setting of how your post could look like, if you choose these settings.

First of all it is important to mention that the missing image for your Medium post is likely caused by a missing featured image in the meta tags of your post. As soon as you select one featured image for your post you should see the correct image in your preview.

Please have a look at this example:

It would be awesome if you could follow these steps to share a post on Medium:
                1. Create your WordPress post.
                2. Choose a title, content, tags and featured image. Then save it.
                3. Go to your network settings:

Your WordPress installation -> Blog2Social -> networks -> Medium -> Edit the network template like you described.
                1. Then switch to:
                Your WordPress installation -> Blog2Social dashboard -> right Sidebar -> CONTENT LIBRARY -> All Posts -> Choose your created post and click on share on social media

Now you should see the preview of your content correctly.

Take a look at this example with 250 characters and an image as a featured image:

Please let me know if this solution works for you.

I am looking forward to your reply.

Best regards

Alexander

Comment

Hi,

I follow your instructions, but the result still do not have image and content. I publish on Medium publication, not profile.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you so much for reaching out and thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Furthermore thank you so much for letting us know that you noticed that behavior of Blog2Social sharing a post to a Medium publication without the text and image pre captured like it should.

We will inspect this behavior. As soon as new information is available or a solution is found we will contact you. Thanks for your feedback, it helps us to continuously develop and improve Blog2Social.

Please let me know if you have any other questions about Blog2Social in the meantime.

Best regards

Alexander

Comment

Working...
                    X